Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What're the effects of removing can_learn via syndrome  (Read 1025 times)

Gnomedevourer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What're the effects of removing can_learn via syndrome
« on: September 11, 2022, 08:47:48 pm »

simply when you remove can_learn using a syndrome: does it remove skills? do they keep their skills? are they classified as an animal on the unit screen after that?
what if they were a civ member? how does this affect worldgen (of course if no one has tested it, I might do so and post any/all findings (if I can manage to set up enough worlds to get them to show frequently/not have them instantly die))
any and all answers are VERY appreciated!
tried to balance a mod, once upon a time, fell and scraped my knee, ain't doing that again.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What're the effects of removing can_learn via syndrome
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 12:31:28 pm »

I know they don't lose skills, but they shouldn't be able to gain them anymore. I think they do actually show up in the pets menu on the unit screen. I don't know how much it affects worldgen, if at all.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gnomedevourer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 05:03:40 pm »

I know they don't lose skills, but they shouldn't be able to gain them anymore. I think they do actually show up in the pets menu on the unit screen. I don't know how much it affects worldgen, if at all.
thank you so much, this is really good to know, that answers the more major of the two to me (as of now)
tried to balance a mod, once upon a time, fell and scraped my knee, ain't doing that again.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 10:47:32 am »

That tag effectively does make the unit a pet and you can use another syndrome to add the intelligence back to put it back in the citizens tab useful if you need a certain citizen to breed or chill out 🫠

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 11:29:03 am »

Also, they dont marry, they breed.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2023, 03:27:07 pm »

without CAN_LEARN:
- they can be butchered
- they dont claim beds (in the tavern)
- A conflict is always "no quarter", meaning that they dont break of a fight if their opponent is already loosing.
- they wont do labours