Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Re: Axioms Of Dominion: NegativeNarrative And MaliciousMultiplayer Design Impact  (Read 18134 times)

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Axioms Of Dominion: Feedback Request on RPG-esque Adventurer Combat System
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2022, 09:31:18 am »

Alright, getting near the end of the actual features of the prototype for adventure combat. Spent roughly 2 weeks on this and while it looks pretty basic the mechanics are working as well as can be expected for a prototype.

Writing the code for affliction propagation and other similar effects now. So a Plague spell could spread both the Marks and Effects from other Damage Over Time spells that deal Disease damage or related damage types. A spell called Propagate spreads all damage over time and potentially debuff effects regardless of their nature.

There are a few more fancy things like that.

Finished environmental effects of various kinds a few days ago.

Once I spend a few days designing the abilities for a few more magical Aspects and getting a semi-competent enemy AI working I'm going to do a bit of play testing and maybe some "AARs" and then move back to the strategic side of the game. Potentially finishing up Rivers and other key map features if I can't think of something else I'd like to do.

Definitely enjoyed this little rpg side diversion.

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Axioms Of Dominion: NegativeNarrative And MaliciousMultiplayer Design Impact
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2022, 05:26:22 pm »

https://axiomsofdominion.substack.com/p/negative-narrative-and-malicious?sd=pf

Probably not my most engaging piece on game design in general but it is something I have very strong feelings about.

"Content" focused game design and multiplayer friendly game design have far-reaching impacts on the possibility space for strategy or tactical or rpg games.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]