Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread  (Read 16513 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread
« Reply #450 on: October 07, 2022, 02:21:10 pm »

Supernerd, it probably won't come up this battle, but does the Abyssal Ram's ability also trigger on the enemy's turn? Wording suggests so.

I'm going to say that if your opponent chooses to banish cards while that thing is in play, then yes. You get the Star.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 07, 2022, 03:42:33 pm »

Okay, so I just drew Destructive Analysis.

I am very, very heavily considering dumping my whole hand, including revealing GCW to the enemy team early, in order to draw The Red Mist this turn. I just really don't like the idea of winning with GCW, even in my own opinion that card is horribly OP.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 07, 2022, 04:04:42 pm »

Okay, so I just drew Destructive Analysis.

I am very, very heavily considering dumping my whole hand, including revealing GCW to the enemy team early, in order to draw The Red Mist this turn. I just really don't like the idea of winning with GCW, even in my own opinion that card is horribly OP.

Then why did you put it in your deck >_>
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 07, 2022, 04:24:47 pm »

I figured I'd wind up using it to grab like, a Firebase or something, and use it to make a wall the enemy would have to work to break through. Not that it'd wind up being my only real option when the enemies Ace card shows up and flat out end the game in nearly one turn. I literally tossed it into my deck last minute in the middle of the night because my half-awake brain figured someone would complain if I made a "big creatures" deck and didn't bring it.

Edit: I just realized, because of my region, I can play Red Mist this very turn if I do go with that...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 04:54:58 pm by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 07, 2022, 05:16:03 pm »

I figured I'd wind up using it to grab like, a Firebase or something, and use it to make a wall the enemy would have to work to break through. Not that it'd wind up being my only real option when the enemies Ace card shows up and flat out end the game in nearly one turn. I literally tossed it into my deck last minute in the middle of the night because my half-awake brain figured someone would complain if I made a "big creatures" deck and didn't bring it.

Edit: I just realized, because of my region, I can play Red Mist this very turn if I do go with that...

RIP Tric is going to cry.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 08, 2022, 04:52:01 pm »

So... I have a Fog of War in hand. But do you want me to let the Footsoldier die anyway, for Mountain fodder?
Long Live United Forenia!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 08, 2022, 04:53:25 pm »

Yes, save it for next turn. I'll mountain then you can get a direct hit in with the fog.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 08, 2022, 05:00:37 pm »

I build this deck around banishing and despite all the cards I have drawn, I still have no banishing. Luckily, I have a great hand for Cyberpunk Waifu drawpocalypse.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 08, 2022, 06:59:06 pm »

I can nuke the ghost to avoid having it send MoB back to my hand, or I can take the risk and play it now. I don't know your cards atm, what way works better for you?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 08, 2022, 07:50:54 pm »

I wouldn't risk it. Remember that Fallacy could've cycled BFG for free if he wanted to, so the fact that he played it probably means he has a means of flipping it down in hand.
My hand should be visible on my spreadsheet. I have a Refinery which will be my next move unless I draw something better, 2 Cyberpunks, a Fog, and a Destructive Analysis. I could also play a Cyberpunk, to draw out the BFG effect.
If you draw a small critter that can gum up the ground and kill the BFG, I'd probably keep the UB in hand,  but if you really want to clear the way for Mountain, I guess go ahead?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 08, 2022, 08:04:31 pm »

I wouldn't risk it. Remember that Fallacy could've cycled BFG for free if he wanted to, so the fact that he played it probably means he has a means of flipping it down in hand.
My hand should be visible on my spreadsheet. I have a Refinery which will be my next move unless I draw something better, 2 Cyberpunks, a Fog, and a Destructive Analysis. I could also play a Cyberpunk, to draw out the BFG effect.
If you draw a small critter that can gum up the ground and kill the BFG, I'd probably keep the UB in hand,  but if you really want to clear the way for Mountain, I guess go ahead?

I drew another Analysis. Your spreadsheet looks like it is from a different game so it doesn't really help me at all. Spending a bombardment is better than wasting either Cyberpunk or MoB so I'll just go for the nuke.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 08, 2022, 08:09:24 pm »

I drew another Analysis. Your spreadsheet looks like it is from a different game so it doesn't really help me at all.
Ah, are you looking at the wrong tab? I'm using the Turn 4 Deck tab. I suppose there isn't much value in keeping old deck states around, now that I think about it. I'll just delete the other tabs.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 09, 2022, 07:56:44 pm »

Spoiler: Turn 8? hand (click to show/hide)

I don’t know lol my entire strategy revolves around spamming Unintentional Bombardment to destroy the board, gaining Stars in the process, and then just creating high-star minions and trying to finish them off with that.

Spoiler: Turn 15? hand (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 09:13:48 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 11, 2022, 05:59:24 am »

Alright, so. Shadowclaw has won (UB to clear Happ's board, swing for 12). Having multiple Anglerfish Dragons out and about is just too much for them to deal with. 
Failbird defeated Tric, although if the God Candidate Waifu hadn't been there, the Invader Guardians could've been a big issue.
NQT lost to DGR, due to BFGs bouncing their board and clearing the way for a Hypersummoned Firebase.
Me and Stirk are still slogging away. While I think momentum is on our side, the game could still go either way.

I think they've shown off enough stuff that we can't be complacent, although we still have the upper hand. I don't think we should intentionally drag this out- as I said in the core thread, if this game ends 'too soon', it'd just mean an opportunity to tweak the rules and start over. More balanced teams, with a better idea of what to do, would result in closer, more entertaining matches.

So. What do we need to win, what do we need to not lose, and what would be cool?

One thing I think might be good is single-target non-damage removal. Something like:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 06:10:01 am by NUKE9.13 »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 11, 2022, 06:28:54 am »

Firebase played to an empty field is so brutal as it's immune to retaliation damage, so you can't beat it through attrition and it can kill anything that we can play. But that's basically the only region they could realistically hypersummon it with so much extra health.

They've found new ways to play down BFGs to deal with our big cards, so we should make sure to field lots of wipes to clear out their face down cards.

I don't mind losing one, it's nice to give them some heart and a sense of renewed confidence, but we mustn't be complacent.

What regions should we aim for next round? Assuming we win the library, it currently looks like this:

Spoiler: Regions (click to show/hide)

We have enough cards to do amazing in the Caldera, we just have to win the toss getting there. We have more high cost cards, so a normal high-powered deck should win Space Station (my deck was a poor fit and I should have foreseen the BFG issue: won't make that mistake again). They have good support at the Windy Plains. The Mire would be amazing for Cyberpunk Waifu.

We currently have relatively poor support for the Airbase, but I haven't seen them field anything that would work for it either, so unless they make air cards this round, they're probably going to try and target our territories again.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 08:24:27 am by notquitethere »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33