Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - 13 - Guest Update  (Read 21073 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Urban Glenn (5 / 5) - 2
« Reply #225 on: June 02, 2023, 02:37:36 pm »

"If we're not welcome here, it means we're going in the right direction."

Lets try out one more spell before any fighting starts.  Direct this towards something nearby, like a lamppost or fire hydrant or mailbox.  Some sidewalk clutter.

Teccanna Pastyle!

If not interrupted, continue heading southwards, sticking with the rest of the party.

Spoiler: Skylord (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Word Scratchpad (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 11:00:00 pm by Devastator »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 02, 2023, 02:39:05 pm »

"Sharp does sound like fun.  Claws would make punching things work a lot better.  And if I get any stronger, maybe I can hit things with like a sharp lamppost or something."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 02, 2023, 02:41:16 pm »

"East or South first? I think the South path is clearer so I'd prefer to go that way."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 02, 2023, 02:56:34 pm »

"East or South first? I think the South path is clearer so I'd prefer to go that way."
"South sounds nice! Never was that big of a fan of east... or west... or cardinal directions in general!"

Continue moving with the group!
Spoiler:  Heavenly Clerk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Records (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 06, 2023, 12:26:15 pm »

Luna will hang the potion of Ulvulme around her neck.  Once the party seems set on heading south, slip away to head East -> East -> South -> South.  Try to contact them, telling them about what this area looks like if it's any different, or just saying it looks the same with no monsters or anything notable.  Which would be boring.

While walking, cast this spell: "Nuuleq beqquel nerel vzzrl."  Try to grab the result and carry it along, if it doesn't seem overtly dangerous.

Spoiler: Luna's Vestige (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2023, 12:29:36 am »

"I think carefully imagining what spell result you want will make it easier to shape it. At least, it seemed like that just now when I tried it."
Craft another essence of Taqquin
Travel South->South->South->East

You're learning more about this power you wield every minute.

(Power: 4)
(Control: 4)

You gather a sphere of power, which streams into a simple node. You cap it off and store it in your Crest.

[Gain +1P/+1C Essence of Taqquin.]

Ignorance's W̸͕̾̓i̷͔̅t̶̖̘͈̏͗̆c̸̟͖͗̀̐̑h̵̥͓͎͔̄̚

Better than nothing. She slips the earmuffs over her ears, hoping to block out at least some noise.

"Cat. How shall I embody Reaoh in my personal development? This seems to be a step to becoming more powerful and increasing the efficiency of dispersing Outsiders."

That Essence should be safe to use, at least. "Gottem <Nek>", she casts her palm at the asphalt, picturing a perfect bubble of water.

"Retrieving data. Partial recovery complete. If you wish to embody Reaoh, it is advised to be capricious and seek personal freedom."

(Power: 2-2=0)
(Control: 3+2+1=6)

You hold out your hand, and your spell form bleeds its power to naught before you can finalize it.

Properly formed Essences truly are a treasure, it seems. This was nothing of the sort.

"If we're not welcome here, it means we're going in the right direction."

Lets try out one more spell before any fighting starts.  Direct this towards something nearby, like a lamppost or fire hydrant or mailbox.  Some sidewalk clutter.

Teccanna Pastyle!

If not interrupted, continue heading southwards, sticking with the rest of the party.

Okay, okay. You have a hunch.

(Power: 5)
(Control: 5)

A long cord of thorn-covered vine twists from your hand and lashes out, striking a mailbox and dislodging it from the ground with brutal force. The vine-whip... doesn't actually fade, instead coiling around your hand, ready to be used again. Though given that it's an unrooted plant with nothing to feed on, it'll probably die sooner or later.

Unless it's feeding on your blood.

... You don't think it's doing that, thankfully.

"South sounds nice! Never was that big of a fan of east... or west... or cardinal directions in general!"

Continue moving with the group!

Well, the group seems to have split apart a bit, but you'll keep going south with Flare and Skylord!

Nothing bad ever comes out of splitting the party. You know that much.

Luna will hang the potion of Ulvulme around her neck.  Once the party seems set on heading south, slip away to head East -> East -> South -> South.  Try to contact them, telling them about what this area looks like if it's any different, or just saying it looks the same with no monsters or anything notable.  Which would be boring.

While walking, cast this spell: "Nuuleq beqquel nerel vzzrl."  Try to grab the result and carry it along, if it doesn't seem overtly dangerous.

Alright. Time to see if you're actually speaking aloud, or if your voices are just another facet of telepathy, as Ignorance's map optimization suggests.

You slip aside.

(Power: 1)
(Control: 2+1=3)

A tiny torn thread of dim shadows materializes in your palm.

Okay, you probably didn't use enough power for that one to reach its full potency.

Testing, testing, one two...

There's not much where you are to describe, but you can hear Ignorance's surprised reaction to a new foe. It seems you can communicate across a great distance with ease, unless something were to interfere.

It seems you have split your paths into three. Golden Flare, Skylord, and the Heavenly Clerk have headed southward, while Luna's Vestige, intent on testing a theory, has walked eastward.

The tension snaps, and it looks like Ignorance's Witch is all alone, having forgotten to move at all.

It's not good to be alone.

Make some new friends, why don't you?

A door swings open and a willowy, humanoid doll of cloth, twigs, brambles, and nails steps out onto the sidewalk.

This is no Outsider, just a nightmare with sufficient magnitude to take shape here.

It will not be the last.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Key (click to show/hide)

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Urban Glenn (5 / 5) - 3
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2023, 12:36:14 am »

"...Don't tell me what to do."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 11, 2023, 12:49:45 am »

« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 12:58:59 am by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 11, 2023, 12:53:21 am »

((Egan's Map is better than a text map, but Fallacy, for future reference, it would be nicer if you just used a monospace font instead of courier.  Also using tt to represent a different icon isn't really clear.  Below is a spoiler with the font set to "monospace" (tt also works for me, but not everyone IIRC).  It's a little unclear which icons are bold, but it's at least mostly readable.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 11, 2023, 02:12:54 am »

"Cat. How shall I embody Reaoh in my personal development? This seems to be a step to becoming more powerful and increasing the efficiency of dispersing Outsiders."
"Retrieving data. Partial recovery complete. If you wish to embody Reaoh, it is advised to be capricious and seek personal freedom."
Very interesting, and a very good question to ask.
"Interesting. What about Luxhart and Myrhast?"
I ask the Guide to tell me about the two domains that most interest me.

wait, we're missing people, where-
I check around myself and then upon the map for where the other two had gone.
"Oh no, we're missing people. I'm doubling back for Ignorance!"
Run back West->North->North->North
If I encounter Ignorance while I'm moving, then I switch directions to move with Ignorance.
I need to keep testing. I still have words that I haven't attempted at all.
While running, test the following single-word spells:
"Sparnelsparnel"
"Toknel"
"Sheres"

Spoiler: Golden Flare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: spellbook (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 05:37:48 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 12, 2023, 04:35:13 pm »

"Shout if you need help.  I'll defend this street."

Move East, South, to set up in the middle of the street.

I bet this thing is made from magic, not anything physical.  I think I can just create things or make them out of nothing.

Hmm.. Luna said all you have to do is want it enough.  Well, I've got to wait for the others to catch up, so lets give that a try, now that I'm properly armed.

Sit down and try to will myself stronger.  Close my eyes and try to feel my soul.  Repeat a mantra about how my strength is like the earth below, an immense and untouchable foundation that is the basis for everything I wish to do.  Try to draw energy from it, into my crest.

Spoiler: Skylord (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: word scratchpad (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 10:34:22 pm by Devastator »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 13, 2023, 02:45:10 am »

Heavenly Clerk notices Golden Flare running off and tries to get her attention "WAIT DON'T SPLIT UP! That always goes bad in horror... movies..." Clerk sighs as Golden Flare runs out of sight "Well... atleast we all are still together isn't that right Skylord?" Clerk notices Skylord is leaving as well. "Oh geez! Wait come baaackkkkkk!"

Follow after Skylord!
Spoiler:  Heavenly Clerk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Records (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams
« Reply #237 on: June 14, 2023, 09:32:27 pm »

"Pleased to meet you. What is your name? Would you care to be made independent?"

If the creature thingie accepts or doesn't acknowledge me, cast Aaazzz directly upon it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2023, 12:18:15 am »

<Splitting up isn't so bad.  We can still talk to each other, even at a distance; if we encounter serious trouble, we can reunite.  I'll continue ahead and scout the southwestern anomaly.>

Head south four times, try to cast "Nuuleq beqquel nerel vzzrl." again.  Try to grab and carry the result, if it seems safe to do so.

Spoiler: Luna's Vestige (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Urban Glenn (5 / 5) - 4
« Reply #239 on: August 20, 2023, 09:09:52 pm »

[Initiative:]

Quote from: Defenders
Golden Flare (Lenglon): 53+40=93
Skylord (Devastator): 81
Heavenly Clerk (Fluffe9911): 44
Ignorance's Witch (Egan_BW): 34
Luna's Vestige (syvarris): 2
Quote from: Nightmares
Child of the Househedge 1: 93

Very interesting, and a very good question to ask.
"Interesting. What about Luxhart and Myrhast?"
I ask the Guide to tell me about the two domains that most interest me.

"Retrieving data. Partial recovery complete. Luxhart is the embodiment of inspiration and hope, a brilliant luminosity. Myrhast wishes to carve its path through all obstacles and foes, leaving wreckage in its wake."

Destruction. Light. What gives these domains the power they hold, anyways?

wait, we're missing people, where-
I check around myself and then upon the map for where the other two had gone.
"Oh no, we're missing people. I'm doubling back for Ignorance!"
Run back West->North->North->North
If I encounter Ignorance while I'm moving, then I switch directions to move with Ignorance.
I need to keep testing. I still have words that I haven't attempted at all.
While running, test the following single-word spells:
"Sparnelsparnel"
"Toknel"
"Sheres"

Suddenly you realize Ignorance has fallen behind, and something within your soul burns as you rush back to her location, hoping you get there in time. There's still magic that needs testing, though, and you invoke a few quick spells as you run.

(Power: 2)
(Control: 4)

One of your steps puts cracks into a section of pavement underneath, sending up chips of concrete.

(Power: 3)
(Control: 3-1=2)

A small flicker of red energy is propelled from you, flying towards where you remember Ignorance is, roughly, but it fizzles out before traveling more than a short distance.

(Power: 3)
(Control: 5-2=3)

Reddish oil drips from your fingers for a few seconds, splattering the ground behind you.

Quote from: Child of the Househedge
Meaningless utterances. She speaks in the language of the living! Tear down her soul's bones!

(Projectile: 4)

The doll-thing twists, launching a large, rusty nail from its arm towards its new playmate.

(Evasion: 3-1=2)

Ignorance, caught off guard by the doll's sudden attack, is struck by the nail in the arm.

(Resilience: 5)

It leaves a bloody scratch, but bounces off, instead of embedding itself. The doll seems to scowl.

It's this scene which Golden Flare arrives to.

"Shout if you need help.  I'll defend this street."

Move East, South, to set up in the middle of the street.

I bet this thing is made from magic, not anything physical.  I think I can just create things or make them out of nothing.

Hmm.. Luna said all you have to do is want it enough.  Well, I've got to wait for the others to catch up, so lets give that a try, now that I'm properly armed.

Sit down and try to will myself stronger.  Close my eyes and try to feel my soul.  Repeat a mantra about how my strength is like the earth below, an immense and untouchable foundation that is the basis for everything I wish to do.  Try to draw energy from it, into my crest.

This place is a dream, right? As the Clerk chases after you, you jog east and south, and sit down. Okay. You can do this.

Your eyes shut like stones sliding down a mountain.

(Unknown: 3)

Eyes. Ears. Toes. Hair.

It's funny that you can feel your hair as if it's a living part of your body, but then again, your body is a dream, too.

But where is your soul?

Hm.

Fine. You won't be deterred that easily.

(Heart: 3)

Or maybe you will be, as Clerk catches up, her footsteps upon the false asphalt disrupting your focus.

Heavenly Clerk notices Golden Flare running off and tries to get her attention "WAIT DON'T SPLIT UP! That always goes bad in horror... movies..." Clerk sighs as Golden Flare runs out of sight "Well... atleast we all are still together isn't that right Skylord?" Clerk notices Skylord is leaving as well. "Oh geez! Wait come baaackkkkkk!"

Follow after Skylord!

Wait where is everyone going? Nope, nope nope, you're not getting left alone! You chase after Skylord, even if she outpaces you.

She looks a bit miffed when you arrive, for some reason.

"Pleased to meet you. What is your name? Would you care to be made independent?"

If the creature thingie accepts or doesn't acknowledge me, cast Aaazzz directly upon it.

What an odd thing. That nail was trying to grow into you, you could feel it. Well, you may as well return the favor.

It certainly seemed to acknowledge your words, even if it didn't try to communicate.

(Power: 1)
(Control: 5+1=6)

You gesture, and invoke your word of power - the perfectly formed structure fails to draw in any power, and collapses.

Sometimes you hate magic.

<Splitting up isn't so bad.  We can still talk to each other, even at a distance; if we encounter serious trouble, we can reunite.  I'll continue ahead and scout the southwestern anomaly.>

Head south four times, try to cast "Nuuleq beqquel nerel vzzrl." again.  Try to grab and carry the result, if it seems safe to do so.

You shake your head, realizing you've been lost in thought for a while.

Oh well, you can still make good time.

You head south, cloak fluttering in no wind at all. Words are spoken, one at a time, linked into clarity, a beautiful chain.

(Power: 5)
(Control: 6+1=7)

You stitch into existence a long, hooded cloak, that seems to be made of woven, corporeal shadow. You are half-convinced you're just holding another shadow, a trick of the light that has no form, but as you hold onto it with your hands, you can feel the tangibility of it, no matter how much your eyes try to tell you it's just a shadow.

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24