Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Body Size, Creature Variation, and Animal Person  (Read 585 times)

Durmatagno

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep Canceled: Playing Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
Body Size, Creature Variation, and Animal Person
« on: September 15, 2022, 05:56:01 am »

I'm in the process of creating two new civs for a modded world, I've already created new ENTITY entries which I confirmed with Human creature substitutes, they themselves have working, but I ran into a hiccup when I started getting the CREATURE tokens ready for them.

Now I'm creating two new civs, one PLAINS, the other EVIL. For PLAINS I'm trying to create a Hamster Man civ that uses some weapons that differ from humans. Now the problem I'm encountering is I can't for the life of me figure out how to increase their body size, as their token in creature_small_mammal_new doesn't mention it, just [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON]. I don't want to muck around with that if I can avoid it, so my question is if I have to, or can I just add

[BODY_SIZE:0:0:4000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:168:17500]
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:70000]

This would be altered of course, that's just straight Human, I want them to between a human and dwarf in size.

The second new ENTITY entry should be far easier is it's a Cougar man civ that's only slightly different from the Goblin entity entry (Mostly names and a few weapon changes).