Poll closed due to Ragnarok

Conspiracy!
- 0 (0%)
Twas ever thus.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 23, 2022, 06:42:27 am

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: Ventures by Torchlight (looking for wealthy sponsors for dangerous expeditions)  (Read 10210 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

We award the 100 xp to Pvt. West Vronsky.
The one who actually didn't see any rats?
(It's allowed, just poking fun :P)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Ventures by Torchlight turn 9
« Reply #196 on: October 12, 2022, 03:18:19 am »

TURNTURNTURN
Turn 9

Mr. Tallhearth Iverson's indenture is discounted.
Dr. Carbon St.Quinn's indenture is discounted.

Pvt. Yvonne Jackson returns from expedition
Ms. Heiger Iverson returns from the arena

Spoiler: Available Expeditions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Indenture Auction (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Store (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

turn in ~24 hours.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

ActActAct: The Reiff brigade returns to town

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: As I'm here for Forum Runner, need to call back my adventurer apparently. My Expedition Loot comes to 2.29₣ in value. Half of those proceeds go to TAC.

A1s, does going into the arena earn you coin? Either way, current net value is 6.4₣.

Spoiler: Tim (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 02:07:06 pm by TricMagic »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ACTACTACT: Chamark Cartography Guild takes the following actions:
  • Sell a Rat Hide, a Rat Tail, a Small Bone, 3 sandpaper, 12 Green Goo and an Arena Ticket to a flock of geese for 2.59₣.
  • Bid 2₣ on the service of Dr. Carbon st. Quinn.
  • Bid 0.13₣ on the stick.
  • Bid 0.78₣ on the leather armor.
  • Order Yvonne to sleep in someone's haystack to recover. ("bedrest")

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

---
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 04:43:02 pm by TricMagic »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tricmagic, are you sure you have the money for those two bids yet? You only get the loot from your expedition next turn.

You also can't send Ins Kath to the arena yet. He is currently on his way back to town, so you can't give him new orders yet. Also the arena isn't open this turn.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 03:45:15 pm by Quarque »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

@Tric & Dunamisdeos: Since both of your goals are to accumulate the most wealth, and it's hard to measure the value of the items in your inventory (recalling that your adventurers are also items in your inventory), you should conduct a mass selloff by the end of tommorow.

*Jack assumes the crouching vulture stance*

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, the value of goods is counted without the need for a selloff. See here (under "boring accounting stuff"):

Half of the trial is done, let's see how our contestants are doing:
TricMagic recalls the adventurer early to equip them with a much needed item. This means they make nothing on the expedition. Will future profits outweigh the costs?
Dunamisdeos joins as a minor partner with an established cartel. They seem to know what they're doing. What could possibly go wrong?
Find out on... FORUM RUNNER!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tricmagic, are you sure you have the money for those two bids yet? You only get the loot from your expedition next turn.

You also can't send Ins Kath to the arena yet. He is currently on his way back to town, so you can't give him new orders yet. Also the arena isn't open this turn.
A1s?

Also of note, I don't think my Forum Runner opponent can get co-signed adventurers back to base without also getting others to agree with it. What is the nature of the Charter's goods? I'm really only telling her to return because they apparently can't be counted while on adventure. Otherwise I'd continue.

I'm not sure on the whole bidding thing, since I'd have the money to pay for it at end of turn. And that Armor and backpack is super useful for future expeditions.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 04:30:39 pm by TricMagic »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure on the whole bidding thing, since I'd have the money to pay for it at end of turn. And that Armor and backpack is super useful for future expeditions.
It's a rule everybody has been following this game. If it was possible to spend money carried by an adventurer as soon as you order them to return, we'd have bought the armor one turn ago.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well.. As a question, can multiple people make adventuring parties?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, you can send a party of multiple adventurers.

Before I forget,
ACTACTACT: Ms. Heiger 'Ratsbane' Iverson sleeps in a different haystack to recover as well.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Well.. As a question, can multiple people make adventuring parties?
You can:
  • cooperate with another player to send an adventurer to a dungeon.
  • send multiple adventurers to the same dungeon (except the arena)
  • and, of course, you can do both at the same time (as Explorator's Union is already doing)

A1s?
That is correct. Also arena requires a ticket, which TricMagic may or may not have, but I'm just making a reminder.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19