Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [NOW WITH A BOOK!] Project Stardust - a mostly-hard-SF worldbuild  (Read 7744 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: [NOW WITH A BOOK!] Project Stardust - a mostly-hard-SF worldbuild
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2023, 07:58:54 am »

The fifth chapter is a bit longer than the previous ones and has more descriptions and worldbuilding.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2023, 07:13:49 am »

Forgor to announce the fifth chapter here. Anyways the sixth one is out and it includes the start of a romance plot.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2023, 07:24:05 am »

The seventh chapter is released! https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/74149/stardust-marathon

They finally get moving again in it. The station was important setup into what the Terran Federation is like for those who started with this book.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2023, 07:06:35 am »

The ninth chapter of my hard sci-fi space opera is released! In the chapter, the little subplot started a few chapters back reaches its conclusion, and the readers see the first properly alien civilization. Still, faint hints of something sinister are abound...

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2023, 07:16:12 am »

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/74149/stardust-marathon The tenth chapter of my hard sci-fi space opera is released! In the chapter, Artur gets more development, there is more POV of both him and Jamaad, and there is an unprecedented upset in the journey... more than one in fact.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2023, 07:17:11 am »

The eleventh chapter of my hard sci-fi space opera is released! In it, the cliffhanger at the end of Chapter 10 is resolved, and a tense action scene ensues. It's also my longest chapter yet-- I paid attention to the details of the battle.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2023, 07:05:09 am »

The twelfth chapter of my hard sci-fi space opera is released! It is a look into a very unusual alien civilization with a semi-hive-minded society, as well as more interpersonal character stuff as usual. The next subplot is also set up in it. Check it out!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2023, 08:30:36 am »

The thirteenth chapter of my hard sci-fi space opera is released! In it is more info about a certain alien species' culture, more character development, and an explanation for why they did not just send a drone courier instead of a manned ship.

And most importantly, and actually happy, is that I have a backlog, for the next few days I'll be releasing a chapter a day so stay tuned!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2023, 10:50:35 am »

The thirteenth chapter of my hard sci-fi space opera is released! In it is more info about a certain alien species' culture, more character development, and an explanation for why they did not just send a drone courier instead of a manned ship.

And most importantly, and actually happy, is that I have a backlog, for the next few days I'll be releasing a chapter a day so stay tuned!
Fourteenth chapter is out (I still have a backlog so maybe tomorrow and the day after tomorrow too). It's more suspense, regarding the most alien and advanced civilization seen yet.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2023, 06:22:06 am »

Fourteenth chapter is out (I still have a backlog so maybe tomorrow and the day after tomorrow too). It's more suspense, regarding the most alien and advanced civilization seen yet.
Fifteenth one is released. One phrase: out of the frying pan into the fire.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2023, 06:59:39 am »

Sixteenth chapter is out. The crew witnesses the civil conflict of the glubb-enn civilization, the secret of the diamond spheres is revealed, and a mistake is made... I was wrong about Ch.15 being the last of the release spurt, and this likely isn't the last either (Ch.17 tomorrow or the day after tomorrow). In any case, as a beginner writer I'm happy that I'm able to put out such a volume.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2023, 11:09:01 pm »

Sixteenth chapter is out. The crew witnesses the civil conflict of the glubb-enn civilization, the secret of the diamond spheres is revealed, and a mistake is made... I was wrong about Ch.15 being the last of the release spurt, and this likely isn't the last either (Ch.17 tomorrow or the day after tomorrow). In any case, as a beginner writer I'm happy that I'm able to put out such a volume.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2023, 10:19:49 pm »

The eighteenth chapter of my book is released! The crew explores the Decl-tjub station, which is revealed to be a dark echo of FE-01. They get an up-close view of the misery inside it... prompting a new sideplot. Also, more light is shined on the economics of the setting.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2023, 10:27:17 pm »

The nineteenth chapter of my book is released! A second subplot, involving Artur more closely, is launched. More information about the Chimeras is revealed. And more setup for later chapters. Enjoy!
Pages: 1 [2] 3