Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Cyberpunk'd  (Read 2136 times)

Eniteris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk'd
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2022, 11:49:35 am »

Drink that bottle of alcohol I have, if it turns out to be empty look through the buildings until I see a bottle that isn't.

Your bottle of alcohol is empty. You are completely dry. You can't remember the last time you were like this.

You also spent all your credits, so buying another bottle is not in the cards.

Looking through the windows you can't exactly see any bottles of alcohol. Only the corpo shit have built in trackers, and you doubt you'd set eyes on a bottle like that in a place like this. But you do see the thermals and computers, and there's a fridge in the building you're next to that says that a shipment of Sapporo came in last week. It's a big fridge, and the place looks like a restaurant with a reasonable sit-down place up front. The payment kiosk is locked up tight, though you can place an order over the air if you had any credits.

Other fridges seem to be around, but none are smart enough to know what's inside. A couple with a cold can each with their dinner in the building across the way.

That's all you can see from your alley, but there's a corner store a little up the street that you go to pretty often.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2022, 11:54:53 am »

If the humans have ghosts in them, that makes them easy to keep track of. Check that the coast is clear, and infiltrate the building.
Perhaps there's a small opening with a Locke which the humans themselves don't use?
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Eniteris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2022, 01:56:17 pm »

If the humans have ghosts in them, that makes them easy to keep track of. Check that the coast is clear, and infiltrate the building.
Perhaps there's a small opening with a Locke which the humans themselves don't use?

You fly to the building, bright and loud in your vision. The roof of the building is mostly flat, but strewn with what appears to be a bunch of electrical equipment, including one of those giant glowing metal trees the humans seem to be very fond of putting up everywhere. The bright lights get you a little dizzy, but the ghost itself is somewhere deeper inside the building.

Luckily, no one seems to be out on the roof. You poke around the maze of machinery, and prying open a rubber stopper you find a hole that your worm can use to talk to ghosts. It's directly under the metal tree, and when you look into the light you feel a little nauseous.

There's two small sheds on the roof as well, both with holes for your worm, and holes next to doors usually means meeting Locke. One looks like it goes downwards, while the other looks like it would be a small room.

Maybe you should try talking with your worm?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2022, 03:03:48 pm »

Talk to the tree, claiming that I am Mister Hooman requesting an update from my subordinate.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2022, 03:34:37 am »

Smash my bottle in frustration at its being empty then look around that restaurant for a back door or window that I could potentially get into.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2022, 01:25:35 pm »

not without meeting locke you won't

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2022, 03:17:10 am »

That's why I have the tire iron, it's like a key but requires a little more effort to use.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2022, 08:04:49 pm »

follow the brighter leyline

We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Eniteris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2022, 07:06:00 am »

Talk to the tree, claiming that I am Mister Hooman requesting an update from my subordinate.

You swagger up to the big shiny tree, ignoring the dizziness in your head, and pull the worm out of your breast feathers. It wriggles a bit but you manage to plug it into the hole.

Locke is there to greet you. It's always Locke. You can count on your feathers the number of times Locke wasn't the first ghost you'd talk to after plugging in. You put on your best human impression and prepare to bluff your way in.

Unfortunately, "Mister Hooman" is not authorized to access this device, even though he does very human things like pay taxes and have depression. You puzzle around a bit, doing human things like "ask to see Locke's manager", but none of it seems to be working.

Maybe the headache is getting to you.

Anyways, Locke is saying something that you can't understand because you don't speak human, but it sounds like when humans try to fight you for your food. Maybe you should give up on this one? Or maybe you should try harder. After all, you've dealt with stubborn Lockes before.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2022, 10:53:28 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2022, 01:30:48 pm »

Locate Locke with my spirit eye and uninstall him with my beak. Then we can speak to whoever's behind him.

Eniteris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2022, 10:16:33 am »

Smash my bottle in frustration at its being empty then look around that restaurant for a back door or window that I could potentially get into.

The bottle shatters you slam it into the ground, shards flying every which way. As the last tinkles of the glass falling to the alley floor fade away, you notice a small chip on the shard that was once hidden by the label. It looks like an infochip that you can scan if you had the right protocols. Might be used to track production? You pocket the shard with the chip.

Stumbling deeper into the back alley, you notice that the back door of the building, with a handwritten sign prominently posted to the inside saying "DO NOT PROP OPEN", is propped open by a bucket of tempura batter. To your sight, camera above the door seems to dead, and someone has jammed a piece of metal into the lock to make the door think it's still closed.

This is a cakewalk. You can just stroll on in.

Eniteris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2022, 10:30:01 am »

follow the brighter leyline

You follow the leyline, but it's difficult to trace your way though the winding alleys of the Sink. Roads don't necessarily travel in straight lines, but the glowing beam only goes in one direction. You find yourself in various dark side streets, warm mist rising from the gutters, and you soon notice someone with a pair of enchanted arms following you.

You look like an easy mark, wandering alone in these back streets. But you can show them. You can blast them out of existence with your new enhancements and they will rue the day they ever thought to try to jump you.

Or you can show them how fast you can run away.

Or maybe they're friendly? Unlikely, here in the Sink. You can count the number of friends you have here on the back of your hand. But if they're not here to jump you, maybe you can ask them how to get where you want to go.

Eniteris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2022, 11:01:37 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You are Cy-Cat, stalker of the night, predator of birds, terror of rats and other small beasts. You are the Monarch of the Guttersprawl, and all flee before your approach, lest they taste the bite of your razor sharp claws.

At least you were, before you were abducted by one of the Old Gods. You don't remember much of what happened, the flash of a surgical gown, a knife, but you woke up in the gutter, wet and miserable, the world having lost its color.

Literally. Your eyes, once shining orbs that surveilled your kingdom, striking fear into those who saw them, now see only in shades of amber. The image blurs as you try to look at the rain, degrading in resolution as you try to see the detail.

They robbed you of everything. You're unsteady on your feet, second-guessing the images your eyes are feeding you, a half-second behind reality. You can't hunt like this. You can't rule your domain with this mockery of eyes. And worst of all, they didn't even give you retractable razor claws.

You stumble and splash back down into the flowing water, a fallen royal. You stare as the debris drifts by on the current, trying to identify them before they drift away.

You don't know what day it is. Your vision jumps and jitters like a startled mouse. If you're ever going to get back to who you once were, it's going to be an uphill climb.

What do you do?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2022, 01:31:59 pm »

best bet is to try and ingratiate myself with one of the old ones. Maybe figure out which one can fix my eyes. Doubtful that they will return my original eyes, but there must be some reason they forced this curse upon me...
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 [2] 3