Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 42791 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 - Less Bad Than Before (14 / 14), Fallacy's Cookbook Exposed
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2022, 10:24:39 pm »

I submitted Can't Blockula Count Chocula

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2022, 10:27:30 pm »

I should have submitted an unblockable role after the tragicomic farce of the last game.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2022, 10:29:14 pm »

Most roles are finished. Some need polishing. Actually, they all need polishing. But I'm doing that right now.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 - Less Bad Than Before (14 / 14), Nearly Ready
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2022, 10:43:18 pm »

Shoulda submitted Killing My Own Teammates Makes Me Stronger, so that you're prepared either way!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2022, 12:12:36 am »

Watching.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2022, 12:13:30 am »

Sending roles now. 5/14 sent so far. If you turn out to have a (Setup) ability, or anything else that resolves at the start of the game, please get me your choices as soon as possible.

Edit: (I'm the mod I can edit posts whenever I want to) Up to 10/14 sent so far.

Edit: 12/14!

Edit: 14/14. Start of game post incoming. If you have a (Setup) or start-of-game ability, please do not post until you have resolved it with me, please and thank you. You don't have to wait for me to process your choices or such, but do send me your resolution PM before you post.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 01:16:48 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (14 / 14) - Day 1 - The Game Begins, Every Drake In Their Place
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2022, 01:44:43 am »

Humans are such pitiful creatures, but so, so useful, you muse, as you walk your avatar through the prepared halls of the game of FBYOR.

Most Elder Fallacy would never risk a dragon's life for a mere game, so every dragon participating has mindshackled a human to use as an avatar.

Nobody will miss them. Nobody will come to save them. Such is life. The avatars will die one by one for the fun of dragons. You smile at the thought.

You look over at the other participants in this great game. Some of them are already plotting murder, you imagine. Maybe you are, too.

If you were, though, you'd certainly never give the game away.

Quote from: Voting Board, Now Alphabetized

EuchreJack (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
juicebox (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
Nakéen (0):
NJW2000 (0):
notquitethere (0):
Roden (0):
TolyK (0):
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):
Vector (0):
webadict (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting: EuchreJack, Jim Groovester, juicebox, Knightwing64, Maximum Spin, Nakéen, NJW2000, NJW2000, notquitethere, Roden, TolyK, ToonyMan, TricMagic, Vector, webadict

8 to hammer.

Nakéen arrives a good few hours late, at which point the mindshackled scribe measuring and tracking the complex web of interactions summarized in the vote board completely fails to notice their presence. Nakéen doesn't bother to correct the scribe, and simply smirks.

Nakéen cannot be executed on Day 1.

Day 1 has begun. Please vote and unvote in red. Day 1 will end in approximately 72 hours, on Sunday, October 16th, 2 AM Central time.

It may also end when a hammer is reached - which is to say, when the majority of player votes are resting on a single player. If the hammer is reached, cease posting and wait for me to resolve the execution.

You may now post. Feel free to PM me any private questions or post in public for any questions that involve publicly accessible information only. Don't edit your posts, don't directly quote PMs from me (including your role PM) in the public thread or in non-alignment confirmed private chats (you can and should paraphrase instead if you feel the need to do so), don't be too much of an asshole to your fellow players.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 08:07:25 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2022, 01:54:05 am »

FIRST POST!!!!!!

Anyways, NJW2000 is scum. Counter-arguments?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2022, 01:58:38 am »

@Nakéen: Sort of strange that you wouldn't subject yourself to our examination on Holy First Day, wouldn't you say?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2022, 02:06:42 am »

Nakeen is basically an Innocent Child and we should treat them as such today.

NJW2000 is a good vote for me, so I'll follow you Jack.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2022, 02:08:38 am »

@Roden, Jack, Knightwing, and Nakeen I haven't had the pleasure of playing mafia with any of you. how would each of you describe your playstyles?

Jim Groovester, who are your scumbuddies?

@Tricmagic and Maximum Spin/b] it looks like you guys have been pretty active on the subforum since I've been away. How would you say that your playstyles have changed since the last time we played together?

@TolyK who would you like to confirm most as town?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2022, 02:10:57 am »

And this is why you should preview your posts before sending them

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2022, 02:28:27 am »

@juicebox: "Frantic Paranoid" has been the way others have described me in the past, but I've been trying to refine my play.  I'm hoping to be more like I was last game.

Regarding Nakeen: Well, we can't pressure vote people that we can't vote, so I agree with this.

Regarding NJW2000: I guess with 14 players, a single vote wouldn't provide sufficient pressure, so I appreciate the support.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2022, 03:31:08 am »

@Roden, Jack, Knightwing, and Nakeen I haven't had the pleasure of playing mafia with any of you. how would each of you describe your playstyles?

Jim Groovester, who are your scumbuddies?

@Tricmagic and Maximum Spin/b] it looks like you guys have been pretty active on the subforum since I've been away. How would you say that your playstyles have changed since the last time we played together?

@TolyK who would you like to confirm most as town?

I'd say I'm very detached on Day 1 regardless of my alignment. Day 2 onwards I tend to get passionate about my solves as town and lose steam as scum. I've been told on a different site that I'm a bit averse to directly interacting with others and sharing my thoughts unless someone seeks it out.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2022, 05:09:48 am »

FIRST POST!!!!!!

Anyways, NJW2000 is scum. Counter-arguments?

I... uh... That is to say... Well, you got me there.

This is good.

But holy ****, this is not.

juicebox: We played together in BYOR15. If the mechanical side of this game is equally crazy, how do you think we can avoid the issues that game had?

TolyK: I think I haven't played with you before. What's your usual style D1?
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 113