Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 36306 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1185 on: October 01, 2022, 07:13:57 pm »

@Max:
I also, to be clear, think there's a good chance NQT may actually be scum. I am even starting to think that NQT could be part of a witch coven that are trying to bat for each other subtly, and since I already think that there is a member of a witch coven who is secretly evil...
I mean… that just sounds like a regular scum team but with witch flavour so… it shouldn’t need any special consideration or anything like that :p
Oh, I was thinking maybe only one of them is scum, so the other witches THINK they are all town and try to defend each other. It was just a wild speculation though.
This evil witch would be Knightwing, correct? There's no chance it could be Vector?
Yep, the one I was told about is "the Summoner" which is confirmed to be Knightwing. My Devil Deal reversal even specifically tells me the Summoner's identity (under the assumption, I guess, that he wouldn't just spout it in public :P ) and that proved that he was the real Summoner. I considered the possibility at some point or another that there could be another Summoner, but the triggering of my ability this morning left me with no real doubt.
This does not in any way rule out the possibility of other evil witches, maybe even fully Evil witches. Lenglon did speculate about a Good witch, an Evil witch, and a Neutral witch. I described the Summoner as little-e evil because I knew he was farming devils and stealing souls, but this was only meant to be descriptive. Like I said before, I don't know his alignment in complete terms and the way the role is described to me is actually a little weird and not in any way consistent with the way any other roles are described so I dunno what's up with that. But I'm satisfied at this point that Knightwing is harmless so I don't care.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1186 on: October 01, 2022, 07:29:01 pm »

NQT: Who do you think performed the N1 kill of perseus?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: October 01, 2022, 07:50:06 pm »

Sorry for being a bit AWOL today. Life finds a way. Been working on a big post, but it's been much disrupted.

Just quickly before I go to bed:

NQT: Who do you think performed the N1 kill of perseus?
Anyone could have done it with a double-action. But something strikes me that I don't think we've considered. Is it possible Persus killed Persus? He might have selected someone outside the Hector/Persus bubble and the kill didn't work and bounced back.

Does that sound like how your power would have worked Vector?

NQT: My logic from Day 2 where I said that you and Egan were likely on opposite teams still applies. Could you tell me more about your body destruction ability? Do you get a proper autopsy or anything?
It's never gone off, but presumably I don't get an autopsy. As a Sexton I know if any graves have been disturbed though. I think you trying to work out the logic of the setting this way is unlikely to be very useful. But let me join in the mind-reading: do you think Wuba would have included three good witches in the game?

NQT: Your vote right now is on Max and not Jack. I don't see Max being Evil without Jack also being Evil. Why is your vote on Max instead of Jack?
This is a really weird question. I only have one vote. If I think Max is Evil and should be voted out, I don't think Max is less worth voting if it's true that Jack is his partner. Which I'm not fully sold on yet, incidentally.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 01, 2022, 07:57:49 pm »

I can accept as possible that Perseus killed themselves. I think I even suggested such as a possibliity on D2. Could you summarize your case against Max?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: October 01, 2022, 08:04:02 pm »

NQT, the logic of my question about Jack/Max is based on assuming the ability Jack claims to have Stole from Max N1 is something that only non-Evil could have. If we accept that, then either Jack is lying or Max is not Evil. In that case, even if Max behaves 100% like scum, the person to lynch would be Jack, since Max couldn't be scum if Jack isn't also scum in that scenario.

To me, this seems like the case here. Which is why I asked you that question.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: October 01, 2022, 08:06:35 pm »

In short: he is a self-occupied liar in a game set up where historically these kinds of people have often turned out to be serial killers or worse.

I'm burned out on trying to make mechanical sense in these closed settings as I always get blindsided by some secret thing, so I'm focusing on getting rid of someone who is classically scummy.

Anyone could have done any of the kills because these games have hidden elements. It sucks, but this is the conclusion I have with some bitterness come to.

So fuck the charts and the detective work and the trying to be clever about it. When has that ever helped me? Max is bad news.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 01, 2022, 08:07:13 pm »

It's too late. Maybe be more optimistic in the morning about solving.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: October 01, 2022, 08:07:41 pm »

I’m so confused. I couldn’t have been a evil witch if my alignment is town?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 01, 2022, 08:12:43 pm »

I’m so confused. I couldn’t have been a evil witch if my alignment is town?

It's ok, Max said you probably weren't Evil.
I think it's been shown that you're probably town.

We're trying to decide on whether or not to Lynch Hector. Any thoughts?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: October 01, 2022, 08:29:03 pm »

Hector?

Hmm. I’ll post my thoughts in the morning, my phone is dying and I’m pretty tired

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: October 02, 2022, 10:23:21 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> hector13   --3-- Maximum Spin*, Lenglon*, EuchreJack*,
Maximum Spin  --1-- notquitethere*,
EuchreJack    --0--
Knightwing64  --0--
Lenglon       --0--
notquitethere --0--
ToonyMan      --0--
Vector        --0--
No One        --0--

Not Voting    --4-- hector13, Knightwing64*, ToonyMan, Vector,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on October 02, 2022 at 20:00 Central Daylight Time (9 hours and 36 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: October 02, 2022, 11:27:38 am »

I was thinking yesterday, what if this game is like three or four solo Evils? This seems unlikely to me because we've only been seeing one kill from Evil each night (that's the same flavor even) so unless the Evil are each getting their own kill for each night which is an interesting but wild idea I think the remaining are in-the-know with each other. And even with this theory it still makes Hector look bad as he could have been the Evil with the N1 kill easily and just chose Persus because it was his only option.

Anyone could have done any of the kills because these games have hidden elements. It sucks, but this is the conclusion I have with some bitterness come to.
So fuck the charts and the detective work and the trying to be clever about it. When has that ever helped me? Max is bad news.
I really don't think Max is mafia, even a solo Evil doesn't make sense to me.

Defense of Max:

1. Does this post look like Evil to you? This is when Max is the leading wagon and gives some information since they don't expect to be back alive.
2. Max seems to be the Wizard, Jack can confirm the superblock that Max has. Is it likely for a Wizard to be Evil?
3. Max chooses not to vote to save themselves here. Just like Good!Egan in this game. Just like town!Me in Supernatural 10.

@Hector:
Why not go after Max instead of Jack? NQT is voting Max and there's a good chance Knightwing would want to vote Max here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 02, 2022, 11:40:24 am »

Euch why do you have to do this when I feel awful.

I mean just look at the way Jack was trying to justify moving his vote from a no lynch to me; he first started by “clearing” Vector with a long, busy-work post even though he himself just said he thinks Vector is town.

The reason Jack’s changing his mind in the no lynch is because he just realized I can prove he doesn’t have a block.

PPE: nobody else is going to go for Max. You’ve seemed to have convinced yourself that he’s acting so anti-town that he’s town (maybe I’m mixing you up with Jim though) and Lenglon is only interested in me and Jack. Not sure regarding Vector but Vector’s not feeling well so I can’t really blame them for not showing up when I don’t feel well and find posting difficult.

Jack is the one I’m more sure about. My priority for voting seems to be Jack, no lynch, Max.

Also, didn’t Jim flip Wizard? And Witch? *sigh* I need to ask webadict a question…
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: October 02, 2022, 12:23:23 pm »

@Hector:
Why didn't you vote on D2?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: October 02, 2022, 12:27:10 pm »

Hector: could you walk me through the case for no-lynch?
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 102