Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread  (Read 16507 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Team 2 (Team G) Design Thread
« Reply #465 on: October 11, 2022, 09:15:27 am »

Spoiler: Regions (click to show/hide)
Shadowclaw is effectively about to win the Windy Plains. And I wouldn't count the University as locked in yet. But if we do win the Uni, and Failbird comes around to not intentionally stalling the game, we'd be one perfect sweep away from victory.

The jet-dragon being immune to targeted effects in the Airbase is pretty good synergy. And given that the jet-dragon is already a decent card even without a pilot, and would have +1 attack there (making it a 4/9)... I feel we're actually fairly well set up.
Long Live United Forenia!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 11, 2022, 09:19:16 am »

Let's definitely make a pilot or two then for next round.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 11, 2022, 11:37:46 am »

Failbird defeated Tric, although if the God Candidate Waifu hadn't been there, the Invader Guardians could've been a big issue.
Not that big. I had The Red Mist in my deck and had just drawn into Destructive Analysis. Assuming RM hadn't replaced GCW in my hand anyway, I could have easily DA'd her into my hand, would have gladly dumped everything else I'd drawn. And in the graveyard, she becomes a 12/14, not to mention nobody has seen her Tokens yet, nor my other Prize Card

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 12, 2022, 06:34:41 am »

Some ideas (a small selection of a long list in a text file):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
An evasive critter might be sort of useful, especially in the Airbase where it would also be immune to targeted removal.

This would not be all that useful right now, honestly. Just wanted to put it out there.

I forget how Failbird intended for pilots to work. But the basic idea should work regardless.

Probably my actual choice, unless someone else has a better idea for single-target removal. I adjusted the price downwards, as it occurred to me that there are a bunch of removal things that generate stars, so even 1/3rd is a fairly steep price.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 12, 2022, 07:21:18 am »

How about something like:

Staff of Ruin
Cost: X
Play X+1 cards without hearts and shuffle a ruination token into your deck for each card played.

Ruination
Token
(Does nothing, just clutters the draw.)

This would allow for massive power plays with our many spell cards (and make good use of Backfire), balanced by a drawback that makes multiple uses of Staff of Ruin in a game less likely. It's like the non-creature version of Fog.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 11:16:01 am by notquitethere »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 12, 2022, 11:10:07 am »

I can get a new card with Destructive Analysis, but have no good cards to play or stars to play one of our better cards with.

Figured I could either go with Fog to get a facepunch in or Refinery to get some stars in. You have plenty of Fog already, should I just go for the refinery?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 12, 2022, 11:52:25 am »

I have two fogs in hand.
I don't think Destructive-Analysing away the rest of your hand would be a good idea. Although, you should also have Mountain of Bodies in hand, so I guess it's not the absolute worst option. But using it to get a Refinery seems very weak. Shoulda coulda woulda put one of your cards face down in exchange for a star, then you would've been able to play Lifeboats.
Honestly, it might be best to just not play a card. If you do DA this turn, you'd not be putting anything on the board, and you might draw something useful next turn anyway. Or Fallacy might play something you could Organ Harvest. So, yeah, my advice would be to just pass the turn without playing a card.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 12, 2022, 12:53:27 pm »

I have two fogs in hand.
I don't think Destructive-Analysing away the rest of your hand would be a good idea. Although, you should also have Mountain of Bodies in hand, so I guess it's not the absolute worst option. But using it to get a Refinery seems very weak. Shoulda coulda woulda put one of your cards face down in exchange for a star, then you would've been able to play Lifeboats.
Honestly, it might be best to just not play a card. If you do DA this turn, you'd not be putting anything on the board, and you might draw something useful next turn anyway. Or Fallacy might play something you could Organ Harvest. So, yeah, my advice would be to just pass the turn without playing a card.

Since we've got massive decks the chance of me drawing an actual useful card is pretty low, betting on an enemy playing a specific card isn't great either. We'd probably be stuck with two empty turns in a row if I decide to do nothing.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 12, 2022, 01:01:01 pm »

Well, it's up to you in the end. If you do DA for a Refinery, probably keep the Lifeboats (dumping Harvest, Jet, and Mountain). The potential stargain of the Lifeboats is equivalent to more cards.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 12, 2022, 01:03:21 pm »

Yeah destructive analysis for a refinery, but leave the lifeboats then turn after refinery, then life boats. It's slow, but dependable.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 12, 2022, 01:03:37 pm »

Well, it's up to you in the end. If you do DA for a Refinery, probably keep the Lifeboats (dumping Harvest, Jet, and Mountain). The potential stargain of the Lifeboats is equivalent to more cards.

I could DA for backfire instead if you think we can keep CW on the field

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 12, 2022, 01:05:27 pm »

I could DA for backfire instead if you think we can keep CW on the field
I have a second CW in hand, but we're in the University so stars are cards. Refinery is better than Backfire.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 14, 2022, 04:00:46 pm »

If Fallacy ever posts a turn (I sent them a reminder, to which they responded positively, so hopefully they will), Stirk will probably need to chump the smaller CW into Nagalfar, then finish it off with bigger CW. Otherwise it will immediately kill the Refinery. Thorn Ward is an annoying card- although if we had some chaff that could take the reflect before a bigger critter finished it off it wouldn't be as bad. Still, trading CW for Thorn Ward is a wash, simce they both cost the same, so it's not the worst.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 15, 2022, 05:18:16 pm »

Design Phase starts now!
As usual, all the card ideas you made prior to this post will be disregarded completely.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 15, 2022, 05:51:39 pm »

*Card Name: Dragon Pilot Waifu
*Card Picture:
*Background Color: Green and White
Attack: Low if any
Hearts: Low
Stars: 0
Card Effect: At the end of each turn, if this is not Equipped to a card, you may Equip it to one pilotable card you control. While piloted, that card gains +1/+1. If the Equipping card is both an Aircraft and a Dragon, the gain is doubled.
Flavor Text:
Metadata: A card that is able to be equipped to cards that can be equipped with pilots. So as to enable Morphing Jet Dragon and other potential future piloted cards to work.
Reference: https://hisomaso.fandom.com/wiki/Hisone_Amakasu
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 05:53:46 pm by Failbird105 »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33