Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 17375 times)

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Bonus Room 1, Turn 15
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2022, 05:33:17 pm »

WELP

Introduce ourselves, ask about our new guest.
+1
Apparently this is a "treasure" room. In quotes because it's looking like every last thing is cursed...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2022, 05:38:56 pm »

I suspect items just have a high curse rate in general. The mace was from the goblin (which we knew sells cursed stuff often), the tools and stick work fine, and the crown is the only other thing we've tried.

That said, we still have no idea what's going on. For all we know breaking the crystals cursed everything inside them, or this is indeed a cursevault rather than a loot pinata.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2022, 06:20:25 pm »

From now on, we probably shouldn't equip items that haven't been identified.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2022, 06:37:26 pm »

Unfortunately a mite late for that. Also we only have one identify scroll right? And we're not even sure it identifies, for that matter.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2022, 06:44:21 pm »

We could hold out for a satyr to identify our items for 1 gold each, now that we have more dubloons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2022, 07:29:24 pm »

Unfortunately a mite late for that. Also we only have one identify scroll right? And we're not even sure it identifies, for that matter.
The fact that our identify scroll is unidentified greatly amuses me.

We could hold out for a satyr to identify our items for 1 gold each, now that we have more dubloons.
Even with this, it's likely we'll end up being unable to identify everything we find. Might need to commit to trying out or selling a lot of mystery items.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Counterfactual

• Bay Watcher
  • But what if...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2022, 12:28:41 am »

I wonder if it'd be possible to pseudo-id items by seeing how much merchants offer for them, Nethack-style. Also hoping it's possible to convince the crown to transfer hosts; maybe we could offer to let it possess the Wyrmling in the miniboss room if we could subdue it somehow.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2022, 01:00:31 am »

Also hoping it's possible to convince the crown to transfer hosts
This is basically my plan, but also use it to snatch a useful body to recruit as a new team member. "Is that even possible" is one of several different obstacles to that dream.

maybe we could offer to let it possess the Wyrmling in the miniboss room if we could subdue it somehow.
Ooh, good point. If it's able to possess mini-bosses, it might very well want to.

...of course, then we'd have to tussle with a mini-boss without getting mini-boss loot.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2022, 01:16:54 am »

WELP

Introduce ourselves, ask about our new guest.

Umm... You know I can hear you right?

"You can? Fu... I mean... erm... TREMBLE MORTAL! I AM THE CROWN OF THY DOOM!"

That's cap. You just said you can't even fully possess me. What do you want?

"FOOLISH MORTAL, YOUR MIND AND BODY ARE BUT TOOLS FOR ME TO COMMAND!"

Come on, dude. You just heavily implied you didn't value my human body. Just tell me who you are and what's up.

"I AM MALCANTHET! QUEEN OF THE SUCCUBI! Or I was... or I'm part of her. Or something. Not quite sure. I think the Archdevil who shoved me in the crown might have chopped her soul into a bunch of tiny pieces and put them into a bunch of different pieces of cursed finery. I have a bunch of her memories, anyway, even if I don't feel my personality quite matches them. But you don't need to worry about that. Look, All you need to know is that I'm borrowing your skills, and eventually your collection of raw materials, to build myself an empty vessel that I can control completely and without struggle. AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME MORTAL!"

So I just need to find you some tools and materials to craft with, and you'll be on your way?

"...Umm. Maybe? I think I have to, like, marinate myself in your skills for a bit before I can come up with a design. And I'll need to tag along on your silly human adventures to get the memories I need. Honestly, I have no clue how long that will take, and until then YOU ARE STUCK WITH ME MORTAL! BUHAHAHAHAHA!"

Wonderful.

How do you proceed?

Asset by DALL-E. Character Sheet.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Bonus Room 1, Turn 16
« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2022, 02:25:32 am »

Guess we have a new friend, lets find out what the crown wants us to call it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2022, 11:53:58 am »

Guess we have a new friend, lets find out what the crown wants us to call it.
Naming our minions is our job. :3

Leverage our power as a Salesman to start negotiating over our goods and services. Start with how much better the parts might be if we're actively seeking out and saving up high quality requests, then segue into the skill rental and general service fees necessary to make this happen.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 01, 2022, 03:54:24 pm »

Leverage our power as a Salesman to start negotiating over our goods and services. Start with how much better the parts might be if we're actively seeking out and saving up high quality requests, then segue into the skill rental and general service fees necessary to make this happen.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2022, 12:58:48 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2022, 02:01:01 am »

+1
+1
+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2022, 04:54:08 pm »

This could go better for you if we work together. What if I were to help you track down the high quality components you need?

"An interesting proposition... But I think my focus is speed over quality here mortal. I doubt anything I can make with a human child's skills will be up to my standards longterm. I think I'm better off getting whatever body I can for myself, and then working on obtaining a form worthy of a Archfiend."

I mean... my cooperation would probably make it go faster too.

"It would. But I can tell you are looking to bargain here. Honestly, since I don't have my design yet, I don't know what help I might need going foward, so I'm not in a good position to negotiate. So for now, I'm afraid you have no choice but to COWER IN MY PRESENCE for the time being, mortal."

How do you proceed?

Assets by DALL-E. Character Sheet.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31