Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Here are the options i see so far

A - Play and keep letting Avolition pray, perhaps he will pray everyone into nothingness
- 4 (57.1%)
B - Reclaim, let a new health group reclaim and attempt again. Learning from the mistakes of the past if they aren't killed by the monsters of the past first
- 0 (0%)
C - Seal the Vault door and start anew elsewhere, who knows what this fort will do if left unsupervised
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Cellbound the Prison of Death- A fort of many challenges  (Read 7893 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Cellbound the Prison of Death- A fort of many challenges
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2022, 02:15:04 pm »

Since i did an update on Maloy, i will do an updated on the other dwarfed people.

'King Zultan' Willgravel - Dead/Put to rest. He was a good military dwarf but sadly had some nerves after become a necromancer and would often revive dead. He fought against an army of corpses with the rest of his squad led by commander Maloy. He was stabbed with an iron short sword by a zombie, brought back and revived many times during midsummer 1057, he scared Bim Equallances the Afficted Magicians of Ink to death whilst a muderous ghost. Late summer he was put to rest.

'strik3r' Coverpage the Socketed Lenses of Flashing - Dead. He was casualty in 1057 midsummer during the massive riot. He was responsible for putting down many of the dangerous undead including the animated giant. However another dwarf necromancer killed him in cold blood during the riot

'brewer bob' Focusdagger the Rhythmic Embrace - Alive, kinda. He lasted a bit more, Early autumn where he was struck down by the reanimated giant Gigin Greaterpride the Righteous who he had killed 3 times before falling himself, he was brought back and few times and is currently alive but he is headless. Not sure which one of the friendlty sunless dwarfs he is. Will see if i can figure it out. He is currently a silent guardian of the fort. Whilst his identity and name are long forgotten. His love for his fellow dwarf still burns brightly within him.

'nomadic the 1st' Flickerboat the Dimpled Volcano - Alive, kinda. A simular fate to brewer bob. Was beheaded by a zombie dwarf with an iron short sword and is currently a fellow silent guardian of the fort. He has many kills.

'Obsidian Short Sword'  Sizzledshield the Inky Fortification of Elevation - Alive, has not died. Was part of Maloys squad from the start. . Has 345 notable kills with his steel long sword. On a small hospital pile with a broken right hand and left foot. My god is he godly. He has amazing stats. Unbelievably strong, basically unbreakable, absolutely inexhaustible and amazing agily, unbreakable focus, uncanny intution, stunning feel for spatial relationships, unbreakable will, great kinethetic sense and a very good feel for social relationships. Gonna have to get him a bed in the hospital asap. Need a skilled dwarf like this to lead a squad.

'Wonder Psycho' Stockadethrowers the Portals of Stuttering - Alive, i had missed your dwarfing mb. I do appologise. I found a good dwarf for you. Has had alot of romance in his past, what is interesting is he upon learning secrets assumed the identity "The Last Bow" and was entombed for sometime. With a release from his tomb. How will this mysterous dwarf act.

'Laterigrade' Gladechannel the Spattered Obscurity of Tones - Alive, legendary carpenter by trade, he was truly skilled. When the riots happened he used his strength to fight but but had sustained several injuries. His upper front teeth is gone. His right foot and right hand are broken, bruised upper spine and a right lower arm mangled beyong recognition. I hope the student medical dwarves are able to restore this skill artisians greatest tools.

'Calisto ' Craftsbolts the Skinny Canyons - Alive, another one in the hospital pile. Interesting how he got injured a zombie dwarf killed him and he got revive and proceded to kill this zombie dwarf 24 times. Right hand broken, left lung broken, lower spine mangled beyond recognition, left hand mangled beyond recognition, right true ribs, mangled beyond recognition

Honestly we are certainly a hearty bunch of dwarves as some of these injuries.

Im gonna make small round up posts for every dwarfed dwarf at the end of year posts. Also feel free to ask for any information about your dwarf or anything you want them to do.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 02:21:48 pm by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2022, 02:43:02 pm »

dwarf me - I tend to live a long time once in digital form

any screens of the layout as of now?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 12:07:52 am by Salmeuk »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2022, 02:54:43 pm »

Welcome 'Salmeuk' Wanedwork the Treaties of Abating. Anything you want them to work towards or do?

As for layout, its simular but i guess bed bedrooms as appose to doored tombs. The reason is a numerous but beserk dwarves dont count as population, causes insane stress in the friends of the entombed and necromancers are nuts. Im thinking my pc could handle 10,000 dwarves but if the fps is good is a different story. Thinking of work arounds,maybe a room design that allows dwarves to not get stressed. Maybe massive dorms, shared tombs. Had a really bad idea of a pit that all the dwarves get pushed into. But all i though was it would result in crazed pit dwarves and lead to worse stress than the tombs. Open to any suggestions. As for the currently layout. Will post soon.

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2022, 09:06:20 pm »

'brewer bob' Focusdagger the Rhythmic Embrace - Alive, kinda. He lasted a bit more, Early autumn where he was struck down by the reanimated giant Gigin Greaterpride the Righteous who he had killed 3 times before falling himself, he was brought back and few times and is currently alive but he is headless.

Hah, who needs a head anyway! It just gets in the way.

...Also, that's one bad-ass baby you got in your fort.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2022, 03:34:07 am »

'strik3r' Coverpage the Socketed Lenses of Flashing - Dead. He was casualty in 1057 midsummer during the massive riot. He was responsible for putting down many of the dangerous undead including the animated giant. However another dwarf necromancer killed him in cold blood during the riot

Damn. But at least i got some (apparently) pretty major kills before i was tragically and unceremoniously put down. Oh well. But, just how dead am i? Any chance of revival as intelligent undead, or am i strewn about in a few dozen pieces?

If that's the case, i'd like to ask to reincarnate at some point.

As for accommodating all those dwarves, whatever the solution will be, it'll still make sense to include the least amount of pathing possible.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2022, 03:42:20 am »

'King Zultan' Willgravel - Dead/Put to rest. He was a good military dwarf but sadly had some nerves after become a necromancer and would often revive dead. He fought against an army of corpses with the rest of his squad led by commander Maloy. He was stabbed with an iron short sword by a zombie, brought back and revived many times during midsummer 1057, he scared Bim Equallances the Afficted Magicians of Ink to death whilst a muderous ghost. Late summer he was put to rest.
Well dang died then came back to kill someone, I'll take another dwarf when you have one to spare and time to redwarf.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2022, 06:54:30 am »

Sure will happily re-dwarf and put a 2nd by their names for my clarity. Looking forward to finishing this year as it means this mess of a fort has somehow survived 10 years. Also are weregoat prisoner is somehow more sane than some of the other dwarves in the fort.

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Cellbound the Prison of Death- A fort of many challenges. Population: 181
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2022, 06:13:40 pm »

10 years of this fort done, updated the year post, finally got out of the hospital pile and back on my feet. Also as requested put some photos of key areas of the fort.
1059 Report

We were just trying to recover and ofcourse we get attack by that one eyed fiend.

Osmoz Agedknights the Influence of Brilliance. The beast was a monster know for his combat prowess. He wielded many artifact tropheys. We had heard reports of him heading to towards out site. Many artifacts strapped to his back, weapons, figures, animal traps and even an earring. (5 Crossbows, one short sword, one long sword, spear, dagger, warhammer, earring, ring, mail shirt and an animal trap)

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)
The beast has slain hundreds of people in its violence. I quickly rebuilt a squad of amatuers and sent them out but, little did i realise, we had a real legend. Three of the squad engaged the beast along with a dwarven baby. This baby is a dwarven legend, it has been fighting the fortresses undead without orders or a left foot. He is Dishmab Speakbridges the Clarity of Turfts

Amongst its kills are 85 of them on the most troublesome Troglodyte that seems to keep being revived, along with the other undead pains, knock it off.

Gonna personally bring this baby down to the hospital and get its wounds fixed up. If he can slay the great cyclops at twenty eight months, i wonder what he could do in his prime. Many even slay the last great primordial and usher us into too a golden age. Could he be the chosen one?

Sorry to ramble, not sure what to write or how much, Avolition normally did these reports but since he is still asleep on the hospital pile, i guess il do it.

Good news, we are finally understanding how to be doctors and surgeons. We even started a guild and the hospital pile is reducing. Some people are even back up and walking around. Avolition is still out of action. We had some beasts in the cave but the corpses are far more deadly than any beast. We are gonna mine more of the 2nd cavern out to make more corpse and refuse space as we have too much.
Report ongoing.

We got an artifact bucket, perfect to fetch more water to clean out wounds plus the red really hides the blood.

I am awake, found some medical dwarf writting in my notes, needless to say im back. A few platinum gold alloy teeth and a wooden toe to replace what i have lost. The rest of my limbs are a patchwork of thread sewn into my limbs. My god, this is incredible. This dwarven child is the stuff of legends, get his kid a crutch. I need some time to recover. I pray to Ad my god as i meditate on Thunder and Lightning. Dwarf report of noises coming from below the deep forgotten beasts.

What fools, the Crundles will deal with it, the only thing those nightmare creatures are worth, i tell him to check out crundle hell if he is that scared.

This deathtrap made it to ten years, i am speechless, the place is getting cleaner but needs less corpses ordering cavern level 2 expansion as its full.

Surface

Workshop

Living Area

Library

Corpse Level 1

Corpse Level 2

Crundle hell

My plan for the next ten years are to continue improvements in the fort, clean the place up and attract migrants again. Not even our own dwarven caravan visits us, this will not do. Additionally getting the dwarfs to form a proper squad with training is needed.

Many we rise and fall together
Head Scholar Avolition

Drunken scholar

☼Obsidian Short Sword☼

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA: Obsidian Sword
    • View Profile
Re: Cellbound the Prison of Death- A fort of many challenges. Population: 181
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2022, 08:07:46 pm »

Corpse Level 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Corpse Level 2
Crundle hell

Plenty of merchandise for the elves XD
Still an active reader of the forums.

The 10,000 Dwarf Challenge

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2022, 12:10:14 am »

Osmoz Agedknights the Influence of Brilliance. The beast was a monster know for his combat prowess. He wielded many artifact tropheys. We had heard reports of him heading to towards out site. Many artifacts strapped to his back, weapons, figures, animal traps and even an earring.

I really enjoy the current generation of megabeasts. they bring entire histories of objects with them, like a very angry, buff and one-eyed version of your hoarder aunt.

just throw me in the military . .  feel like a dice roll.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 12:11:50 am by Salmeuk »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2022, 07:51:29 pm »

1060 Report

10 Years, we have been here ten years and its getting worse and worse all the time. I have to do something, more people are becoming insane, the fort crawls with creatures that we just barely recognise as something once living. Most the dwarves are slowly becoming insane. Its an unending evil cycle. Curse the leadership of the past. We just wanted a grandest dwarven halls and yet we are a population of under one hundred "dwarves". Are we really dwarves, some of us don't even resemble anything remotly dwarven. A cut off dwarven hand scraps itself across the floor aimlessly. I didn't know what to do.

Is this even a crundle anymore?

We did have some artifacts

With the second artifact, it is again this odd fixation on this one historical event, i don't understand it. Further research is required.

A fortgotton beast arrived in crundle hell, the thing stood no chance.

My answer to the problem was the tower, the tower is what made us into this so we might aswell give it something back. I have decided to take control of boyishclutched, send majourity of the population and barricade the tower behind them. Most necromancers seem unable to leave the towers, the odd construction and questionable layout suggest that they seem to lose themselves within the structure.

Hence they will stay for hundreds of years writting and just aimlessly doing nothing. My hope is by removing the unhappy and unproductive and keeping a healthy skeleton crew that i might be able to make this place, safe for mortal dwarves. I know its not gonna be easy but with commander Obisdian and the rest of his squad my hope is they can clear the remaining beasts to a safer level. Im hoping the days of making dwarf bone gems will soon be behind us and this dark history will be lost to time. I guess time will tell, plus i seemingly have an abundance of it.

Obsidian was missing but we soon learned that whilst the citizens were leaving, the undead began to rise up. He was fighting them back without orders, he is currently missing although reports suggest he is deceased. Atleast he did this fort a good service. He will be remembered well.

Spoiler: Obsidan's fate (click to show/hide)
We are now 16 dwarves, 10 of us are adults but 9 functional. We still have a prisoner Morul.

He is the mad werebeast locked away for years. I have learned that he is likely immortal due to the curse. Perhaps sending the weregoat free to fight off the beasts of the cavern? Although what if he becomes a zombie werebeast. I will leave it up to you dwarves to decide his fate

Many we rise and fall together
Head Scholar Avolition

(OOC - Time freed up, plus i had thought my next move out)

Current state of "living"dwarfed dwarfs

Salmeuk, an axe dwarf in the military. Keeping undead beasts at bay, seems he has lost a his left hand. No surprise with his 137 notable kiss
Spoiler: bio (click to show/hide)

Strike3r the 2nd, currently she is training in stone crafting so she can make her masterwork

Callisto, Fortress Engraver, with a broken hand. Needs tending

King Zultan The 2nd, a stressed hunter who keeps making undead crows

Laterigrade, A battered military dwarf, who has decided wrestling is the answer with the wounds to show for it

Drunken scholar

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2022, 09:33:43 pm »

Use one of the artifacts as bait for a repeating spike. Kill the beasts that way. And take hunting labor off King Zultan if he's being a problem.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2022, 04:41:41 am »

But the undead crows are my only friends!

Also I say go for it and set the werebeast free to fight.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2022, 06:22:16 am »

What started off as seemingly on paper, a relatively simple objective has quickly turned into utter disaster. As all the best dwarven fortresses are. Nobody lives here in Cellbound anymore, all the inhabitants are merely varying degrees of dead and/or mad. The mountain halls and any potential migrants must surely already long consider this place a deathtrap, and rightfully so. But perhaps with these new measures, by curtailing the madness of the maddest of the dwarves, some semblance of sanity might yet be restored. And this place, perhaps yet salvaged. Perhaps even enough so to attract a few migrants, even if only so that i might get a new a new vessel to possess. A fresher one, one that is not decrepit even before it became undead...

Of course for that to be possible, the current one must be relinquished to... permanent... (decommission/inoperability/non-functionality?). But that is easily enough achieved once a new, and suitable host is found.

There are currently murmurs of releasing the maddened goat-beast-man from his imprisonment, from where he has been rightfully kept since the time i was (shackled/non-motile/grounded?). Before i became a (legacy/lineage/curse?). They want to release him into the caverns, so that he may fight off the forgotten beasts there, in hopes of cleansing the caverns. But such a thing can only bring disastrous consequences for Cellbound, in some way which nobody will be able to foresee.

-Strik3r the 2nd 'The Crone'

(OOC) I noticed that among the named dwarves, i am dorfed as the oldest one :P. And a very old one at that. Probably pretty much on the tail end of natural dwarven lifespan. Although i don't exactly remember how long dwarves can naturally live for.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2022, 07:19:26 am »

Hmmm I hate to waste a good werebeast when he can just be an eternal prisoner until the end of days
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6