Poll closed due to Ragnarok

Conspiracy!
- 0 (0%)
Twas ever thus.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 23, 2022, 06:42:27 am

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Ventures by Torchlight (looking for wealthy sponsors for dangerous expeditions)  (Read 10200 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Chamark Cartography Guild takes the following actions:

• Let Yvonne continue exploring the cave, but stop if she is down to 2 hp.
  • Sell off a shortbow, five nails and five sandpaper to a mechanic named Mike for 2.50₣.
  • Bid 2.95₣ on the rapier.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Mike is unsure what to do with a shortbow.  :P

Also, turn in ~24 hours.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to make an addendum to the contract given current output conditions. I only made .5F on that run, and after your earnings are taken to account, I barely break even. (The change to the contract meaning it's payment date does not have an end payment date so long as it's shown I don't make enough to meet the date. Cause I don't. I made .1F this run after costs.)

Also,
ACTACTACT: Bid for Lockpicks for 0.86 Florims End current Expedition and bring Dr. Inns Kath back to base if Bid is a success. I came across two chests last time, and got absolutely nothing from them. 3 Nails, 3 copper coins, and 2 Sandpaper do not a payment make.

On that note, opening a bid for any looking for sandpaper or nails next turn right then. Doubt anyone wants it, but eh.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 01:53:34 pm by TricMagic »

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile

Did you read the contract I wrote before signing it? It's not identical to the one you proposed. Let me copy it...

We, the undersigned, agree to enter a Subsidiary Relationship with TAC. In this case, TAC (the Parent) agrees to loan a sum of 3₣ to Tim (the Subsidiary) immediately after the signing of this contract, to be spent on establishing themselves in the adventuring business.

Immediately from the signing of this contract on, the Subsidiary is required to transfer to the Parent 50% of the proceeds from adventuring they obtain until 6₣ or the equivalent of items (measured by their market price) has been transferred.

After the Subsidiary has paid off the initial 6₣, they are required to transfer 15% of all proceeds gained by adventuring (or their equivalent in florins) measured by market value. In exchange, the Parent agrees to subsidize the Subsidiary in case they suffer a loss.

Note that nowhere are there any timed conditions - it's 50% until 6F is paid, however long that takes.

Edit: Oh, wait, I wasn't sure what you were asking. That sound reasonable; give me a moment.

Edit 2: Here is a proposed addendum.

Addendum: The Subsidiary may choose to defer payment up to three turns (either consecutively or non-consecutively). In this case, the remainder must be paid, either spread out or as a lump sum. The Parent reserves the right to temporarily suspend monetary assistance until all outstanding deferred payments are paid.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 01:54:48 pm by Iris »
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, there isn't a date on this one? K then, that's a lot better. Though can only give the loot on turns they've returned from expedition.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Ventures by Torchlight turn 7
« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2022, 04:59:17 am »

TURNTURNTURN
Turn 7

Chamark Cartography Guild buys Pvt. West Vronsky's indenture for 3₣.

Dr. Georg Bean's indenture is bought by the Charmark Medical Association.
Ms.  Heiger Iverson's indenture is discounted.

Chamark Cartography Guild buys 1 rapier 2.95₣.
Tim buys 1 set of lockpicks for 0.86₣

Dr. Inns Kath returns from expedition.

Spoiler: Available Expeditions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Indenture Auction (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Store (click to show/hide)

The weekly Arena is now open. First round is Rats. The winners will receive 10% of the betting pool as prize money (NPCs will also bet)
A spectator's ticket is 1 Groshen, and bets of up to 10 Florins are allowed.
Spoiler: Odds (click to show/hide)

ACTACTACT: Bid for Lockpicks for 0.86 Florims End current Expedition and bring Dr. Inns Kath back to base if Bid is a success.
There are no conditional actx3 in VbT. I forgot to say this, so I brought back your adventurer. However in the future such posts will be ignored.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Small correction, before you all pool your money and kill an adventurer: the maximum winnings ("bank") are 10 florins per encounter. So you can bet 5 groshen on a draw, 1 florin on the rat, and 11 florins on the adventurer total. Bets are first come first serve, if that becomes relevant.

More info: First encounter is 1 rat. There will be no loot. Odds in later turns will depend on how your adventurer performs in previous arena rounds (right now everyone is a dark horse, so the bets are equal.) Each adventurer who enters the arena fights alone.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 05:58:03 am by a1s »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Tim (click to show/hide)
ACTACTACT: Goods being sold. Dr. Inns Kath re-equiped, sent back on Expedition with current loot collected. Dr. Inns Kath is to stop if her HP becomes 1 and return.
As per TAC Contract, 0.255₣ paid.
Anyone wanting items directly, Please pay a 20% surcharge.(TAC Contractor has the right to take it out of the loan directly.)

« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 01:56:31 pm by TricMagic »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

ActActAct: The Reiff expedition keeps on keeping on

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly a bit surprised I got the picks for so cheap. A chance at more money is always nice.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly a bit surprised I got the picks for so cheap. A chance at more money is always nice.
We found a chest at one point that contained all of the following:
  -1 Pfennig (value 0.01)

So it's no guarantee of big money. Most of them have better contents than that, though.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We found a chest at one point that contained all of the following:
  -1 Pfennig (value 0.01)

So it's no guarantee of big money. Most of them have better contents than that, though.
Better than stumbling across them and not being able to open them at least. And future expedition locations may have better loot.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Tim (click to show/hide)
ACTACTACT: Goods being sold. Dr. Inns Kath re-equiped, sent back on Expedition with current loot collected. Dr. Inns Kath is to stop if her HP becomes 1 and return.
As per TAC Contract, 2.505₣ paid.
Anyone wanting items directly, Please pay a 20% surcharge.(TAC Contractor has the right to take it out of the loan directly.)

Did you mean 2.50F, or 0.25F? You mention paying 2.50, but all breakdowns show 0.25.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, opps. Yeah, it's 0.255 for loot this run. So made just enough to return and go on another expedition. It's why I wanted the lockpicks, since treasure events just got skipped that round.

0.51 in total.. Which actually using a calc shows I have an extra 0...

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ActActAct: Roboson continues in the overgrown cave.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19