Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 15888 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Pre-Game Testing Phase & Signups [3/?]
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2022, 05:03:22 am »

IN

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Pre-Game Testing Phase & Signups [3/?]
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2022, 05:28:44 am »

Posting roles later

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Pre-Game Testing Phase & Signups [5/?]
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2022, 02:02:06 pm »

one of my roles was impossible, as the ability was to super kill everyone in the game, and the win con was for someone of a opposite alignment to be alive, so I'm not posting that one lol

(Jesiler Hospitaler: While you are dead, each other player's night action has a 50% chance of affecting a random player of a different alignment. You have two abilities: each night you can guard all the players targeting a random player's target, or up to twice per night you can copy all the players targeting another player. Actions: guard, copy.

Paraiser Wereist: If you are killed, all the players will lose their role powers. You have two abilities: up to twice per night you can cure a random player, or each night you can inspect all the players. Actions: cure, inspect.. You are a third-party: you win if you are alive when the game ends.

Love Blueiler: You yourself won't flip on dying. Each night you can target a random player's target. If they are a third-party, you convert them into being a normal Townie. Action: psych.

Backpert Mafioman: From the end of the first day, a random player shares share a chat with you yourself. You can curse another player. Action: curse.)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Pre-Game Testing Phase & Signups [5/?]
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2022, 02:09:40 pm »

This is a terrible idea but in.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Pre-Game Testing Phase & Signups [6/?]
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2022, 09:56:28 pm »

Okay let's roll some roles:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The roles that have "each other player's night action has a % chance of affecting a random player of a X alignment" sounds really annoying.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2022, 02:55:06 am »

I think NQT will replace the names in the hen with names of people actually playing, so person specific roles on the lines of captain or condemnor appear

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2022, 04:45:52 am »

Yeah 'Tiruin', 'Zombie Urist' etc are just used as dummy names in the list, and would be populated with the actual players. That way you can have ally and lover type roles generated.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2022, 04:52:08 am »

One-shot Missionet: You have the following one-shot ability: you can copy all the players's target (one use). Action: copy
Holy shit...what??
The grammar is a bug, but what I think this does is for all players being targeted by someone, it would copy their action. Powerful, but probably not game-ending.

The roles that have "each other player's night action has a % chance of affecting a random player of a X alignment" sounds really annoying.
Yeah probably a bit annoying. It's an emergent design space between a couple of normal roles that doesn't quite work. I think I need to tweak the chances, because the list of possible actions is huge whereas the list of passive stuff like this is much smaller, so even though roles are most likely to have an action, each given action is much rarer than some of the weirder passive powers.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2022, 04:38:51 pm »

In.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Pre-Game Testing Phase & Signups [7/?]
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2022, 06:27:26 pm »

Can I ask if there've been any additions/changes to the generator since this post?

The diguised roleflip thing seems a bit too common. It's also not clear what kind of third party you flip as when it says something like "You will show up as 'third party' on roleflip (with this ability blanked out)".
There's also an ambiguity with roles that make other people flip in obscured or changed ways - it says "X will flip as third party with this ability blanked out", but is it visible on you?

The roles that do nothing but screw with censuses don't seem fun, but they make logical sense.

Would be ok with a totally random initial setup with unexpected third parties, especially if there were fewer "randomize all night action" roles. Trying to train myself not to care about having a weak or useless role.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Signups [7/?]
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2022, 06:32:34 pm »

In. I think we need at least 9 players for a fun setup, so I'll contribute to that.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2022, 06:41:21 pm »

Can I ask if there've been any additions/changes to the generator since this post?

The diguised roleflip thing seems a bit too common. It's also not clear what kind of third party you flip as when it says something like "You will show up as 'third party' on roleflip (with this ability blanked out)".
There's also an ambiguity with roles that make other people flip in obscured or changed ways - it says "X will flip as third party with this ability blanked out", but is it visible on you?

The roles that do nothing but screw with censuses don't seem fun, but they make logical sense.

Would be ok with a totally random initial setup with unexpected third parties, especially if there were fewer "randomize all night action" roles. Trying to train myself not to care about having a weak or useless role.
Thanks for the feedback. I've just updated the source with a slightly more balanced set of possibilities, but I think it still needs work. If I can get it spitting out something nice and variable I would be tempted to go 100% random (third parties included) or maybe, like gen up three possible random states and run the most viable of the three.

Working on the ambiguity problem now...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2022, 06:46:36 pm »

In. I think we need at least 9 players for a fun setup, so I'll contribute to that.
Good to have you aboard.

It's also not clear what kind of third party you flip as when it says something like "You will show up as 'third party' on roleflip (with this ability blanked out)".
Actually, I think these are better clarified outside of the generator: you would show up with a newly generated third party role. And yes, if you died, then on your flip people would learn that X's flip was a fake. I'll add some clarifications in the OP.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Signups [8/?]
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2022, 07:13:39 am »

I've update the source again with loads more Xylbot-inspired roles, increasing the variation. Here's some new content:

Super Poisoner: You can feed Maximum Spin each night, which will either cure them or poison them (75/25 chance). Actions: Bake

Secret Busup: Whenever someone targets you during the night, you will use the same ability back at FallacyofUrist. Up to twice per day you can infect half the players targeting a random player's target. Action: infect

Poison Redirector: If you don't act during the night, you will poison yourself at the end of the phase

Fallenbor Blackic: When the first player with an infect action dies, you gain their ability.

You have the following one-shot ability: you can delay all the players (one use). Action: delay . You are a third-party: you win if you are dead when the game ends

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Signups [8/?]
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2022, 08:50:28 am »

Random Madcat: If you die, player will gain your role ((instead of)) their own.. Each night you can poison another player. Action: poison

Love Nurse: Up to twice per day you can infect another player. Action: infect
Any ability directly targeting you, will target a random player of the same alignment as well as. You won't flip on dying
Each night you can befriend all the players targeting all the players. Action: befriend
You can feed a random player each day, which will either protect them or kill them (75/25 chance). Actions: Bake

Wolf Hunter: You have a one-shot ability. You can feed a target up to twice per day, which will either frame them or voteblock them (75/25 chance). Actions: Bake (1 use)

Jack Foo: Up to twice per day you can watch a random player's target. Action: watch
You are an identical twin with player, but your twin doesn't know about you. Half actions targeting one of you will target the other instead. Each day you can voteblock half the players targeting a random player. Action: voteblock
Up to twice per day you can protect a random player. Action: protect
Each night you can block another player. Action: block
Each day you can redirect all the players. Action: redirect

God Ganger: Up to twice per day you can evolve a random player's target. Action: evolve

Gamma Irradiateor: Each night you can irradiate a random player. Action: irradiate
While you are alive, FallacyofUrist will have two votes (which may be blocked/stolen separately). Each day you can irradiate a random player's target. Action: irradiate
Each day you can consume another player. Action: consume . You are a third-party: you win and leave the game if you are alive at the end of the first day

Corrupt Wolf: Each night you can cure another player. Action: cure

Doc Exchangeist: Each night you can exchange another player. Action: exchange

Greeniler: Each day you can protect another player's target. Action: protect

Lonebor Doppelfingers: Each day you can rob all the players. Action: rob

Behold the strangeness. Also find it fun Fallacy is in the generator.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26