Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: The Gate of Dreams - Wretched Nest (5 / 5) - 13 - Guest Update  (Read 21071 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Stepping Onto Sand (5 / 5) - 2
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2023, 08:12:09 pm »

fal those are the exact same rolls I got for my last spell tell your dice to get new material.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2023, 08:21:23 pm »

"Got it."
Though my face is calm, my tail is anything but still. I've found something I can work with, found a pattern to this, and found my limit.

I aim noticeably further away for this spell test.
"Taqquin Taqquin"
"Annul"
spells testing
if and ONLY if I am not drained by the final spell, I attempt to make and store an essence of Taqquin.
after I finish this test, I move closer to the concentrated hate, attempting to put it on the edge of my estimated spell range, in preparation for my intended first act of the incursion.

Spoiler: Golden Flare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: spell notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 08:37:03 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2023, 08:31:25 pm »

Ignorance's W̸͕̾̓i̷͔̅t̶̖̘͈̏͗̆c̸̟͖͗̀̐̑h̵̥͓͎͔̄̚

Ignorance observes the purple cloud, enlightened.

"Zazzalalazzaz Gottem Arquebus! Floppa!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 09:23:56 am by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2023, 08:32:32 pm »

fal those are the exact same rolls I got for my last spell tell your dice to get new material.
((Random.org is not always kind. If it helps, I'm learning from these experimental results and will use gathered data to create balancing mechanics.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2023, 08:39:33 pm »

Also it looked like 1 heart got three words per turn and 3 heart got four. Those results look odd to me so I'll mention them in case there's a mistake. It could easily also be correct for multiple reasons, of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2023, 08:42:33 pm »

Also it looked like 1 heart got three words per turn and 3 heart got four. Those results look odd to me so I'll mention them in case there's a mistake. It could easily also be correct for multiple reasons, of course.
See likely culprit here.
Quote from: From OP under Character Creation
(0 points adds a -1 roll penalty, 1 has no penalty, every 3 more than 0 adds +1 to rolls in the category)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2023, 09:25:40 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2023, 10:30:29 pm »

As the orb gets bigger and the aura of hate it gives off gets stronger Heavenly Clerk begins slowly backing away "Uhh... guys? The uhh... the orb is getting bigger! I think we should prepare to start the therapy session!" As she looks around and notices everyones too busy doing weird magical things with words to pay attention to her she begins to sweat a little "Oh jeez..."

Alright time for a uhh... battle stance! N-not that im scared or anything like that im just err prepping myself for the client! Surely they would be restrained if they are really dangerous right RIGHT? Oh gosh I'm not paid enough for this!

Spoiler:  Heavenly Clerk (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 11:59:52 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2023, 10:50:28 pm »

"You figured out your spell to use when they attack you?"

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2023, 10:56:02 pm »

"You figured out your spell to use when they attack you?"
Heavenly Clerk looks over at her confused "Eh? Spell? You mean those weird word jumbles everyone's yelling out? I mean I tried one of them and it made me glow for a second... regardless surely we can just talk to them and work out their problems right? Isn't that our jobs?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2023, 10:58:56 pm »

"Aren't they trying to kill us?"

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2023, 11:03:43 pm »

"Aren't they trying to kill us?"
"Are they?!?!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2023, 11:07:46 pm »

"That's the briefing I heard. You should hurry up and figure out how to defend yourself."

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2023, 11:57:00 pm »

"That's the briefing I heard. You should hurry up and figure out how to defend yourself."
"Well that isn't what I heard!"

Heavenly Clerk scratches the back of her head "Ehh regardless as silly as it is I guess some more practice with those weird word things can't hurt... just in case!" She takes a deep breath and points at some sand nearby "PERIWINKLE! Wait no... errr SCHINOBRO! Hmm no that aint it uhhh Aguilegog?"

Spoiler:  Heavenly Clerk (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Stepping Onto Sand (5 / 5)
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2023, 12:42:44 am »

Luna walks past the others, towards the growing black mass, her left hand gripping something.  Without a word, she hucks a piece of blackened bone into the ripple of hatred.  She watches for a second, observing the result of her brash little experiment.

"Well.  I hope all of you are ready.  Has anyone figured out how to make a weapon of some kind?  The best things I can do so far are smoke and ash."

She sweeps her gaze across her allies after that, eventually giving Heavenly Clerk a pitying look.  She walks over to the girl, patting her on the shoulder and speaking warmly.  "Don't fear your magic.  And stay close; we're in this together, okay?  Just focus on learning your magic, try and find a couple words that do something useful together.  We'll keep you safe when the outsiders come."

She then turns back towards the ripple of black hatred, and chants a couple more spells:  "Zorthul Harnenza.  Nevbek Cruulvous!"

((So much for heart being words-per-spell.  I agree with Leng, it's modifying a words-per-turn cap of 3.  Fallacy said on page 1 that heart 2 does do something, so my working guess is that we can burn heart for more mana.  It would line up perfectly well with the suggestion to "take from the well instead of its contents".))

Spoiler: Luna's Vestige (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24