Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 46205 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 - Less Bad Than Before (14 / 14), Rolebaking In Progress
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2022, 02:49:48 am »

Signups - closed. Time to get started on role design. I'll probably start the game Monday, or Tuesday. I would like this game to not crash terribly like my previous FBYORs, so I'll be putting a lot of thought into how to implement everything. I already have a few good ideas.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2022, 06:18:31 am »

Idea: Don't give people infinite actions. That's always hard to balance. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2022, 09:33:58 am »

Unless you give everyone infinite actions…
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2022, 02:45:08 pm »

Give, everyone, but, TolyK, infinite, actions. Got it.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2022, 08:52:41 pm »

Update: 11 out of 14 roles have a first draft done. I anticipate a significant number of those will need major changes before the game starts, and the remainder will need minor changes. I'm happy with how things are coming along.
Generic Arms Race.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

*stares at clock intensely*

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Damn, I knew I shouldn't have submitted Role Which Delays The Start Of The Game Until I Have Time To Poison All The Players In Real Life. In other news, if you receive any surprise food packages in the post, don't worry just eat them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

It's a good thing I sent Overly Verbose Role Name That Redirects All Player Actions To Themselves.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is just dragging on, get to baking with dragon's breath host dragon fallacy!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

If my role has fucking raisins in it, I'm gonna be pissed!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile

Who put a rat in my ravioli

I didn’t order Ratvioli

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would you like ketchup with that?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update: All roles except one are on their first or second drafts. I will not confirm or deny whose role that one is.

Fallacy's Abbreviated Guide To Roles:

Abilities that can be used are referred to as Actions. The set of all abilities is simply called Abilities. (Setup), (Reference), and (Status) tags indicate non-Abilities.

(Setup): This effect triggers pre-game, and typically involves giving you a choice.
(Reference): This isn't technically a part of your role, but describes something used by another part of your role. Still shows up on roleflip, though.
(Status): This isn't an ability, but is rather a status condition that afflicts you. If it appears to do nothing, there may be abilities owned by some other player that make use of it. Does not show up on your roleflip, since it isn't technically part of your role.

(Night): This action is used during the Night phase.
(Day): This action is used during the Day phase. Depending on importance level, either resolves at the end of the Day (more common) or immediately (effectively 'as soon as I can get to my computer and resolve it'). Immediately is reserved for actions of great importance.
(Auto): This ability has a passive effect and cannot be used.

(1-Shot): This action can only be used once, or if it is a passive ability, it can only trigger once. See also (2-Shot), or (3-Shot).
(Disabled): This ability cannot be used and has no effect. Either seen as an inflicted condition, or as a locked ability you must fulfill prerequisites to use.
(Free): This action can be used without using up your one-action-per-Phase limit, but itself can only be used once per Phase.

(Innate): A very special ability. Cannot be Disabled, modified, or removed from your role.
(Mafiakill): A wicked power. Can only be used by Mafia-aligned players. Typically but does not always refer to an ability that kills in some way. Only one Mafiakill can be used per Day-Night cycle.

(Item): A transferable, mobile ability. Multiple rules apply:
-As a Day action you may choose an Item ability you possess and give it to another player, which resolves at the end of the Day but before the execution.
-You may not give away an Item ability the same Phase you gained it.
-If you die while your role contains an Item ability, it enters the public pool. The public pool is always visible during the Day. As a Day action, you may attempt to retrieve a specific Item ability from the public pool and add it to your role. This resolves at the end of the Day, after the execution. If multiple players go for the same pool-bound Item, nobody gets it.
-If an Item ability is shotted and all of its shots are expended, then it is destroyed after effect resolution.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 01:09:55 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 - Less Bad Than Before (14 / 14), Fallacy's Cookbook Exposed
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2022, 10:44:08 pm »

I shall reiterate my preference that you give everyone broken first-draft roles and then move on to Gate of Dreams.

Also PTW.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

(Mafiakill): A wicked power. Can only be used by Mafia-aligned players. Typically but does not always refer to an ability that kills in some way.
So glad I submitted Role Which Turns The Mafiakill into a Mafialightmassage
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 113