Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Be the gods of an island! | (Turn 6) (Always open to new players)  (Read 3944 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Be the gods of an island! | (Turn 6) (Always open to new players)
« on: September 22, 2022, 01:17:51 pm »

I kinda wanted to open a new game. And now I do. It is a sandbox game of sorts; think of this as kinda like Insula Numine (if you guys even remember that), but much less connected to player output and a much bigger emphasis on random outside influence. I took some notes on why my previous god game died, and now you guys will have to struggle to keep your stuff alive, and so will they do so, independant of you.

There is a barren, uninhabited, rather large volcanic island in the middle of the ocean. It isn't exactly one singular island, there are a couple islets around it. The island is nameless, though you may come up with a name for it if you so wish.

The island is brand new. It is all basalt collumns and gravel flats. There is a single volcanic mountain at the very center of the island, but other than a few hill clusters, it is mostly flat.

Living things on the island at the moment are nothing but a few, scraggly bushes and mosses along the rocky cliff-shores and oceanic seabirds perching and nesting at the coasts, along with a few penguins, small fish and seals. Maybe even a shark or two.

You live here. You look after here. You are the nameless, ethereal god-spirits of the island. You have no mother, nor father. You assume and personify aspects the world as your personal essences. You, while partial to the island as its many souls, are also ephemeral and liminal in your physical forms and direct influence, coming and going as quickly as you appear.

Think of yourselves as those stereotypical ancient Celtic forest gods, or just a fairer Leshy, and we are good to go.

You have one, single, influential and worldly action to do per turn, all else, such as making observations, appearing and talking in dreams or such are completely free game. I encourage that you choose a color for yourselves when you join in. But you don't have to.

Each turn is a millenia of time for now.

I will introduce new stuff every turn, ranging from good, to bad and to the ugly. So buckle up guys. And do whatever you want!

Spoiler: Da Loer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 03:16:44 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: Be the gods of an island! | (Looking for Players)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 01:51:09 pm »

I am Ix, God of Dream and Memory, The Tree Upon the Mountain. My philosophy concerns Sloth, Innocence, Curiosity, and the Ignorance that shields the mind from comprehending the breadth of the universe as is the domain of gods. From this ignorance may sapience form, for it is in ignorance that one can ignore the harshness of reality for a time, forget the necessary matters of food and drink, and indulge their curiosity.

As my action for this round, I bring the gift of art and carving to the island. Beings of life in their off hours shall be thus inspired to take up claw, nail, or even tool and work sand, earth, wood, and stone. They shall mark territory, form tribal identity, chart the stars, and simply indulge a desire to create. In their dreams, Ix shall occasionally inspire them to carve His mark—that of a single tree upon a tall mountain, growing fruits resembling both open and closed eyes.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 02:04:46 pm »

I am Ix, God of Dream and Memory, The Tree Upon the Mountain.

One joins the fray...
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 02:19:06 pm »

I am Crayax, God of Chaos and Madness, The Eternal Discord. I concern myself with matters of Corruption, Mutation, Pride and Conflict. 

My action shall be to cover this island in a aura of fast evolution and growth, along with encouraging any unnatural mutations. Crayax will bestow his favor onto any of those who are sufficiently powerful and bloodthirsty. Favor can easily be told apart, as the favored of Crayak have red eyes.

(Is there any other supernatural stuff? Or is it just us?)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 02:29:28 pm »

Fin, ender of tales, creator of history, ever marching towards the future unchained. The Seas are their domain, and they seek Advancement, Ending, and Birth.

Support Crayax's action, expanding it's effect to the seas around and ensuring the birth of life. Their favor is granted to those who seek change, an end to another's tale for their own to blossom. Pink hair marks this fate, forming as their advances become known.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 02:31:44 pm by TricMagic »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 03:23:14 pm »

I am Crayax, God of Chaos and Madness, The Eternal Discord.

Fin, ender of tales, creator of history,

Two more join the game...

Two more and we will be good to go.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 03:29:21 pm by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2022, 03:34:26 pm »

Fin, ender of tales, creator of history, ever marching towards the future unchained.

Good luck and have fun writing, god games can get bloody at times.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2022, 03:36:30 pm »

Fin, ender of tales, creator of history, ever marching towards the future unchained.

Good luck and have fun writing, god games can get bloody at times.

Gonna be very bloody when the humans arrive. That is for sure.

Thanks for the thought.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2022, 03:36:49 pm »

It is. Yithr, the mad one. Spirit of iteration and synthesis. It holds all values equal provided that they encourage change.

Seeing that growth is being encouraged amongst thinking things and that this island is lacking in nutrition, encourage the native plants to utilize the incoming food source by adapting to catch and digest small animals.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2022, 03:38:16 pm »

It is. Yithr, the mad one. Spirit of iteration and synthesis. It holds all values equal provided that they encourage change.

Seeing that growth is being encouraged amongst thinking things and that this island is lacking in nutrition, encourage the native plants to utilize the incoming food source by adapting to catch and digest small animals.

One more, and we are starting. Anyone can still join anytime though.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2022, 03:46:53 pm »

Yithr, the mad one.

I’m a god of madness.

Does that mean…

I’m a god of a god? Sweet

Lmao

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2022, 03:50:11 pm »

Yithr, the mad one.

I’m a god of madness.

Does that mean…

I’m a god of a god? Sweet

Lmao

There are two madness gods huh?

There is nothing wrong with choosing the same domains, there are no such limitations. But we have two madness gods, one laziness god and a history nerd god.

Wonder how this will go? Anyways. We are set to go right about... now. Forget the fifth player. Waited enough.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 03:51:45 pm by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Be the gods of an island! | (Turn 1)
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2022, 03:57:55 pm »

I intentionally edged into cthun cryak Cryax's domain because I'm a troublemaker and the god of conflict cannot kill me in any way that matters.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2022, 04:04:19 pm »

(Full or still taking players?)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2022, 04:25:56 pm »

Turn 1

The island rumbles, yet the mountain bleeds not. It coughs a bout of smoke, and settles down as ever. And from its shade, forces see through their visions of the world through the blurry lenses of their instinct.

Ix takes upon themselves to inspire those which may listen in his way of understanding things around them. His encouragement of temperamental advancement, combined with both the aura of change that Crayax and Fin and the favoring of meat eating plants by Yithr, rapidly cultivates adaptations in the local flora and fauna, redefining the previously small ecology of the island in the process.

Most of the coastal areas are now covered in horizontal thickets of otherworldly, platform-like bushes, which nest and reproduce upon them some tiny, voracious penguin that skips from one bush to the other, chasing after beetles and worms, both of which prey to a species of moss that smothers its prey once it is caught by its glue.

Further inland is a forest of what appears to be coconut palms, which have arrived onto the island by the sea not long ago, having only grown larger in the short meantime. In these giant palm forests, predatory land seals prey on poorly flying, terrestrial seabirds by trapping them in prepared ditches. These land gulls in turn picket at the innumerable neotenic beetle larvae that eat from the trees leaves, both of which in turn getting eaten by carnivorous bushes that pulls and traps them inside its branches to suffocate them.

A array of gray fish swim in schools around the island, nibbling at the algea which have taken root all around the rich volcanic boulders.

All new life is well. The new forests spring up in moments in the eyes for the gods, and each creature is a mere blip in their attention span.

But they seem content, for now...

You guys used you actions to make an ecosystem, huh. I didn't include everything that evolved in this report, that would take too long. But in time many more animals may be revealed.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 04:23:36 am by Magmacube_tr »

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7