Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Avatar Legend interest Check [2/4]  (Read 830 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Avatar Legend interest Check [2/4]
« on: October 11, 2022, 07:28:30 pm »

Reserved.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 04:31:47 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Avatar Legend interest Check (Rehost day)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 07:29:06 pm »

What is it? Look here, but basically a light adventure RPG for your profile pic as your avatar, with goal driven chapters. Since this requires 3 threads, I want to see if enough will play. There will be an Avatar Album to post your character info, for now, you can support the revival by posting 'IN'.

Need atleast 4 to start. You will need a profile picture.
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 01:37:45 am »

IN

Also do we need three threads, couldn't we just use the character sheet thread as the OCC?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 08:13:36 am »

Also do we need three threads, couldn't we just use the character sheet thread as the OCC?
By design, Avatar Legend is an endless game, but my involvement wont be.
It just makes the hand off between hosts more of a chore, if they need to scour a sprawling OOC to find character sheets. If I had to maintain a character sheet directory, then the longterm health of game is too dependent on me.
Awesome With Autism

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 02:30:59 pm »

IN
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 03:29:21 am »

By design, Avatar Legend is an endless game, but my involvement wont be.
It just makes the hand off between hosts more of a chore, if they need to scour a sprawling OOC to find character sheets. If I had to maintain a character sheet directory, then the longterm health of game is too dependent on me.
What do you mean by handing off between hosts?

Also we could alleviate some of the burden if the players were responsible for their own sheets, and post them with our turns for the game, thus alleviating the need for a third thread.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 07:24:36 am »

IN

WB!

What do you mean by handing off between hosts?

Also we could alleviate some of the burden if the players were responsible for their own sheets, and post them with our turns for the game, thus alleviating the need for a third thread.

King Zultan, you asked me to rehost this. Yes, it's a host swapping game (we happen to have the main alternate from last time joining us) which is good because I only intend to focus on a rehost day event for a month/one session, but this means it can keep going, as my involvement decreases. (I'll try to make a complete story before I 'go')

I really wouldn't worry about the three threads (there's an Arms Race with 6 running right now) it just makes more sense longterm, and it's what we switched to pretty quick last time.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 07:56:21 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2022, 02:03:01 pm »

IN
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2022, 02:46:50 pm »

IN
Great, but you will need an Avatar to play Avatar Legend.
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2022, 05:37:07 am »

King Zultan, you asked me to rehost this. Yes, it's a host swapping game (we happen to have the main alternate from last time joining us) which is good because I only intend to focus on a rehost day event for a month/one session, but this means it can keep going, as my involvement decreases. (I'll try to make a complete story before I 'go')

I really wouldn't worry about the three threads (there's an Arms Race with 6 running right now) it just makes more sense longterm, and it's what we switched to pretty quick last time.
Might not have read the entire thread and might have missed the part about the rehosting.

I guess it makes since for the three threads, I'm pretty sure there was a game awhile back that had something like 8 to 10 threads with it.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2022, 04:54:12 pm »

If there isn't much interest here, it might help to do it in the main Forum Games and Roleplaying area. Maybe it's not the right fit for a Roll to Dodge title.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2022, 12:55:23 am »

What about adding need players to the thread title as well as moving it?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Avatar Legend interest Check [2/4]
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2022, 12:47:47 am »

bump.
Awesome With Autism