Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tileset Launcher/Removing gold gear from goblins  (Read 2345 times)

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tileset Launcher/Removing gold gear from goblins
« on: August 30, 2022, 03:15:59 pm »

Can anybody here help me, how to remove the gold gear from enemies again? I want them using better stuff, not worse
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tileset Launcher/Removing gold gear from goblins
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 03:52:31 am »

Well out of 3 options, you could

1) remove the ability for everyone to produce gold armor by editing the [ITEMS_ARMOR] property specifically off its inorganic material file.

2) Create a script based off adding or removing resources (there are a few in the community, there might even be one attached to masterwork its worth checking because i forget) so that it doesn't appear in generated gameplay but can still be accessed in fortress mode directly. Notepad++, DFhack and a bit of skill required.

3) The 'vanilla' way of doing the above without a script just by raw modding would be to subtract relevant jobs from the civilization (ei armorsmith) then "resupply" them with your own script from a custom workshop using another role to produce specific items. You'd just be removing the natural way for it to generate in the Goblin's economy, when the miners pass the ore to the smelter, and the smelter passes the metal to the smiths.