Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - 13 - Guest Update  (Read 24553 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Welcome To The World Of Your Dreams (5 / 5)
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2023, 06:13:01 pm »

"The pain!  What was with that pain?"

The green being stares at you blankly. "Crest allocation requires that the soul of the recipient be engraved. This has been described as a 'painful' process by some past defenders."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2023, 06:14:38 pm »

"How do we use this Crest? What kind of Dream-space manipulations?"

Spoiler: Golden Flare (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2023, 07:02:53 pm »

"How do we use this Crest? What kind of Dream-space manipulations?"

"Your Crests provide passive augmentations at all times, as well as Domain access. Domain access is performed by the utilization of Domain-access keywords. Dream-space manipulation is a highly versatile field, which includes the creation of constructs, the launching of elemental attacks, and the usage of conceptual invocations, among other techniques."

The cat-thing flicks its tail once, which flares with green light.

"Access to the current Codex iteration has been provided. The necessary keywords to perform Domain access are provided within the appropriate section of the Codex. Due to your lack of development, only one Domain may currently be accessed per defender. Codex information will be incomplete until expanded upon."

The cat-thing pauses, then continues echoing its mind-voice through your minds.

"Usage of the keywords will be ineffective until the Inner Gate's hidden space has been exited, due to dream-space partitioning. Questions may still be asked for a short period, after which access to the full Inner Realm of Dreams will be provided. An Incursion of Outsiders is predicted to arrive soon."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2023, 07:13:42 pm »

Ignorance stands still, waiting for something. After a moment, she moves just one hand to adjust her monocle.
"I was informed that some Keywords may be interchangeable between Domains. This does not appear to be the case."

I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2023, 07:29:57 pm »

"Is there a safe way to test the keywords? If so, what is it?"

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2023, 07:36:46 pm »

Ignorance stands still, waiting for something. After a moment, she moves just one hand to adjust her monocle.
"I was informed that some Keywords may be interchangeable between Domains. This does not appear to be the case."

The cat-thing turns its head, though no matter where it looks, you feel its eyes on you.

"Domains exist distinct from one another. The functionality of some keywords may overlap in areas, however the words themselves will not."

"Is there a safe way to test the keywords? If so, what is it?"

"There is no completely safe way to test your accessible keywords. Reasonable safety precautions may serve to prevent injury. In the event that a contractee is injured, returning to the Inner Gate will allow for reconstruction and restoration of their physical form. Death cannot be reversed, but death caused by testing keywords is non-probable."
Generic Arms Race.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2023, 07:40:19 pm »

"Does the Keyword Arquebus create an arquebus."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2023, 07:43:20 pm »

"Does the Keyword Arquebus create an arquebus."

"Answer unknown."
Generic Arms Race.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2023, 07:59:10 pm »

"What forms shall the Outsiders take?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2023, 08:06:32 pm »

"Can we earn access to other domains than we started with? If so, how?"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2023, 08:19:05 pm »

"What forms shall the Outsiders take?"

The green entity pauses, dipping its head, seeming to process your request for information.

"Distorted beasts and humanoids have been commonly encountered. Distorted forms of myth have also been encountered. The limited available records imply further forms."

"Can we earn access to other domains than we started with? If so, how?"

"Your soul will grow in capacity as you grow in experience as a contracted defender. This will allow for expansion of your Crest. An expanded Crest may potentially allow for access to additional Domains, or greater access to already-present Domains."

"An incoming Incursion has been detected. Have all pertinent questions been answered? Suppression of the Incursion will be less difficult if available defenders deploy in advance of its arrival."

The creature's tail swings back and forth idly, as its spines seem to grow straighter, and sharpen.
Generic Arms Race.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2023, 08:21:37 pm »

The cat-thing flicks its tail. ”This entity is a general utility and administrative construct. The Outsiders are congealed fragments of the psychic negative mass generated by humankind. The Outsiders must be repelled at all costs in order to prevent the destruction of humanity.”
While everyone else asks a ton of questions she takes a minute to process the cat-things words "Oh... I see... so like... a robot! What an advanced company..." She puts her hand on her chin and nods to herself "Yeah a robot! So... since we are fighting negative feelings that would make us all... therapists then!" She beams proudly having felt like she worked everything out.
Spoiler:  Heavenly Clerk (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2023, 08:32:25 pm »

"Let us depart."

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2023, 08:59:49 pm »

"An incoming Incursion has been detected. Have all pertinent questions been answered? Suppression of the Incursion will be less difficult if available defenders deploy in advance of its arrival."
"Let us depart."
Her expression returns back to a resting face "Ah right yes... sorry got ahead of myself it's time for our first day of work. I won't let you down, administrator!" She gives the cat robot thing one final bow.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2023, 01:10:19 am »

While everyone else asks a ton of questions she takes a minute to process the cat-things words "Oh... I see... so like... a robot! What an advanced company..." She puts her hand on her chin and nods to herself "Yeah a robot! So... since we are fighting negative feelings that would make us all... therapists then!" She beams proudly having felt like she worked everything out.

"Additional title for contractors noted."

The cat-thing remains still.

"Let us depart."
Her expression returns back to a resting face "Ah right yes... sorry got ahead of myself it's time for our first day of work. I won't let you down, administrator!" She gives the cat robot thing one final bow.

"Understood. Defenders - your performance will influence whether humanity survives or is destroyed. This entity may not leave the Inner Gate undefended. However, it will remain in communication."

The sky is one color, certainly, but which it is seems to change every time you return to noticing it. If there is a sun, you cannot see it, but nonetheless the world around you is bright.

There is no sign of the staircase of amber slabs you ascended to reach this wasteland of purple, grainy, sweet-smelling sand. When one of your footsteps strikes the sands, the sand seems to compress, briefly, like a particulate sponge. In the distance ahead there is a set of tall, triangular blue stones, sand-stained but standing tall.

"You have been transported to near the site of the predicted Incursion. Approach the monoliths and prepare a defense. Travel to the site is expected to take [1 Turn]. The Incursion is expected to enter this reality [3 Turns] from now. Expect a weak force. The Outsiders must take time to prepare their more destructive creatures."

((Updated Codex with information on casting and Essences.))
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 01:24:10 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24