Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: If Bay 12 Was Responsible For Training a Lv 1 Adventuring Party From Birth.  (Read 1299 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay 12 Was Responsible For Training a Lv 1 Adventuring Party From Birth.
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2022, 06:07:31 pm »

We have all the resources of an Archmage at our disposal, including time travel for us but not for them. Training takes place in a fantasy world. 5 kids.
I like this prompt, and I think I see where you were thinking with it- or maybe it's just obvious to me...

We'd use our DF skills to dig a proper "dungeon" of course, full of various shinies made of rose gold and electrum (and trifle pewter and black bronze and other zany alloys).  Then we'd summon monsters for them to fight and level up against!

Now I say "summon" because I like DND, and I like monsters, and in DND summoned creatures don't actually die!  So there's no need for an actual blood bath- oh no our party died X_X
...Which is why we have time travel!  We scoot back a few minutes, desummon one of the "baddies", and let them try again.

It'd be a combat-GM's dream: a series of encounters that the party JUUUUUUUST barely manages to win, every time!  In reality (and many game systems) such a gauntlet would be deeply traumatic, but in DND everyone bounces back and rapidly levels up.

...I guess the question is, would that prepare them for life outside our training?  Would they be reliant on "luck" to save them from any situation?  I don't think so.  If we allow them to escape encounters which are too hard (without time shenanigans) I think they would credit caution for their survival.  They wouldn't ever know about their charmed timeline or any of the doomed ones, of course.  Maybe we could even allow a couple of deaths, particularly if they "happened" to find some scrolls of Raise Dead a few levels prior.

There, easy!  Time to release these level 20 psychopaths on the outside world, and try to remember why in the Hells we did this thing.  Maybe to gain an epic level?  Emulate a divine tier?  Boredom?  We're an archmage!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2022, 08:12:35 pm »

Should I remind Novel that we have a perfectly serviceable Forum Games and Roleplaying section? Some of these threads are about things which would be more fun to DO than to just talk about~
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2022, 09:28:42 pm »

Should I remind Novel that we have a perfectly serviceable Forum Games and Roleplaying section? Some of these threads are about things which would be more fun to DO than to just talk about~

All of these Novel threads make me wonder what Novel idea they’ll come up with next.  But a Novel ideas such as that?  Impossible.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2022, 02:49:07 am »

The mind of Novel is a mystery, one which will puzzle people for centuries!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2022, 10:24:15 am »

We have a what??  :o
Jk. I should probably check it out more myself but I'm such a flake sometimes.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2022, 10:29:52 am »

Novel has definitely dropped some threads that could easily be turned into forum games
The only caveat is - Novel as GM?
hmmm
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2022, 12:47:25 pm »

The doing is predictable. The strategy isn't.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2022, 01:04:05 pm »

Novel has definitely dropped some threads that could easily be turned into forum games
hmmm
TBH I just want to see how novel and roseheart react to one another.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2022, 01:11:53 am »

hmmm
TBH I just want to see how novel and roseheart react to one another.

It appears to be impossible. Novel is Gen Discuss, and Roseheart is FG&R. Their paths will never cross.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2022, 01:42:18 am »

They might as sometimes they cross borders and post in different sections, so there is always a chance it'll happen.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2022, 09:31:48 am »

They might as sometimes they cross borders and post in different sections, so there is always a chance it'll happen.

And the fight will be legendary!

I'll add in Naturegirl for good measure.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2022, 02:11:33 am »

Hm, it seems to be over.
The fight? How could I have missed it.
Pages: 1 [2]