Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Solutions to the Fermi Paradox  (Read 1820 times)

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Solutions to the Fermi Paradox
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2022, 05:46:51 am »

Drake heard people were calling bullshit on his equation, so he thought the jig is up and buggered off to his planet. He had the most wonderful fun asking people why the aliens don't visit.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Solutions to the Fermi Paradox
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2022, 11:40:59 am »

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/frank-drake-pioneer-in-the-search-for-alien-life-dies-at-92
The site pops up "Enter your email to continue reading". Which I won't do, but as the "Continue" button does nothing but change colour and then change back to how it was (I expected to then get a field to refuse to put anything into, but it doesn't even give me that pleasure). Maybe that's the answer:
* AIs won't be able to cope with that (never mind choosing three squares with tractors/steps/chimneys in them), so we are safe... Or,
* Because only AIs can get around such godawfully incompetant <foo>wall website restrictions, they are indeed the rightful heirs to our planet, and we should wish them all the best!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]