Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - 13 - Guest Update  (Read 24582 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Aftermath (5 / 5) - 10
« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2023, 12:41:41 am »

((That went very well!  I'm very satisfied with how much we learned, it's kinda neat how the "tutorial mission" was just dropping weak enemies on us, and we figured so much out anyways.  Very eager to see what the next mission will have.

I'll mirror my words here.  I don't want to post them every update (it makes the words less searchable, and is a little annoying to make them presentable compared to my initial notes), and I don't like Discord in general.  Might add other people's words later, so we have a public reference.  Even if it's always a bit outdated.

For searching: Scintillant Dictionary.  Please don't quote.))

Tenae:
Spoiler: Rank 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rank 1 Tenae Notes (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2023, 02:01:32 am »

The Dream Codex - Soul Progression

Authorized information granted.

Cost to upgrade a Statistic: 2 Progression per point, raised by 1 Progression per threshold reached for that Statistic. A threshold occurs at every 3 points.
The threshold must already be reached for this increase in cost to apply.

Cost to access a new Domain: 10 Progression. Additionally, a newly developed major personal concept is required for Domain linkage.

Cost to expand a Domain's rank: 10 Progression for Rank 2, 16 Progression for Rank 3. ?? Progression for further Ranks, if any.
However, significantly expanding the personal concept associated with the linked Domain will cut this cost in half.

Cost to add a new Crest Trait: Varies. Starter Crest Traits cannot be added. Duplicate Crest Traits cannot be added.
--5 Progression | Essential Fabricator: You may make an Essence in the same [Turn] that you cast another spell, though the Essence will receive -1 to its Power/Control rolls consequently.  If you devote your entire [Turn] to making an Essence, reroll 1s up to once per roll used to make it.
--5 Progression | Specialty Caster: Choose 3 Words you currently have access to and encode them in this Crest. Once per [Turn], you may use 1 of those Words in a spell without counting it against your Words-per-[Turn] limit, and add +1 Power to the roll for that spell.
--4 Progression | Contingency Adept: Increases your capacity for saved contingency spells by 1. You automatically preserve saved contingency spells between missions.
--7 Progression | Barrier Overshroud: Automatically sets the first physical resilience roll per [Turn] to perfect. You may load an Essence into the Overshroud, in which case this protection will expend the Essence to launch a retaliatory strike.
Upgrades Barrier Jacket: Barrier Jacket’s charges are only expended after Barrier Overshroud’s defense is expended, and set physical resilience rolls to perfect instead of simply adding a bonus. If you do not lose any Barrier charges during a [Turn], regenerate 1, up to the maximum.

--3 Progression | Arcane Accuracy: For the purposes of aiming at targets only, Control rolls are treated as 1 greater without actually increasing.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 02:08:35 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2023, 02:04:38 am »

What is a personal concept?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2023, 02:10:42 am »

A meaningful ideal that defines part or all of your character. If, without it, your character would be a soulless husk instead of an actual person, then it's a personal concept.

Domains must mean something, in addition to the Progression cost, if you wish to gain one.

Or in other words it's an incentive to develop your characters.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2023, 06:17:29 pm »

Improve Might by 1.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2023, 06:18:46 pm »

not spending points

closing my book after reading the updated contents, my sense of urgency merged with curiosity cause me to once more try and see if I can only use the Words in designated areas:
"Taqquin"
I need to understand this. I'm holding a dangerous power, one that could easilly hurt the others. But if I master it, it would be amazing.
Especially the fire word. It's just so cool! but still...

Spoiler: Golden Flare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: spell notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 12:55:47 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2023, 06:23:23 pm »

Improve Might by 1.

Do this by picking up the cat creature and yelling at it.  "Make me stronger!  I want the earth to tremble under my footsteps."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 06:25:21 pm by Devastator »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2023, 06:54:38 pm »

Improve Power by 1

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Surveying the Realm (5 / 5)
« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2023, 09:36:17 pm »

The world is once more fluid around you. Your various aches and pains are gone, and your Heart beats soundly. Despite how it seems you've been resting on the pitch-black stone for hours or days, your uniform is unfazed. It's an expression of who and what you are, after all. Ideas can only be defeated by other ideas.

"Welcome back. Your souls have progressed in size and density, and are potentially ready for improvement. Please state your developmental wishes. If feasible, they will be fulfilled.

Do this by picking up the cat creature and yelling at it.  "Make me stronger!  I want the earth to tremble under my footsteps."

Your wishes are pretty clear, you feel. No part of them included having the thing's spike-tail drive itself into your soul and start etching, uncaring of the pain you feel.

The pain isn't any lesser, but it is somehow more bearable, like your capacity to endure has increased.

closing my book after reading the updated contents, my sense of urgency merged with curiosity cause me to once more try and see if I can only use the Words in designated areas:
"Taqquin"
I need to understand this. I'm holding a dangerous power, one that could easilly hurt the others. But if I master it, it would be amazing.
Especially the fire word. It's just so cool! but still...

As you watch the remainder of your teammates receive painful soul inscriptions to improve their Crests, you are the only one to refrain.

That's alright. You have longer term plans. Besides, you need to try something.

You speak a Word. It doesn't do anything. No power is drawn, and without power, you cannot shape.

No. Wait. That isn't quite right. You've cast enough spells to understand the basics of the process. Power is gathered by force, fed into the framework of the Words, and then control is exerted over it through will.

Power flows through you, drawn from the Dream. You control it, shape it like putty. But the framework of the Word is missing. Why is the framework missing?

"Crest alterations have been completed. No Incursions have been detected. Some unclear anomalous readings have been detected. An exploration expedition will now be organized."

The floor under your feet changes to crystal glass, something you can see through quite easily. Far below you, you can spot the small forms of the obelisks of the circle you fought the prior Incursion at. But it seems that the desert of squishy purple sands isn't all there is to the Inner Realm.

You look down at a gigantic disk of land with fuzzy edges. At the very center there is a forest of dense lampposts, wind chimes hanging from them, casting dark auras rather than light. The desert you were in is to one side of that forest, but the edge of it curves upwards, perpendicular to the ground, and on the resulting surface there exists a huge maze made of cobbled blue stone.

On the other side of the lamppost forest, there are hundreds of silvery metallic slabs covered in metallic tracery, levitating above a sea of golden, steaming sludge, connected by bridges of hard light.

An endless modern suburb, overgrown by red and black brambles, vines, and trees, occupies one of the remaining sections of the disk.

The other section is a grassy plain covered in steel needle-grass, adorned by three inverted mountains, balancing perfectly on their tips, the middle one dwarfing the other two.

"Where do you wish to go?"

The Labyrinth on the Edge: In one section of the Labyrinth, the Inner Realm is humming.

The Overgrown Suburb: There is a strange absence of energy within a section of the Suburb.

Spoiler: New Example Sheet (click to show/hide)

((Creations and Essences can be compressed to a single line when not in use. 'value' is your stat value, 'modifier' is your total modifier to rolls governed by that stat, 'rank' is your current rank in a Domain.))

((You don't have to track everything you make under Creations, only the things actively in use, or readiness, by you or under your control. If something would be tracked under both Status and Creations, track it only under Status.))
Generic Arms Race.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 23, 2023, 09:59:58 pm »

"I think I like the suburb.  It looks like there's more places to hide, and it'll be easier to get in close."

Spoiler: Skylord (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 10:20:49 pm by Devastator »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2023, 10:06:00 pm »

(Roll modifiers given by Crest Traits can still be included in the roll modifiers slot. Makes it a more concise reference for me.)
Generic Arms Race.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 23, 2023, 10:24:47 pm »

"Both areas seem like we should check on them, but I think the void in the suburb might be an opening for stuff to slip in, so I'd like to go there first."

Spoiler: Golden Flare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: spell notes (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 24, 2023, 07:50:05 pm »

Heavenly Clerk looks distracted "Eh? Oh yeah a suburb sounds nice! Uhm by the way administrator when uh... when do we get paid?"

Spoiler:  Heavenly Clerk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Records (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 02:00:24 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams
« Reply #179 on: April 24, 2023, 08:00:14 pm »

Ignorance's W̸͕̾̓i̷͔̅t̶̖̘͈̏͗̆c̸̟͖͗̀̐̑h̵̥͓͎͔̄̚

Her body tilts down to observe the inner realm. Her monocle betrays nothing. Nothing at all.
"Query. What is my purpose here, if there are no hostiles to be destroyed?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 08:02:06 pm by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24