Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stone items not showing up in embark screen  (Read 655 times)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stone items not showing up in embark screen
« on: September 26, 2022, 09:24:39 am »

So I'm doing some minor modding to get a primitive type playthrough.  The plan is to make metals really scarce so stone, leather, and bone items are more frequently used.  I've gotten it so that when I gen up a new world and do a fresh embark I can make stone weapons, have bone breastplates are now also added and craftable, and animals produce more leather based on the glob function.

That said though, when on the embark screen where you purchase the things your initial embark starts with, tools/weapons like battle axes are still all their metal equivalents with no stone options.  I also couldn't get picks to show up as craftable with stone though this is less bothersome honestly, though maybe a bone option for picks would be nice once I sharpen my modding skills up a bit.  Is this indicative that other civilizations in the world wont use stone weapons in leu of metal despite the lack thereof, and it's something only a player fort can utilize?

There are probably mods available that'd solve all these problems for me, I know, but would like to get an idea how this all works and make a few mods myself.