Poll closed due to Ragnarok

Conspiracy!
- 0 (0%)
Twas ever thus.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 23, 2022, 06:42:27 am

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Ventures by Torchlight (looking for wealthy sponsors for dangerous expeditions)  (Read 10141 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

Hallo, I am joining the fun. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing :>

Name: Jade Frog Co.
Cash: 3₣
Items: None
Adventurers retained: None

I think I want to bid on Dr. Georg Bean. Should I also bid on equipment? I only have 3 monies. I am not bidding on Dr. Bean.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 03:50:24 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I want to bid on Dr. Georg Bean. Should I also bid on equipment? I only have 3 monies.
Would need to take out a loan, but the only thing currently on offer in price range is a stick. Good luck.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I want to bid on Dr. Georg Bean. Should I also bid on equipment? I only have 3 monies.
Not having enough money is by design. The idea with this game is that you have to team up to achieve something. Teams have already been formed, though.

Maybe a1s will make an exception and allow you to become an adventurer yourself if you buy the rapier?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Adventures you buy don't need weapons, they can just use their fists to fight. So long as no one outbids you you're fine.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

I shall send Dr. Bean, provided I acquire him, on many adventures.

Note: I require a .25₣ loan in order to send the good doctor on his first adventure. Who do I ask for that? Perhaps I can send him along with another team? Surely someone with the title of Dr would be welcome.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 06:34:28 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, TAC does not have the funds to spare to support a new Investor at this time, but I can put you on a waitlist if the others agree?

Edit: I would also strongly recommend purchasing equipment as well as an Adventurer. I don't know whether a1s has added a default attack, but those tend to be utter trash.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 07:39:01 pm by Iris »
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

I believe the default attack does one damage if the target has no armor. So mostly garbage.
Specifically: 1 damage and -5 AC

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Alright, so the poll appears to be non-functional. Please vote in thread: should I let anyone (more specifically Tric and Dunamisdeos) become adventurers, even though they haven't lost yet? Note that if you die in the game you die in real life you can't rejoin.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile

I think it should be a last resort - adventuring is inherently dangerous, and we're supposed to be affluent. Someone like us wouldn't risk themselves unless they had serious debts and no way to pay them: ironically, the major reason most people are indentured in the first place.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Agree with Iris that it should only be allowed as a last resort for regular players. However, there could be an exception for the two metaverse players, depends on how you want to organise that subgame.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

BTW, turn in ~24 hours.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Long Live United Forenia!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

It is now possible to sort your adventurers into "First row" and "Last row" (or neither.) Adventurers in the last row will never overtake adventurers in the first row while rushing to meet the enemy. (of course once everyone in the first row is dead, they will still close for melee.)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

BTW, turn in ~24 hours.

I'd like to request an extension.

Edit to add: I vote no on being your own adventurer. That defeats one of the major aspects of an RV as now you can bootstrap yourself with no collaboration
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 09:10:23 am by Kashyyk »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Problem is if you decide to sell yourself, I'ma just try and buy them and win by default.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19