Advanced search  

Poll

Would you find this useful?

Yes
- 2 (100%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Barracks Bed Positions reset if another squad requests the same beds.  (Read 755 times)

Gimli-McGloinFace

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So I've set up a system I thought would work to train 4 civilian squads in 1 barracks,
Month 1:Squad 1 trains and lives there
Month 2: Squad 2 trains and lives there, Squad 1 returns back to their homes and full-time jobs etc etc

It appears though that even though the barracks set all 4 squads to sleep there when the change over happens the beds don't reset positions, There is a manual fix of doing it ever single month but I'd be doing it for 16 squads across 4 barracks.
My suggestion is that several squads should be able to have the same beds as different squads. So that it makes a staggered training routine possible without building every single squad its own barracks, since my battle arena is above ground and my barracks are built on the floors above it would it silly having 3/4 empty and squads further away from the dinner tables and training barracks.

I think any problems from having it assigned this way come from when you let units store ind and sq eq but by building them who need a fulltime barracks their own barracks and not allowing other squads to sleep here solves it, and not storing inv and sq eq in the dorm barracks prevents any problems with this.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 07:22:28 pm by Gimli-McGloinFace »

Gimli-McGloinFace

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Barracks Bed Positions reset if another squad requests the same beds.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 09:03:32 am »

Having this as an official feature instead of something as a macro that just resets at the start of every month also has the advantage of during a siege, if all the squads are set to sleep in barracks at need, they can rotate in the same sleeping room right above the battlefield instead of returning to their civilian bedroom far from the battle. Currently researching how to do a monthly reset automatically with DFHack. But I don't think it would work for resetting during a siege.