Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Number of Ages  (Read 1143 times)

BlackAion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Number of Ages
« on: September 24, 2022, 03:22:49 pm »

I would be very interested to know how many ages your world went through as you played it and if the world went through multiple ages of heroes or even multiple ages of Myths.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
Re: The Number of Ages
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 09:28:03 pm »

i mean try looking at the musuem III adventure mode succession game, it has like plenty of world ages it went through and has even go through different ages other then another age of myth or age of legends or age of heroes, like there's other ages like The Golden Age and The Twilight Age and stuff like that, now it's in it's second twilight age basically
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

BlackAion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 11:45:30 pm »

Let me rephrase. I would be very interested in knowing how many Ages people went through as they played their games, and how it happened. My hope is that we can compile a number of stories detailing the many ways ages can start, end or even restart.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 04:30:59 am »

Let me rephrase. I would be very interested in knowing how many Ages people went through as they played their games, and how it happened. My hope is that we can compile a number of stories detailing the many ways ages can start, end or even restart.
ooooh
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 02:31:18 pm »

You mean like this?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

BlackAion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2022, 02:52:26 pm »

You mean like this?

Yes just like that. I wish to know which age the world started it, how it progressed beyond that, which Ages it went through, how THOSE ages began and ended, if any ages restarted etc.

For example, World generation starts and upon embarking the world is still in the Age Of Myth. A certain amount of demons are killed which leads to the game announcing the Age of Legends and eventually the Age of Heroes. Then lets say something happens, someone somewhere finds a tome of necromancy and becomes a necromancer or Vampires start repopulating, or you were very lucky and your world started out with a breeding pair of dragons/rocs eventually leading to the Age of Legends again. I want to know all the details of how each age began and how or why it ended or restarted.

Since Toady will start revamping and expanding how magic works, what living gods/megabeasts/semi-megabeasts can do, I also want to compare how the Ages progress before and after Myth And Magic Update.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 02:55:54 pm by BlackAion »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2022, 08:00:15 pm »

Well, it is rare so you might just be better off skimming that wiki article since it details fairly clearly how and why ages start / relapse.

I recall the one time I affected a change was through the killing of a bronze colossus, resulting in a shift from the Age of Myth to the Age of Legends

BlackAion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2022, 10:33:51 pm »

Well, it is rare so you might just be better off skimming that wiki article since it details fairly clearly how and why ages start / relapse.

I recall the one time I affected a change was through the killing of a bronze colossus, resulting in a shift from the Age of Myth to the Age of Legends

The wiki is scant on details when it comes to Ages. Besides I want player experience on how their actions or the actions of others led to the shifting of ages.