Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 35929 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun
« Reply #1500 on: October 03, 2022, 01:53:30 pm »

It's a tough game to learn anything about due to circumstances, but I think the little bit that can be learned here is lie, probably about being a Miller, and no one will do anything to you.  Always lie about being a Miller.  Heck, lie about being a Miller when you're Town, I'm gonna lie about being a Miller every game.  It's a foolproof strategy.
I don't know if you spotted it, but I'm starting to pick up the habit of just flatly saying I can't be investigated.

BTW, what NQT should've done to win was "not seem so scummy to me" :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: October 03, 2022, 02:07:03 pm »

Lol, yes, not looking scummy is the best strategy, but how anyone does it is tough.

But, yes, I did see you claim you couldn't be investigated.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: October 03, 2022, 02:17:23 pm »

It's a tough game to learn anything about due to circumstances, but I think the little bit that can be learned here is lie, probably about being a Miller, and no one will do anything to you.  Always lie about being a Miller.  Heck, lie about being a Miller when you're Town, I'm gonna lie about being a Miller every game.  It's a foolproof strategy.
I don't know if you spotted it, but I'm starting to pick up the habit of just flatly saying I can't be investigated.
I read D1 at least three times in this game so I saw everything, including that.

I found you more suspicious once everyone had claimed and it didn't seem like there were any cops in the setup, so I can't say it helped my decision making.

Also yeah, Persus completely threw off the fact he was scum with NQT and Hector. I didn't see that at aaaaall.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: October 03, 2022, 02:59:56 pm »

Persus did a really good job of obfuscation. It wasn't until I did my big reread that I became certain of the scumteam, and even then I was working on the assumption of one solo-scum + a team of two. I didn't know until the flip that all three were together.

I also apparently haven't played with scum NQT recently. I checked every early post for "COP" being seeded and kind of called it a day because that always worked before, + I was really trying to give both Hector and NQT slack for their Rona/illness situations so I didn't want to pressure them. So I was waiting for evidence to build up naturally for me to sort through. Luckily I eventually found a few things that were, for me, convincing and definitive.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: October 03, 2022, 03:06:11 pm »

That end of day 1 where Hector nearly got suprise-lynched...
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: October 03, 2022, 03:20:06 pm »

On a wagon built by my scumbuddy!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: October 03, 2022, 03:29:20 pm »

I was trying to post at the end of D1 to switch to Max, it was just every time I hit post a new reply showed up.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: October 03, 2022, 03:30:40 pm »

On a wagon built by my scumbuddy!
Tric's townreads were spot-on if you swapped Egan with Hector, that would have made Hector/NQT/Persus.

I wasn't kidding when I said we could use Tric's reads to unironically catch scum.

I was trying to post at the end of D1 to switch to Max, it was just every time I hit post a new reply showed up.
To be fair it was super convincing when you stayed on Hector and I decided to vote Tric instead of Hector.

EDIT:
Also I pointed this out in the thread already in my Bonus Content section of D3, but Egan's "save for later" list had all three Evil + Jim.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 03:33:27 pm by ToonyMan »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: October 03, 2022, 03:39:01 pm »

Yeah I didn't mind how D1 ended, it was just funny that I couldn't post because of how rapid people were posting.

And then there was that section D2 where the thread blew up 6 pages in like 2 hours.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: October 03, 2022, 03:42:23 pm »

I kinda like page explosions as a mod because it reinforces my decision to make Mamobo, and let's me not have to count votes.  Good ol' laziness!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: October 03, 2022, 04:02:20 pm »

Web

Did they lore about me finding the location of the ritual matter?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: October 03, 2022, 04:08:32 pm »

Web

Uh, depends on what you mean by matters.  If the game went on, I was gonna have you see more of the ongoings of the cult.  It was just a flavor-funsies, since you had no action.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: October 03, 2022, 04:11:52 pm »

Obviously, the next Supernatural should be themed around me and KW as unlikely buddy-cops breaking into Hell to rescue the imp.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: October 03, 2022, 04:15:36 pm »

Web

Uh, depends on what you mean by matters.  If the game went on, I was gonna have you see more of the ongoings of the cult.  It was just a flavor-funsies, since you had no action.
Knightwing should have been a third-party that wants the game to go to Day 10 or something. They would have night abilities to try to stop people from being killed, and during the day they'd try to keep both town and mafia ratio'd so the game wouldn't end too soon.

Obviously, the next Supernatural should be themed around me and KW as unlikely buddy-cops breaking into Hell to rescue the imp.
...Yeah and you two would share a Quicktopic together and be on the hunt for a SK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: October 03, 2022, 04:19:53 pm »

game to go to Day 10 or something.
No thanks, I don't want people to murder me irl.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102