Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Wars - Battlefield 1  (Read 8115 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG Wars - Battlefield 1
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2022, 02:24:09 am »

((Ghost #2 should lose 1 Heart from attacking the Star Wish Waifu))
((Whoops, yes, my mistake.))

"Ah, something of the reverse of my problem then."

The man plays a broomstick riding witch...

...and then proceeds to defeat his foe's Star Wish Waifu with his third ghost, demolish the Refinery with the first ghost, and then attack his opponent directly with his second ghost.

Turn 4
Elric The Brown Haired: 20/20 Hearts. Stars: 1
Field: Mystery Ghost #1 3/2, Mystery Ghost #2 2/(2/3), Mystery Ghost #3 2/(2/3), Broomstick Witch (1/2)

The Gallant Gentleman: 18/20 Hearts. Stars: 10
Field: Refinery 0/3
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2022, 05:44:13 am »

- If a player plays a card with a background color of a card they already have in play, it loses hearts equal to the number of other cards that share its background color.
Shouldn't this be triggering on some of the Mystery Ghosts? And maybe the Broomstick Witch, although I'm not sure if the dark grey and light grey are supposed to be the same.
Or maybe I've missed something, also quite possible. This is rather interesting to watch.
Long Live United Forenia!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2022, 05:54:23 am »

There is just grey, I don't think the shades matter, so all of Happery's successive card plays should have taken heart damage when played. (Or even if it did matter, playing multiple ghosts should have inflicted damage.)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 06:04:04 am by notquitethere »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2022, 06:01:58 am »

The dark grey and light grey ARE intended to be different, but I don't know if Supernerd really considers them different. Both dark grey cards were submitted as black.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2022, 06:05:18 am »

Ah yes, but Supernerd has made clear (at least to us) that Black cards are always rendered in grey. I think all grey cards count as grey or the purpose of Valley of Kings' special effect, so I would imagine they'd also count as the same colour for this region's effects.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2022, 06:22:50 am »

I think all grey cards count as grey or the purpose of Valley of Kings' special effect,
Interesting. I wouldn't have guessed that.

We were not told that about black cards (unless I missed it). I mean, it's obvious from the look of them, but I figured it was more of a way to keep the text visible without changing the "technical" color for rule purposes.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2022, 07:42:50 am »

I am going to rule that the dark and light grey are actually different in this case. Still not black though.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2022, 07:49:00 am »

So Mystery Ghost #2 loses 1 heart, and Mystery Ghost #3 loses 2 hearts. Both are still alive so no retcons necessary.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2022, 08:25:17 am »

[Retcons are bad. As known in every cyocgtcg.]

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2022, 09:31:35 am »

I am going to rule that the dark and light grey are actually different in this case. Still not black though.

That's why I asked and you told me they where the same >_>

"Not looking good. I've just got to roll a certain card in time and I just might make it..."

The Gallant Gentleman: 18/20 Hearts. Stars: 12
Field: Refinery 0/3
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2022, 12:16:40 pm »

Please link me to the post where I made that claim. (Via pm if it was in a design thread). I need to ensure I am being consistent.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2022, 03:00:53 pm »

Ah yes, but Supernerd has made clear (at least to us) that Black cards are always rendered in grey. I think all grey cards count as grey or the purpose of Valley of Kings' special effect, so I would imagine they'd also count as the same colour for this region's effects.
I'll facepalmingly admit I completely forgot that special rule despite making a specific note to self to try to remember that special rule argh.

I think this is my correct board state then?

Field: Mystery Ghost #1 3/2, Mystery Ghost #2 2/(2/3), Mystery Ghost #3 2/(0/3) <- dead, Broomstick Witch (1/2)

As Star Wish Waifu would have killed Mystery Ghost #3 in the case of it only having one heart left, which means I should have attacked it with a different ghost, but, you know, retcons are bad and it was my mistake so I'll refrain from asking for a do over. If dark and light grey are the same, I would ask to be allowed not to have played the Broomstick Witch because there's no point in playing something that would just die instantly.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2022, 04:02:28 pm »

Okay, I see what happened here. Here is my previous word-thing I said in the team G design thread:

There's no such thing as a black card. All attempts to make a black card will turn out as being grey.

Thus, there is no contradiction in my words. All I said is that black cards would turn out grey, but I did not at any time say that there is only one shade of grey. Thus we have light grey and dark grey, and both my previous things that I said remain correct.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2022, 04:03:50 pm »

And what I asked was

Does SWW count as normal grey for the Space Station special effect or is it a different color technically?

So you can see where the confusion came from.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2022, 04:37:14 pm »

"Well, it's good to have that confusion over. Time to get back to defeating you. First I play another sheep, use it to ping your refinery..." So saying, the man plays a Wooly and uses it to damage the Refinery for one.

"...And then I finish off the Refinery with my second ghost, leaving my first ghost and my Broomstick Witch available to attack you for four damage."

Turn 5
Field: Mystery Ghost #1 3/2, Mystery Ghost #2 2/(2/3), Broomstick Witch (1/2), Wooly (2/2)

The Gallant Gentleman: 14/20 Hearts. Stars: 12
Field:
Forenia Forever!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16