Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: hat mafia also: the mafia-themed accidental bastard - Stalemate (?)  (Read 12312 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: hat mafia also: the mafia-themed accidental bastard - Stalemate (?)
« Reply #315 on: September 16, 2022, 04:39:23 pm »

What

Holy shit

I stopped the Hat Tyrant win. It was me...
And then John was a zombie.

Aside from the absurdity present, this game is definitely a lesson in what it means to have a truly open setup. When the exact parameters of all role elements are so well known, it becomes near impossible to lie, or falseclaim.

I think the setup definitely succeeded in being the chaotic mess it was going for, but simple measures like an incomplete list of hats, a list of hats bigger than the number of players, a random number of included power hats, a random player or two not starting with a hat but not being guaranteed to not start with a hat, or even someone starting with two hats...

Where there is uncertainty, there is more room to lie. Since the mafia and non-town parties thrive through lies, some amount of uncertainty is necessary to bring a gamestate into balance.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 16, 2022, 05:47:42 pm »

I won, but I feel like I lost

This blows

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 16, 2022, 05:55:29 pm »

I won, but I feel like I lost

This blows
I had exactly the opposite experience! I definitely won on the spiritual level, here. This was great.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 16, 2022, 06:04:09 pm »

By the way, I never actually planned to go through with everyone winning. I only needed three town on-side d1 so that the mafia could win despite the unwinnable starting position. If ToonyMan hadn't interrupted me I would have insisted on lynching notquitethere, and if everyone still refused to go along with it, I was still planning to nightkill.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 17, 2022, 01:29:09 am »

By the way, I never actually planned to go through with everyone winning.
So my gut was right to oppose the plan.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 17, 2022, 02:02:22 am »

By the way, I never actually planned to go through with everyone winning.
So my gut was right to oppose the plan.
Yep! it provided plenty of pressure and was a big part of getting Max to reveal Toony. Made things a ton easier to have you to work with.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 17, 2022, 04:03:54 am »

Yep! it provided plenty of pressure and was a big part of getting Max to reveal Toony. Made things a ton easier to have you to work with.
Oh, no it wasn't. You have a pretty weird idea of how I react to things. :P

Everything I did was according to the plan I made at the beginning of the day before anyone had even posted, immediately after seeing that there was no space to win normally. You were actually wrong to think that Toony was holding back in the beginning - he just wasn't around yet and there was no coordination at all in PMs, heh.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 17, 2022, 04:47:15 am »

Okay. I can be wrong.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]