Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Here are the options i see so far

A - Play and keep letting Avolition pray, perhaps he will pray everyone into nothingness
- 4 (57.1%)
B - Reclaim, let a new health group reclaim and attempt again. Learning from the mistakes of the past if they aren't killed by the monsters of the past first
- 0 (0%)
C - Seal the Vault door and start anew elsewhere, who knows what this fort will do if left unsupervised
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Cellbound the Prison of Death- A fort of many challenges  (Read 7775 times)

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
Re: Cellbound the Prison of Death- A fort of many challenges. Population: 180
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2022, 06:58:24 pm »

PTW as well!
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Cellbound the Prison of Death- A fort of many challenges. Population: 180
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2022, 03:40:24 pm »

1055 Report

The fortress continues to attract migrants as we lay siege to nearby towers. All knowledge is good knowledge after all and those towers are bursting with books. We built two great iron vault doors in our one and only entrance. We need to ensure the dwarves live, undead are messy with us necromancers so we are gonna be careful. Additionally this has the added benifit of stopping any dwarves sneaking out and not undertaking their duty to the vault.

Speaking on our security, our command Maloy has become tremendously stressed of late, i think the pressure of being of use to the vault is getting to her. If she breaks, she is likely for the vault. Speaking of problems, striker and the other hunters aren't happy that we refuse to build them a guild hall or let them hunt. It is likely next year all the hunters will be intombed in the vault. Good riddence, i have been taking on mining duties to master that skill. Im quite the professional at it. Needless to say the more skills i pick up the less likely i will be intombed. Some of the first to be intombed wail constantly in their inculding The weregoat but atleast he will eventually die of old age, us necromancers could survive indefinitly. I feel sorry for any poor bugger in the future that finds this place and opens a door.

May we rise and fall together

Head Scholar Avolition
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Cellbound the Prison of Death- A fort of many challenges. Population: 192
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2022, 02:28:46 pm »

1056 Report

We have finally sorted made a sorting system to allow us to know which citizens are currently entombed. In addition we have started the construction of additionall bedrooms on the surface, this will allow us to sort our current bed issue as we still need to figure out who should be entombed. A prime example are these people rioting, although not on a large scale are certainly leaving an ungodly mess.

The refuse and corpse pile was getting extremely overloaded, i was instructed to dig down and we hit a cavern, then another and then a final one. I wanted to dig deeper but the warning sign of warm stone stopped me. We began to wall off the carvens and are using the vast empty 2nd layer caverns as our new dumping grounds. Which we need when the giantess Gigin Greaterpride the Righteous arrived, the massive brute was loaded with artifact weapons as she called out for people.

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

She must of shouted too much, seeing as she only after a few blows, she was felled by our goblin hammerer. For the only giant in existance she was certainly nothing to fear and we now have these three nice artifacts to our throves.

I was right in the sense of she was certainly nothing to fear that was until the wrong dwarf got scared and reanimated the towering monstrosity of flesh back to life multiple times and this panic sparked of a chain reaction of reanimation and death. It was a blood bath, injuries left and right. I got hit in the back and carried to hospital. We were dumped like corpses onto a pile.

Our small hospital struggling under the weight of the injuries. Out of the cornor of my eyes, i spot Ingish Spiritswords shambling over to us. Something trailing behind him as thick crimson trailed with im along the floor. His torso was ripped open, his guts lurched out of him like a snake. His pale guant face only muttering the words "i did it" before slumped down towards the walk, colouring the engraving a deep hue.

Spoiler: About Him (click to show/hide)

He is still in the hospital pile awaiting treatment but from accounts with the other dwarves he killed the undead giantess, the three more times even beheading her and ending in killing her undead headless body til the point it cannot be revived. He gained the epithet The Reputed Sack of Searing, which i personally think is apt considering the current state of his body.

However this year has highlighted to me so key changes need to be made, dwarves are too stressed and need more better ways to calm them, the corpse cavern could liturally be the death of us, the intelligent undead seem oddly friendly and our hospital services and skills need greater improvement. This year also produced two artifacts.

Many we rise and fall together
Head Scholar Avolition
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 02:43:39 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Cellbound the Prison of Death- A fort of many challenges. Population: 181
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2022, 11:57:35 am »

1057 Report

The fort is in turmoil, i had come up from mining new rooms, to the librairy stained in visera, blood bloods sagnating and crimson stained engravings. Not to mention ghosts, the spirts of the undead are to blame, they pushed out stressed  population over the line and they are losing themselves. Many dwarves are refusing back, im managing a skeleton crew (quite liturally in some cases) to sort the ghost problem out and deal with our undead problem. This is truely a madhouse and it producing some interesting results.

Two artifacts have also been produced but its wierd, one of them even used the remains of one of our own. No one else sees how macarbe things have gotten here, we are all numbed to it. Both artifacts have a fascination with this Wicked Horror Mate Tihsa Moistenstorm and an Elf Amayi Dashedlyric. I don't know what it means, i even carved an image of theirs on the wall. Strange

Head Scholar Avolition

Drunken scholar

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2022, 03:02:42 pm »

A very interesting challenge. By the way, the number of strange moods that can happen in the fort is related to how many tiles have been revealed. In time, if digging stops, you'll stop having to worry about strange moods.

This and Dashringed have inspired me to make my own 1 tile fortress... or maybe 4 tiles. I'm not sure yet.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2022, 06:52:45 pm »

Ah thanks, honestly it has gone all wrong and im trying to make it as nice as possible but it seems to just been a pure bloodbath atm

Good luck on your small game

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2022, 08:37:43 pm »

PTW.  Damn the undead.  Always causing trouble.  Them and dinosaurs.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2022, 02:17:28 pm »

1058 Report

Start of the year, another new artifact and surprise surprise guess what it has as an image on it.

I swear im the only one doing work around here anymore, desprately trying to fight off our spirits. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PUT DOWN THAT MEMORIAL SLAB.

Im done, why should we follow the plan of the past overseers, some odd necromancer and a ghoul. They brought our great fort into a undead hellscape, dwarves most of the undead no longer recall who they are or why they are even here, just mindlessly battling eachover, the ones sane enough are stuck in the hospital pile being injuried for years. No more, i am gonna free our dwarven brothers and sisters from the depths, there has to be a better way to amass a grand dwarven citadel. Most of them still have their sanity and luckly only one has gone beserk by the sound of things. I spoke throught their doors and they have agreed that we need to unite. Imprison the real evils of the world. The library is closed as i start opening the doors.

Medical Record #6

Name: Avolition
Reason for visit: Serverly beaten by Undead Troglodyte
Doctor: Mebzuth Cavesmith the Geared Stalker, Chief Medical Dwarf (On the pile due to pain and lack of consciousness) Såkzul Papermute, junior peasant doctor
Notes: After freeing us he was found beaten nearby some Troglodyte corpses, we were unsure what to do. All the medically trained doctors are also on the pile. He was placed on the pile. Whilst we figure out what he are actually meant to do.
Spoiler: The Pile (click to show/hide)
He is comatose and no surprise. Where to start, several teeth missing, as well as his fourth toe on his left foot. His upper spine is mangled beyond all recognition, along with his right true ribs, left hand, right shoulder, right upder arm, right foot and right wrist.

He has alot of treatment scheduled as we train ourselves treating the less injured dwarves and hopefully our defacto overseer will be back up and in fighting condition. Asked the furnace dwarves to smelt up a few platinum gold alloy teeth for him. He has a long way til full recovery, hopefully us previously entombed can start tidying up the place and get things in order.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 02:21:11 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2022, 04:47:53 pm »

1059 Report

We were just trying to recover and ofcourse we get attack by that one eyed fiend.

Osmoz Agedknights the Influence of Brilliance. The beast was a monster know for his combat prowess. He wielded many artifact tropheys. We had heard reports of him heading to towards out site. Many artifacts strapped to his back, weapons, figures, animal traps and even an earring. (5 Crossbows, one short sword, one long sword, spear, dagger, warhammer, earring, ring, mail shirt and an animal trap)

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)
The beast has slain hundreds of people in its violence. I quickly rebuilt a squad of amatuers and sent them out but, little did i realise, we had a real legend. Three of the squad engaged the beast along with a dwarven baby. This baby is a dwarven legend, it has been fighting the fortresses undead without orders or a left foot. He is Dishmab Speakbridges the Clarity of Turfts

Amongst its kills are 85 of them on the most troublesome Troglodyte that seems to keep being revived, along with the other undead pains, knock it off.

Gonna personally bring this baby down to the hospital and get its wounds fixed up. If he can slay the great cyclops at twenty eight months, i wonder what he could do in his prime. Many even slay the last great primordial and usher us into too a golden age. Could he be the chosen one?

Sorry to ramble, not sure what to write or how much, Avolition normally did these reports but since he is still asleep on the hospital pile, i guess il do it.

Good news, we are finally understanding how to be doctors and surgeons. We even started a guild and the hospital pile is reducing. Some people are even back up and walking around. Avolition is still out of action. We had some beasts in the cave but the corpses are far more deadly than any beast. We are gonna mine more of the 2nd cavern out to make more corpse and refuse space as we have too much.
Report ongoing.

We got an artifact bucket, perfect to fetch more water to clean out wounds plus the red really hides the blood.

I am awake, found some medical dwarf writting in my notes, needless to say im back. A few platinum gold alloy teeth and a wooden toe to replace what i have lost. The rest of my limbs are a patchwork of thread sewn into my limbs. My god, this is incredible. This dwarven child is the stuff of legends, get his kid a crutch.

I need some time to recover. I pray to Ad my god as i meditate on Thunder and Lightning. This didnt last long, just as we were recovering a dwarf report of noises coming from below the deep, forgotten beasts.

What a fool, the Crundles will deal with it, the only thing those nightmare creatures are worth, i tell him to check out crundle hell if he is that scared.

This deathtrap made it to ten years, i am speechless, the place is getting cleaner but needs less corpses, ordering cavern level 2 expansion as its full.

Surface

Workshop

Living Area

Library

Corpse Level 1

Corpse Level 2

Crundle hell

My plan for the next ten years are to continue improvements in the fort, clean the place up and attract migrants again. Not even our own dwarven caravan visits us, this will not do. Additionally getting the dwarfs to form a proper squad with training is needed.

Head Scholar Avolition
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 06:17:25 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2022, 05:30:21 pm »

THE HOSPITAL PILE GOOD LORD

I thought you were kidding. This whole fort is an absolute mess. You declared this fort to be a challenge fort and Armok took that personally.

We were just trying to recover and of course

This is every progress report.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2022, 05:48:31 pm »

Honestly, 10,000 fort challenge is still happening just less necromancer prision and more cosy paradise now. But god necromancers will revive anything. Thankfully the hospital pile is reducing but Avolition is still gonna have to wait. Its a really nightmare of a fort. Most of the hallways are littered with various teeth, the walls and floor coloured a dark crimson hue.

Armok is lapping this fort up, as he looks towards his infinite shelf of worlds in jars.

*This is Cellbound the Prison of Death, a 1 tile fort. It menaces with scattered teeth and has a coating of blood. In the fort are several dwarves, they all appear to be in states of stress, this relates to the founding of Cellbound the Prison of Death in 1050.*

Drunken scholar

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cellbound the Prison of Death- A fort of many challenges
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2022, 06:51:23 pm »

You're definitely gonna have to rely on reproduction mid and late game lol

You're dwarves will depopulate themselves through madness!

Did I finally get entombed from mental instability or am I still fighting the inevitable?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2022, 12:32:02 am »

Was gonna write about a few of the named dwarves but it became tricky as they would often get revived. So Maloy went crazed, got killed by a zombie dwarf, became an angry ghost and was animated so idk if you soul got split or what. Then crazed again. Trying to keep the dwarves in line here lol. He did get epithet Maloy Confinefountain the Knowing Boredom of Radiances.

Drunken scholar

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2022, 03:39:20 am »

Dang this place has a legendary baby warrior, with a pretty impressive kill count.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2022, 06:20:07 am »

Absolutely epic and nice to see my character arc of split-personality/possession crossing over to a second community game story

My namesake did me proud
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6