Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread  (Read 10960 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 1 Design Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2022, 04:18:46 am »

I have two equally good options in mind so I'll let Tric pick first.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2022, 08:25:31 am »

Sickness is mostly burnt out of me.. Still tired though.

Wooly x6
Sheep/Windy Plains x6
Shining Dawn x4
Gateless Gate x4
Storm Cell x6
Mystery Ghost x6
Big Friendly Ghost x4
Broomstick Witch x2
Naglfar x1
Meteor Shower x1

I'll be guarding the Windy Plains Zone.
Also we got no star gen. shrugs.

Spoiler: Decklist Shuffle (click to show/hide)

Fear the Sheep!

Question to Supernerd, does the ruling of cards in the discard pile keeping their modified stats still hold? Or do they return to base?

Also I like Wooly. Age-old classic effect that proves very useful.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 12:56:15 pm by TricMagic »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2022, 04:14:09 pm »

Alright, I'll take the tombs zone.

5x Beetle Brood, 5x Naglfar, 5x Gateless, 5x Mystery, 5x Meteor, 5x Wooly, 5x BFG, 5x Shining.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2022, 04:14:58 pm »

... Do you have the star gen to pay for that max? If you go first you're never getting the stars for it.

And yeah super. Otherwise Mystery Ghost would become busted very quickly.

Uh, how does that interact with storm cell though//guess it would be return to hand that wouldn't alter it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 04:17:04 pm by TricMagic »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2022, 04:27:37 pm »

Yeah, we really need some star gen cards next round.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2022, 10:13:37 pm »

Yeah. I think we should rip off the other Team's star gen card in some way. Also have some ideas! (I have images for almost all of these I just have yet to post them)
Reliable Right Hand

Deals 1 damage and returns to your hand, may or may not always start in your hand if possible.
"Ol' reliable"
Basically Reliable Right Hand is designed to be a one per deck card we can include in most of our decks, it effectively lowers your hand size in exchange for the ability to blam low health enemy cards at any time, reliably. A standoff weapon for clearing the board.

Rocket assault Battleship/Excalibur class long range assault airship

A, possibly a bit pricy flying airship with fucktons of missiles. Deals damage to either an enemy card or player at the start of each turn. Designed to combo with our other Bote because it can deal damage to the enemy, either directly or picking off their cards, without attacking. The idea is that this thing is Artillery, pecking away at enemy cards and players over time.
"See that target? No? Well the sensors can and I don't want them to"

Tanky Ship/Riser class air battleship

Another Airship, this one equipped with heavy armor and a big gun. The armor reduces all incoming damage to the card by 1, rendering it invulnerable to enemy low cost, low damage cards.
"The skies are full of dangers, good thing I packed extra armor"

Blazing Sun/Brilliant Light
This card causes all cards that die in the turn it is played to be exiled instead of going to discard or anywhere else. In other words, it prevents enemy resurrection fuckery.
"A permanent end is the least we can do"

Unstable Stellar Reaction Core
Generates 1 star each turn. And has 1 Heart. When destroyed deals 1 damage to all cards on field and provides a final burst of 1 additional star.
"Turns out dramatically increasing the power output of a fusion reactor with magic creates a reaction best described as "Pissed off it exists" useful stuff."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 12:20:15 am by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2022, 10:54:47 pm »

So should I post my (shuffled) decklist and hand here then? Or PM it to Supernerd? Or? Basically what's the desired way for us to handle this?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2022, 10:56:32 pm »

As long as you don't lose track of it, don't worry about it. I'm inclined to trust that players will not cheat. (But let me know if you suspect someone).
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2022, 11:06:39 pm »

For convenience I'm posting my deck order here for easy consultation then.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In regards to rules 1 and 2, IE 'you start the game with five cards' and 'you draw one card a turn', do I start the game with five cards and then immediately draw a sixth card at the start of my first turn for a defacto six card starting hand at the game start?

If so I start with 1 Storm Cell, 3 Mystery Ghosts, 1 Broomstick Witch, and 1 Wooly. If not, I don't start with the Wooly.

Honestly, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: we have had no coordination whatsoever. Our cards are totally incoherent. I tried, but I didn't get any interest.
To be entirely fair my power was out literally the entire weekend. I'd quite certainly be interested in doing at least a bit of discussion before the next round, at least in terms of design goals and card capabilities.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 11:14:42 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2022, 11:14:42 pm »

I would like to note that we seem to have a lot of good Stall (Naglfar) and shutdown cards (Big friendly ghost, Supercell, the falling star thing, Shining Dawn). We can definitely inhibit and disrupt the enemy and I think we should focus on this in conjunction with a Death by a thousand cuts strategy. A focus on controlling the state of the board and manipulating it with cards that can strategically remove problems and inhibit enemy cards.
A card that can hurt cards and players without needing to attack is a good start for that. Though admittedly a bit cheap with Naglfar since the enemy hasn't displayed any way they could feasibly take out Naglfar without attacking it. While the resulting "I win" interaction where the enemy can't hurt us but we can hurt them would only work once until they make counters to one or both components of the combo, it'd be a good chance to seize control of several areas.
My Power armor arms race

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2022, 11:16:32 pm »

Broomstick Witch also lets us needle them to death as long as they don't pull out a flying defender. They can just attack her directly though I guess.
Forenia Forever!

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2022, 11:17:20 pm »

Yes, however. Using Broomstick Witch like that turns off Naglfar's defensive effect.
My Power armor arms race

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2022, 11:27:33 pm »

Also whoops on Big Friendly Ghost. I appear to have misunderstood the rules and thought you could always play cards face down, when you can't always play cards face down. Bleh. I really wish I hadn't had that power outage. Live and learn I guess?

Edit:
Reposting this question to my latest post to keep it from being lost.

In regards to rules 1 and 2, IE 'you start the game with five cards' and 'you draw one card a turn', do I start the game with five cards and then immediately draw a sixth card at the start of my first turn for a defacto six card starting hand at the game start?

If so I start with 1 Storm Cell, 3 Mystery Ghosts, 1 Broomstick Witch, and 1 Wooly. If not, I don't start with the Wooly.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 12:38:09 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2022, 07:36:16 am »

Of note, Storm Cell doesn't deal damage, so should bypass pacifist. However it's max HP, so you'd need 3 some way.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2022, 12:19:29 pm »

More card ideas
Crushing Nightfall

Flip all cards in play face down.
"Star goes up, Sun goes out. Everyone better hide because the resulting shockwave splits the sea and cracks the earth."

Firebase

2-3 star cost terrain. High health. Has attack power. Can spend stars to deal it's attack power to target player or card. Alternate versions include a version that can attack but doesn't take retaliation damage, and one which does flat damage to one target each turn.
"God is on the side of the ones with Artillery."

Unstable stellar reaction

Generates 1 star each turn. And has 1 Heart. When destroyed deals 1 damage to all cards on field and provides a final burst of 1 additional star.
"Turns out dramatically increasing the power output of a fusion reactor with magic creates a reaction best described as "Pissed off that it exists" useful stuff."

Assault Cannon

Equipment card? Doesn't have health but stays on field? Big gun that does a lot of damage I'll be honest I just really liked how this turned out. I could also change the name and the focus of it, reflavor it as a weak spotter card that can substitute its attack power for that of another card.

Reckless Soldier

When you draw this card it immediately gets played (This ideally shouldn't count as the 1 card you can play each turn). Weak no star cost card. Might be required to attack each turn.
"On the battlefield, Speed is life, but being hasty is death"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 12:25:41 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23