Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Game Over - Scum Win  (Read 15883 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Signups [8/?]
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2022, 09:06:51 am »

Random Madcat: If you die, player will gain your role ((instead of)) their own.. Each night you can poison another player. Action: poison
Ooh two bugs in one role. Fixed both in the current source now. Good spot.

You are an identical twin with player, but your twin doesn't know about you. Half actions targeting one of you will target the other instead. Each day you can voteblock half the players targeting a random player. Action: voteblock
Will now say "Half the actions".

Behold the strangeness. Also find it fun Fallacy is in the generator.
All the current players are now in the generator! This is so lover/buddy etc type roles can be generated.

OK, I think I am done with adding in Xlybot roles. Versions of most roles from the list can be generated, with many more weird roles in between. I didn't include amnesia or insane roles, as I don't like them.

The latest I added a bunch of network/goo/mirror type roles that everyone loves/hates (though they're not super common to generate).

Also, it's way way less common than in Proc Gen 1-3, but you can still generate completely incomprehensible and functionally impossible to trigger roles:

You have the following one-shot ability: you can block a third of the players targeting a third of the players targeting half the players targeting a third of the players targeting all the players targeting a random player of the same alignment's target's target's target's target (one use). Action: block

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2022, 10:36:09 am »

out, ‘cause there’s too much going on and it’s apparently endless, and I get to do it all on incessantly little sleep.

Never mind I’ve just had a shitty week, I’ll be fine.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 03:23:45 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Signups [7/?]
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2022, 11:43:00 pm »

I’ll make a new in post just in case the edit gets missed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2022, 03:01:21 pm »

Good to see.

Things are looking good for starting tomorrow. I've genned up a provisional set of roles for 8 players, but we certainly have room for more...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 1
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2022, 03:52:08 am »

DAY ONE

Dwarf Universe: Slave of Armok 7 was finally released. A single-player successor to an ill-fated Dwarf Fortress MMO, it had been in development hell for almost a decade. Someone had gone wrong with the generator and it was only creating elven civilisations. Eight testers set out to debug the code... but some of them were elf sympathisers...

There is at least one scum player. There may be 3rd party players.

Spoiler: Current Source Code (click to show/hide)

The day will end 8th September 2022, 10AM BST, unless majority is voting for any player or No Lynch. Hammer at 5.

Alive
- Maximum Spin
- ToonyMan
- TricMagic
- KnightWing64
- NJW2000
- Jim Groovester
- FallacyofUrist
- Hector13

SpoilSpec access is available on request.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 04:27:59 am by notquitethere »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 4 - Day 1 Begins! - Dwarf Fortress? Elf Fortress more like!
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2022, 06:50:04 am »

Good morning everyone

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2022, 07:01:31 am »

Good morning. I’m going to start with some questions.

Hector: how well do you know the players here? Are there any you haven’t played with?

Jim: how are you going to deal with Knightwing this game? Do you think last game will help you read them?

Toonyman: NQT chose randomly generated roles to form something like a fair set-up. Do you think this makes second-guessing the mod more or less dangerous here than in a typical game?
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2022, 08:13:35 am »

Knightwing, how does it feel to be 1 of the weaker players. Or do you contest this?

And before anyone asks, I'm third party. So I'm going to be a bit disruptive till I win, after which I'll just help out my friend. Please befriend me?

Yes, this is a silly way to win a game of mafia, why do you ask?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2022, 10:22:33 am »

Knightwing, how does it feel to be 1 of the weaker players. Or do you contest this?

And before anyone asks, I'm third party. So I'm going to be a bit disruptive till I win, after which I'll just help out my friend. Please befriend me?

Uh huh. What kind of third party are you?

There are 8 players in the game which makes having the tradish two scum and a third party of any stripe a bit of a stretch here.

@NJW I’ve played with everyone here at least once. I think I’m most comfortable reading FoU, though it has been literal years since I played a game with them so maybe that’s wishful thinking, and least comfortable with Max Spin. They just always seem to be pinging my scumdar.

How come you only asked three players questions?

NQT: Can I spoilspec..? It would make my life so much easier.

More in a bit, I need to wake up. Typical Brit starting the game so early.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2022, 10:25:52 am »

You talking about my role or playing ability? Role, no, it’s pretty shit, if you mean my playing ability I would kill you if I had the ability

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2022, 10:33:01 am »

If you die and it is mechanically impossible for you to be resurrected, revived, channelled, etc. then I will give you spoilspec!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2022, 10:36:58 am »

Uh huh. What kind of third party are you?

There are 8 players in the game which makes having the tradish two scum and a third party of any stripe a bit of a stretch here.

@NJW I’ve played with everyone here at least once. I think I’m most comfortable reading FoU, though it has been literal years since I played a game with them so maybe that’s wishful thinking, and least comfortable with Max Spin. They just always seem to be pinging my scumdar.

How come you only asked three players questions?

More in a bit, I need to wake up. Typical Brit starting the game so early.

I win once I'm befriended. After which I'll work towards the goals of the one to befriend me. Right now town's most likely to have that ability given befriending tells people your alignment. So I'm mostly on town's side here.

As TP, I'm fairly safe from the lynch too. While removing me would not hurt town, it doesn't actually catch scum, so.. My action is also confirmable, though someone would have to waste an inspect on me to see if I tell the truth.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2022, 11:20:11 am »

Toonyman: NQT chose randomly generated roles to form something like a fair set-up. Do you think this makes second-guessing the mod more or less dangerous here than in a typical game?
I will always try to meta-game the setup. If NQT chose the randomly generated roles then even more so.

I'm third party.
I'm like 99% sure you're telling the truth as it's a very Tric thing to do, and one of my abilities is the psych one to convert a third-party to town. Annoyingly, my target has to be random, but eventually I can convert you to town.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2022, 11:22:18 am »

The more I think about this the less I like it.

There are 8 players, with at least one scum and now a claimed third party. As I’ve said, it would seem excessive to have 2 scum and a third party, leaving 5 townies. This TP claims to be recruitable and it seems vanishingly unlikely that scum would not be able to recruit them, else what’s the point of them being recruitable?

It seems more likely to me that there’s one scum, and Tric is able to be recruited by them, possibly also by town to maybe kinda sorta balance it out?

Why would a player stay in the game if they’ve already won, too?

I hate third parties, god damn.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2022, 11:22:31 am »

You talking about my role or playing ability? Role, no, it’s pretty shit, if you mean my playing ability I would kill you if I had the ability
My role is also pretty shit. Let's be friends.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26