Poll closed due to Ragnarok

Conspiracy!
- 0 (0%)
Twas ever thus.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 23, 2022, 06:42:27 am

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Ventures by Torchlight (looking for wealthy sponsors for dangerous expeditions)  (Read 9849 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

A ship comes in to the Chamark Haven, a recently founded port (if you decide to use the word loosely) on the isle of Charmark. Charmark is a island of great secrets as it seems to contain dungeons of an unknown precursor civilization. Off the ship come a few gentlemen (and ladies) of means and a larger number of unfortunate souls who had to indenture themselves to afford the voyage. A spirit of adventure drives both nonetheless, for it is known that the local guides will take you to an abandoned ruin, potentially full of treasure, for but a string of beads. A fortune can be made here as readily as a life can be lost

This is a shameless ripoff of Ventures by Moonlight, with a different combat system. Is the system better? No. But is it easier to grasp? Remains to be seen.

What is this: This is a Risky Venture style game. You are one of the lucky few who came ashore with their freedom intact, and start with 3 Florins (₣) and nothing else (You can copy the 'Starter Items' spoiler below and rename as necessary) Your job is to buy slaves Adventurers and then outfit them to go on Expeditions to various locations.

This game is Lazy Fair, which here means that I'm going to be extremely lazy. I expect you to manage your own assets and keep them up to date. While I will provide you with the results of various actions and arbitrate disputes, it is my goal to do as little as possible. This is both to avoid burnout and to let you guys go a bit nuts with how you interact.

To facilitate this, please tag @ACTACTACT any time you want to take an action you want me to pay attention to. If you don't use the tag, and I miss your actions for the turn, it's your own fault.

Game Mechanics
Spoiler: Expeditions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Encounters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Adventurer Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapon Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Item stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Buying things (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: XP and Levels (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  misc. notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Starting items (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 04:27:33 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Ventures by Torchlight (looking for players)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 09:35:35 am »

Bestiary
Spoiler: Cat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Green Slime (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolf (click to show/hide)

Recipes
Spoiler: Stick with Nails (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dagger (click to show/hide)

Enterprises

Spoiler: Goo Clinic (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 08:49:10 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 11:47:59 am »

Spoiler: Dungeon emporium (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 02:12:22 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 12:48:57 pm »

What a quaint little hamlet.
Spoiler: Ijdelrijk Venture (click to show/hide)

Just to be clear, combat is resolved automatically, right?

Story Snippet Archive:
Yvonne (1)
Yvonne (2)

Chamark Cartography Guild (1)

Ms Heiger Iverson (1)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 06:00:14 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 01:43:49 pm »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 01:56:29 pm »

Just to be clear, combat is resolved automatically, right?
Yes, the entire expedition is automated. You only have to outfit the adventurers and set their Firing Range and Ideal Range. You may also use consumable items before each day of adventuring.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2022, 02:10:00 pm »

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2022, 02:12:49 pm »

We boldly go where men have gone before, but not real recently.

Spoiler: Goodenough (click to show/hide)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2022, 02:27:47 pm »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2022, 03:22:28 pm »

The key to any good company is diversifying.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2022, 04:56:18 pm »

Spoiler: RoboCorp (click to show/hide)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2022, 04:42:08 am »

TURNTURNTURN
And so it begins.
Spoiler: Available Expeditions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Indenture Auction (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Store (click to show/hide)

There are 2 ways to buy something (or someone):
You can bid on it: bidding starts at the listed price and proceeds by adding 10% of the item's price (rounded down) to the previous bid.
Or you can buy it outright: pay double the current (or minimum) bid to get the item right now.
Services, being nearly infinite can just be bought for the listed price.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 03:36:36 pm by a1s »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Chamark Cartography Guild charter
The undersigned members hereby found the Chamark Cartography Guild. This Guild's mandate shall be to explore Chamark, to the overall enrichment of its members.

Each founding member contributes 3₣ to the Guild's treasury, giving each equal stake in the Guild.

Should a member of the Guild wish to leave, they must give the Guild sufficient warning of no less than two turns. The departing member will receive a portion of Guild assets proportional to their stake. Should it be impossible to split assets satisfactorily, arbitration may be enlisted.

The Guild's assets will be used with the consent of Guild members. For the sake of expedience, a Chairperson will be appointed who may make decisions for the Guild. The Chairperson may be recalled at any time by any member, to be replaced by a majority vote. But, like, don't do it unless they're abusing their position, or they want to step down voluntarily.
The Chairperson should endeavour to act in accordance with the wishes of other members, informing them of any actions taken and reasoning therefore.

This Charter may be modified with the unanimous consent of all Guild members.

Initial membership is restricted to three investors. More members may be added with the unanimous consent of all Guild members.

Signed:
-Fergus Ijdelrijk
-
-
Basic, no-frills coalition. Seeking members who won't ghost immediately and leave me to run the thing solo.
Long Live United Forenia!

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The undersigned members hereby found the Chamark Cartography Guild. This Guild's mandate shall be to explore Chamark, to the overall enrichment of its members.

Each founding member contributes 3₣ to the Guild's treasury, giving each equal stake in the Guild.

Should a member of the Guild wish to leave, they must give the Guild sufficient warning of no less than two turns. The departing member will receive a portion of Guild assets proportional to their stake. Should it be impossible to split assets satisfactorily, arbitration may be enlisted.

The Guild's assets will be used with the consent of Guild members. For the sake of expedience, a Chairperson will be appointed who may make decisions for the Guild. The Chairperson may be recalled at any time by any member, to be replaced by a majority vote. But, like, don't do it unless they're abusing their position, or they want to step down voluntarily.
The Chairperson should endeavour to act in accordance with the wishes of other members, informing them of any actions taken and reasoning therefore.

Initial membership is restricted to three investors. More members may be added with the unanimous consent of all Guild members.

Signed:
-Fergus Ijdelrijk
-Henry Goodenough
-

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Signed:
-Fergus Ijdelrijk
-Henry Goodenough
-Sir Exemplar, Former Chevalier
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19