Poll closed due to Ragnarok

Conspiracy!
- 0 (0%)
Twas ever thus.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 23, 2022, 06:42:27 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Ventures by Torchlight (looking for wealthy sponsors for dangerous expeditions)  (Read 10174 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Ventures by Torchlight (looking for players)
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2022, 12:41:01 pm »

Looking for 2 semi active collaborators.

#notacult
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interested, what the collaboration for?
Spoiler: Dungeon emporium (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Chamark Cartography Guild places a 3₣ bid on Pvt. Yvonne Jackson
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

I have produced a new charter for a second coalition.

Quote from: Explorators Union charter
The undersigned members hereby found the Explorators Union. This Union's mandate shall be to explore Chamark, to the overall enrichment of its members.

Each founding member contributes 3₣ to the Union's treasury, giving each equal stake in the Union.

Should a member of the Union wish to leave, they must give the Union sufficient warning of no less than two turns. The departing member will receive a portion of Union assets proportional to their stake. Should it be impossible to split assets satisfactorily, arbitration may be enlisted.

The Union's assets will be used with the consent of Union members. For the sake of expedience, a Chairperson will be appointed who may make decisions for the Union. The Chairperson may be recalled at any time by any member, to be replaced by a majority vote. But, like, don't do it unless they're abusing their position, or they want to step down voluntarily.
The Chairperson should endeavour to act in accordance with the wishes of other members, informing them of any actions taken and reasoning therefore.

This Charter may be modified with the unanimous consent of all Union members.

Initial membership is restricted to three investors. More members may be added with the unanimous consent of all Union members.

Signed:
-Sir Nearquad
-
-

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Interested, what the collaboration for?
Spoiler: Dungeon emporium (click to show/hide)
adventurer and gear - no strong preferences yet.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: RoboCorp places a 3₣ bid on Mr. Fitz West.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

The undersigned members hereby found the Explorators Union. This Union's mandate shall be to explore Chamark, to the overall enrichment of its members.

Each founding member contributes 3₣ to the Union's treasury, giving each equal stake in the Union.

Should a member of the Union wish to leave, they must give the Union sufficient warning of no less than two turns. The departing member will receive a portion of Union assets proportional to their stake. Should it be impossible to split assets satisfactorily, arbitration may be enlisted.

The Union's assets will be used with the consent of Union members. For the sake of expedience, a Chairperson will be appointed who may make decisions for the Union. The Chairperson may be recalled at any time by any member, to be replaced by a majority vote. But, like, don't do it unless they're abusing their position, or they want to step down voluntarily.
The Chairperson should endeavour to act in accordance with the wishes of other members, informing them of any actions taken and reasoning therefore.

Initial membership is restricted to three investors. More members may be added with the unanimous consent of all Union members.

Signed:
-Sir Nearquad
-Monsieur Lemongrass
-
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

I'd like to aim for a 3 turn/week schedule with this (likely M-W-F.) so next turn should be in 8 hours. However, this being the first turn, I will happily grant extensions if asked.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

People are still forming alliances, so the auctions will not be done within 8 hours. Requesting an extension.

By the way, can multiple people / groups buy the adventure that's on offer this turn? Or only one?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

By the way, can multiple people / groups buy the adventure that's on offer this turn? Or only one?
By "adventure" do you mean "expedition"? You can send as many as you like, yes. Alone or in groups.
If you send multiple adventurers* on the same expedition, you must pay per adventurer however.

(*) This shouldn't be necessary for the overgrown cave, as it's pretty tame.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

A bit about leveling up:
Once an Expedition is complete*, if an adventurer has enough XP, they will gain a level.
At each level up an adventurer gains 1d6 HPMax (and HP) modified by their Constitution stat. Additionally they will gain 1 point in a stat of your choice.
XP needed to level up is as follows:
  • 0 (all adventurers start as level1)

(*) I mean "when you return from the expedition", not "when you fully clear the dungeon".
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 04:59:44 am by a1s »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry doom, I didn't want to wait too long

Signed:
-Sir Nearquad
-Monsieur Lemongrass
- Reynold Emporium
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Also before we start, would you guys like to have a win condition? Or just run the game until I lose interest?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also before we start, would you guys like to have a win condition? Or just run the game until I lose interest?
Well, I wouldn't want a time limit like Risky Space had. But maybe something like "Reach the end of X dungeon" could be set as the highest attainable goal- so that there's something to work towards, but sufficiently distant that it doesn't create too much pressure.
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

I voted Epic Quest, some kind of "retrieve the ultimate mcguffin from Mt doom".

Also, I'm officially requesting an extension on this turn
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19