Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's Read the Classics: A Dramatic Reading of Syrupleaf  (Read 1027 times)

koruth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let's Read the Classics: A Dramatic Reading of Syrupleaf
« on: September 18, 2022, 04:18:46 am »

Hi, I'm Troy Mcclure Doctor Professor Robot, you might remember me from such classic idiocy as my reading of Boatmurdered, and of Headshoots.

Well... after a very long hiatus, I'm finally back in the saddle again, with improved equipment, livestreaming capability, and just as much idiocy as before, reading the third of the Classic Something Awful Trilogy, Syrupleaf.

The first episode of the edited version of the reading is coming live in just a little over an hour from this post, but there are already 3 episodes of "Let's read, Live" up, which is just what it sounds like: warts and all, all the bad takes, all me flubbing my lines and cracking up at the jokes. 

You're welcome to browse either and both at your leisure, and I hope you'll enjoy the ride!

The edited version of the reading will be coming out every third day: as an example, this episode is coming out on a Sunday, so the next episode will be out Wednesday, and the one after that on Saturday. 

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Read the Classics: A Dramatic Reading of Syrupleaf
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 04:51:48 am »

well that's really cool to hear i'll be checking out your Dwarf Fortress succession game/community game reading series myself since you seem to be back on wanting to continue it and stuff
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

koruth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 05:17:42 am »

Yeah.. There was a good few years where I straight up didn't have the time, energy, or will to make videos, but I'm really looking forward to going through Syrupleaf.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 05:23:26 am »

Honestly glad you are posting again, a while back i downloaded and listened to your readings on a walk.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

koruth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 06:31:42 am »

I hope Syrupleaf fits well on your playlist once it's completed!  I've been experimenting adding some background music into this series, hopefully it'll add good vibes to your walk