Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40

Author Topic: Shadow Empire PBEM round 2: game on  (Read 28452 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadow Empire PBEM round 2: game on
« Reply #375 on: November 24, 2022, 10:44:21 pm »

No dice rolling back; I have no way to do so. And I'd need to, because playing any stratagems throws errors and locks the game. This appears to be a widespread problem, so I'm not reporting it; others have already done so. None-the-less, I'm gonna need to wait for a patch...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 25, 2022, 07:39:48 am »

The fix is already out.

No dice rolling back; I have no way to do so.
You don't have access to the matrix version of the game?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 25, 2022, 08:10:35 am »

I do, but since it's what I normally play with, it was what got updated with the patch, and the Matrix version doesn't have its old beta patch versions available unless they're hiding someplace other than the beta thread on the forum that I don't know about.

OTOH, there's a fix patch out so it doesn't matter, and I'll slog through the turn shortly.

But lemme ask a WTH question similar to yours about my infantry HP. What does the freakish mutant commander of the 8th Dreadburghers (apparently one Marius Bonoux) look like? Before I crashed, an attack I launched on them showed him giving a OHQ bonus to his troops of ~600%. I've rarely if ever seen bonuses over 200%.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 25, 2022, 08:19:40 am »

(Ah, right. I was somehow convinced the previous patches were still linked to in the beta thread. My bad)

The guy has around 75 in operational command, infantry tactics, defensive tactics and deception. And most other skills, for that matter - but I think those are all that could affect this. I don't know how that makes a 600%.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 25, 2022, 11:50:19 am »

For what it's worth (not much at this point) prior patches aren't linked to, but are still hosted and accessible, you just have to manually edit the URL.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 25, 2022, 12:09:44 pm »

For what it's worth (not much at this point) prior patches aren't linked to, but are still hosted and accessible, you just have to manually edit the URL.
Good to know, thanks.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 25, 2022, 10:36:27 pm »

Still another patch, although I was fine without it.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 26, 2022, 09:06:52 am »

Ooh, we were too greedy! Too short-sighted. And now we're all going to die. Oh, the hubris! The hubris.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 26, 2022, 11:30:15 am »

IDK, you seem to be doing okay. Especially since I'm pretty sure at least some of my kills here are Hornstein and marauders, but I doubt any of my casualties are from them...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 26, 2022, 11:36:14 am »

Wait, I killed some planes? Did I miss that, or is that Hornstein too?

Anyway, it's all temporary! Empty, pyrrhic victories! Our doom is nigh. Oooh!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 26, 2022, 12:37:21 pm »

You missed them, after a fashion. My air bridge phase takes place after your turn, but before mine. Those planes got shot down paving the way for the 13th Montana Extra Militia Regiment, reflagged as the 13th Montana MilSec (Chairborne), to avenge the 200 of their number who died during your dastardly bombing raid on my capital. Your pilots, having been duly detained, are as we speak being reassigned to remedial cubical farms where they will remain until they complete sufficient paperwork to formally account for the losses arising from their illegal ordinance dumping, or until they die of old age.

Judging by how long last turn took and how convoluted things look from a preliminary eyeballing, this turn is gonna take a while to do (I suspect 1.5-2h if I'm thorough, and I can't afford not to). Just as a heads-up, I doubt I'll be able to sit down and slog through the rest of it before tonight.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 26, 2022, 12:48:24 pm »

I think we're all fine with slower turns by now.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 26, 2022, 01:03:33 pm »

Yes, but I didn't want to undermine Karlito's "If they're posting about it on the forums but I haven't received a turn, they probably forgot to send it" system.  :P

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 27, 2022, 06:53:23 pm »

I guess I dunno what else the AI is facing, but Hornstein apparently having all these brigades in reserve, but only deploying them when the front started to look even a little dicey is certainly a choice. Why not push them forward sooner and actually take the offensive? I suppose the alternative is that they're raising a full medium armor brigade every turn now which  :o

Anyway, where's the world ending atomic fire from the north?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 27, 2022, 11:45:23 pm »

They were pushing medium armor at me pretty steadily for a while, and I was eating it. They still seem to have some to throw forward and get eaten basically every turn, so IDK what's their deal; it does feel like they're just cranking out more continuously rather than having deep reserves.

So far, the world-ending nuclear fire has burnt... maybe 2k burghers? 2.5k on the outside? 1MT nukes aren't terribly impressive, TBH. Wave after wave of burghers with gauss rifles (although they should start switching to lasers this coming turn) has unsurprisingly proven far more impactful, or even propeller bomber wings.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40