Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31

Author Topic: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Cockroach Graveyard, Turn 23  (Read 17404 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 3, Turn 2
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2022, 02:37:19 am »

Invest another Heartfelt into Shop Class, then head to Floor 2 - Combat Tutorial.

You reach for the keyboard to work on your Project Summary for shop class, and suddenly your mind passes into a rhythmic trance. BANG! BANG! BANG! Go the hammers in your soul. Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! scream the nails! But deep down you know that they know that their sacrifice is worth while, as the project's foundation takes shape deep within your heart! You can see the colors of the Rhythm now! BANG! BANG! BANG! You are in your element, and all is right in the world...

-Heartfelt Memory

You come back to reality acutely aware that two hours, twenty nine minutes, fourteen seconds, and 58 milliseconds have passed since you started the assignment. You feel elated. You note the text displayed on the screen has changed again.

Code: [Select]
Welcome to the Scholarship Station! To check your memories, please view your character sheet at: http://kotodes.wikidot.com/level-up-club-party

Course: Shop
Current Grade: C
Investment: 0/1, Accepts All Memories. FURTHER INVESTMENT NOT AVAIBLE
Special: You can invest two "Source of Wood" Raw materials in place of a memory. Reaching the grades of B and A+ will rank up your Artificer Class

Course: Literature
Current Grade: D+
Investment: 0/1, Accepts (H)eartfelt and (C)reative memories. FURTHER INVESTMENT NOT AVAIBLE.
Special: Reaching the grades of B and A+ will rank up your Epic Bard Class

Course: Communications
Current Grade: D
Investment: 0/1, Accepts Co(L)laborative and (T)riumphant memories
Special: Reaching the grades of B and A+ will rank up your Salesman Class

Course: Life Sciences
Current Grade: D-
Investment: 0/1, Accepts Co(L)laborative and (F)rustrating memories
Special: Increasing your grade grants a Scroll of Dissection, which allows you to harvest extra resources from a fallen enemy

Course: Algebra 1
Investment: 0/1, Accepts (B)urning and (F)rustrating memories
Special: Increasing your grade grants a Scroll of addition, which allows you to increase your next d20 roll by +3

Course: Physical Education
Investment: 0/1, Accepts (B)urning and (T)riumphant memories
Special: Increasing your grade increases your max HP by 1d2

Taking stock of the situation, you decide that you are done with school for the time being and return to the control room where you briefly contemplate the elevator controls before selecting floor 2. The door seals behind you. The chamber shakes and groans briefly, and the door opens once again. You note a predictable change to the control panel before you set off down yet another new hallway.

Floor 1 -----> Basic Dungeon Tutorial
Floor 2 -----> Combat Tutorial
Floor 3 -----> Scholarship Tutorial
Floor 4 -----> Introduction to Friendly NPC Archtypes
Floor 5 -----> Introduction to Common Mini-Boss Archtypes
Floor 6 -----> Lock and Key Tutorial, Exit

The second floor hallway leads to a narrow set of spiral stairs, with a door at the top. Passing through the door, you exit a shed. You are now outside, in some sort of industrial zone... or at least you think so. The sky here is an odd shade of purple, and dotted with blinking dark blue lights.

To your northwest, penned up behind a strange blue-gray fence, are two smallish devil-looking creatures with infantile faces. They each carry a pitchfork and wear only a cloth diaper. Just east of the fence and pen is a red button.

As you take stock of the situation, the PA system sputters to life once again.

"I don't think the combat tutorial should require much explanation. I handpicked these ones to be an easy first fight. Take all the time you need to prepare, perhaps give the tools on your character sheet one final looking over, and press the red button when you are ready to kick some ass. Mmmmmkay?"

How do you proceed?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 2, Turn 0
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2022, 02:56:02 am »

Try using the Theology of Milton on one of the enemies without engaging.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2022, 03:31:42 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2022, 01:21:19 pm »

You approach the fence for a closer look at the creatures. They begin to hiss and bawl at the sight of you. A few brief seconds pass, and suddenly you gain a clear understanding of these 'imphants' and their abilities.

Comparing these things to my character sheet, I should have a pretty solid advantage. Even if I make mistakes or get unlucky, I move quicker than them, so as long as I can tank their very limited supply of ranged attacks I should be able to flee back to the control room and seal the doors via the elevator panel if I have to.

How do you proceed?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 2, Turn 1
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2022, 12:38:34 am »

Press the red button and then attack an imphant with the machete.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2022, 01:31:55 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2022, 12:17:10 pm »

You walk to the east and push the red button. The fence seperating you from the Imphants instantly and unceremoniously dematerializes.

Quote from: Imphantile Behavior Rolls

Both enemies clumsily toddle forward. Perhaps they possess a human baby's lack of object permanence, as neither seems to look for you.

Taking advantage of the situation, you charge in to chop at the closer of the two with your Machete...

Quote from: Machete Attack Roll
15 + 2 = 17 to hit
5 Damage

And easily cleave the creature in two! Foul black ichor sprays everywhere!

Quote from: Impfant's Turn
Impfantile Behavior: 2
Ray of Hatred to Hit: 5 + 5 = 10

The remaining Impfant points a finger at you, and fires a thin red beam in your direction. You instinctively spin around to block the attack with your backpack, before completing your rotation to once again face your enemy.

Sweet! One baddie down, and the other has blown its single dangerous ranged attack! This is going well.

Battle still rages! How do you proceed?

Assets by Dall-E. Character Sheet. Bestiary.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 2, Turns 2-3
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2022, 12:47:51 pm »

Charge it with our machete
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 2, Turns 2-3
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2022, 05:26:17 pm »

Charge it with our machete

You hop over the remains of the fallen Impfant to attack its comrade with your machete!

Quote from: Machete Attack Roll
19 + 2 = 21 to hit
5 Damage

And once more you chop your target in half with a single swing!

Encounter Clear!
+1 Triumphant Memory!

The PA system crackles to life once again.

"Bravo Randy Boy! That challenge was meant to be easy, but the fact that you cleared it without a scratch on you or a spell consumed is actually quite impressive! You are going to do just fine here in the Level Up Club. Enjoy basking in the glow of your victory, and move on when you are ready."

How do you proceed?

Assets by Dall-E. Character Sheet. Bestiary.

Spoiler: "AI Outake" (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (AIsg) The Level Up Club: Tutorial Dungeon, Room 2, Turn 4
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2022, 06:52:21 pm »

Try harvesting the corpses for materials.

Our only real options are the mini-boss room and going back to the stasis chamber to release an NPC. I guess this depends on what we want to do there and what we think we'll get out of the miniboss.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2022, 07:52:57 pm »

+1

Another option would be to return to the scholarship floor to invest the Triumphant Memory.  I'd rather battle the mini-boss next, which hopefully would give us another memory and maybe more materials, and then unlock a stasis cage.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2022, 09:46:03 pm »

The idea of hacking the corpses apart for materials enters your head. At that exact moment, almost on cue, the two bisected imphants and all their belongings begin to dissolve. After a few seconds, all that remains are a few small piles of strange yellow powder.

Just looking at the stuff gives you a foreboding feeling, which leads you to assume it must have magical properties. Luckily you have some glass containers for science class in your backpack, so you are able to scoop up and store the stuff for later.

+2 Units of Hecksulphur

How do you proceed?

Image by Midjourney this time. Character Sheet.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2022, 12:58:35 am »

Lets go kick that mini-bosses ass!

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2022, 01:49:26 am »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31