Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Raider's Tale  (Read 1116 times)

Zephyre_Syx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
A Raider's Tale
« on: September 11, 2006, 06:16:00 pm »

Oy.  Tis will be my last raid for months now as I assend the third structure in the hidden ruin that we discovered while our walk through the woods.  I have with me my 3th party, a axegirl would have said to have adventured before, an elf archer, and a mace man.  Oh I wish they're not my other 2 groups.  They were wiped out, with me surviving at the end of each trip.  I wish I'd knew more then what I'm getting into.

Back in the begin, I was reading some legends in one of the bars.  I ignored the drunk couple who decided to make out on the floor 'I hate this town'.  Upon study, I found that most deaths are in caves and fortresses, and successes in tombs.  So then, I decided to become a tomb raider.  I toke up my sword, what little I had, and some idiots to journey with me.  No, I'm not being cold, but there's plenty of ways their demise could have been avoided.

On my first journey was of course is a ruin that happened to sit beside my town.  I only heard of one death there dew to their clumsy comrades dashing ahead into danger leaving the leader to be overwhelmed by a elite skeleton.  The hammerwoman I had with me was a good find.  She'd had no trouble dealing with the incoming assault by the undead.  The archer I had to lose.  Dew her tactics of being behind for protection was wise, getting lost wasn't.  She gave up the ghost when she was missing a chunk in her chest.  The hammerlady died later.  I forgot how but it was another raid.

I then constructed another party.  Haphazardly because I've plan for the next raid before night (not because it's scary, it's so my comrades won't get lost).  An elf archer, elf spearman, and a maceman.  Damned luck that it got dark early and we came across some howling in the woods.  "stick close." I remember saying.  But as I turned around, the damned fools dash off like those hungry wolfs.  Losing the archer was inevitable.  Luckly, I've came to another town and gotten me another archer.

Our next raid was almost successful, but the same problem aroused.  I was chasing my overly zealous fighters around the plains, and inside the ruins.  Thank the gods that the undead was easy to dispatch.  We lost the spearman due to a fatal one hit attack from the beakdog in the wild.  I avenged her by cutting out the dog's eyes, and cutting all it's limbs and leaving it out to suffer.
(aside -  I'm a druid by nature.  I never like killing natural animal if it could be avoided.  Besides, that was nasty, but my reflex is beyond deathly.  Cut her like lightsaber through butter).

I soon lost the archer again when she lost all of her arrows, figures.  But it boggle me to find my last comrade changing into a wrestler after losing her weapon.  That job didn't last to long of course.

Which comes to now, yet another over zealous group to chase after.  After this I have one more structure to assent and have yet to find the named leader.  Gods help me through this...

Zephyre_Syx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: A Raider's Tale
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 10:33:00 am »

And so, Accok seddled at a town where he dumbed his riches in a seprate sack and rested... somewhere, I don't know.  Till one day, that he'll deside to journey of into another ruin.  Hopefully he'll be able to give order to his comrades someday(or update =1).  My writing is crap I know, no comment.

I learn that ruin are good for getting rich early in the adventure, and leveling skills.  Ended with uh...enough to drop my character's speed over half, and all was near masterpiece jewels(I left the idols).  I've lost a ton of  archer's too, after they lose their usefulness.  I have yet to experiment on creating a char, overload her with ammo's, and carry her in a aventure...

Sestze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 01:14:00 am »

... "Venturing down the stairs, a goblin turned around and lazily fired a nuclear-tipped crossbow bolt that managed to go through my stomach and out through my ear, causing me to vomit and then explode in a shower of gore. Harsh, guy!"

That's what happened when I tried to raid somewhere, at least. I had a decent skillset and a lot of followers, and come down the stairs BAM right in the face.

[ September 14, 2006: Message edited by: Sestze ]

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 02:52:00 am »

Use stealth!  And make sure to get all the gold you can or else the timer will run out.

Gedsaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 08:17:00 pm »

Indeed, you must become a Ninja Dwarf/Human/Elf/WhatEveyYouMayHaveModdedInYourSelf!
 :p

[ September 15, 2006: Message edited by: Gedsaro ]