Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 104209 times)

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #990 on: March 28, 2024, 09:39:01 am »

These days I am watching House M.D. and I am totally addictive to it .Hugh Laurie 's  acting styles awed me a lot . According to the audience 's reviews , it is the doctor version of Sherlock Holmes , the doctor finding clues , building logic chains , exploring the flaws of humanity and unmask the lies the patient told .

Though it is a tv show released in 2004, I can't deny that it's far more exciting than the most contemporary Chinese TV shows . Firstly I got to know this Tv show was only because my medical English teacher played one excerpt of it , in which the famale patient was got into an emergency , and the docter perfomed a tracheotomy surgery on her ,which makes it even more realistic and exciting , that attracts me .
人生在世不称意 明朝散发弄扁舟

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 28, 2024, 12:28:15 pm »

I'm wondering whether you're able to watch Blackadder. Just to see another end of Hugh's range. You'd really have to get  hold of the "... Third" or "... Goes Forth" series(es), where his (two) primary character(s are/)is totally unlike House. Maybe won't translate (or he comprehendable) that much, dealing with Regency and WW1-era British(-Trenches) settings, through a 1980s'-era comedy lens, but...  Just a suggestion[1].

Also he's a pretty very good musician (and vocalist), especially towards jazz/blues and piano in general. I've not seen enough House to know if they got that skill into the character's repertoir, too.

You've got me wondering if there's anywhere I could easily get to see House, now, as I don't know what channel(s) it originally showed on, in the UK, but I never did seem to reliably follow it at the time. US show, so probably hundreds of episodes, huge plot arcs and (non-headline-)character development/turnover, and needs tlme to watch from the start again.

[1] I'd recommend Blackadder, in general, to people. Interested to know how they work outside of Britain, in fact... Might be challenging or a workable 'lowest common denominator', if not both.
Spoiler: Viewing 'guide' (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 28, 2024, 12:30:57 pm »

Hugh Laurie is also in the final episode of the second series of Blackadder, in which he plays a German particularly skilled in disguises.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 28, 2024, 01:40:20 pm »

Hugh Laurie is also in the final episode of the second series of Blackadder, in which he plays a German particularly skilled in disguises.
Fanon might also wonder whether Prince Ludwig The Indestructible (that character) also was in 'disguise', in-universe, as an drinking chum of 'Bladders' in the prior episode with the Whiteadders/Drinking party plot. ;) Apart from the fact that it would be a bold master of disguise who disguises himself as a slightly more mundane version of himself. Instead of a sheep.  :P

But both are one-shot characters, unlike his Georges. Perhaps Ludwig is more House-ish, but a different different accent, while the drinker arguably isn't even one of the most outstanding 'drunken drunker', consider it more a rewatch-bonus. Ludwig 'eats the scenery' quite a lot (not quite so much as Lord Flashheart... but that's practically impossible to do!), so yes, B2 is already worth watching (IMO), but the finale is a particular treat for any Laurie-spotters out there. ;)

(For those with access to BBC Sounds, or equivalent, him and Fry (and others) have recently been on Radio 4 Extra, with the old "Saturday Night Fry" series. Might be that only the last two or three are still 'available', if they're on the usual four-week backlist. Anyway, it's him more in his general George (prince or lieutenant) 'default', amidst the typical Fry-And-Laurie intellectual chaos.)

Ok, I'm going to now have to dig out the Blackadder VHSs and rewatch them, so as to make this not as off-topic as I may have sent it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 28, 2024, 01:47:50 pm »

I had forgotten he was in that episode, mostly because it was entirely stolen h the excellent Miriam Margoyles. Two spikes would be an extravagance.

Blackadder is on a few streaming services, including BritBox, though I’m not sure if that’s available in the UK, though since it’s a streaming service between ITV and the Beeb I would be surprised if it wasn’t.

I did also watch it recently so it’s not that off-topic, along with The Thick of It and I’m working my way through the newer Red Dwarf stuff I didn’t see when I was still back in the UK.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 28, 2024, 04:54:17 pm »

Blackadder: The show in which Rowan Atkinson is actually a decent actor.

Huge Laurie's success is often cited as the primary reason that we'll never get another Blackadder.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 12, 2024, 10:01:58 am »

(There is a specific 'Trek thread, I'm sure, but it looks like it's long enough back in the board timeline as to be a significant Necro, so gave up looking for it... Not that I'm currently able to watch any of these new-fangled spinoffs, either.)

Scottish Scotty's not a scot-ish Scot, eh?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 15, 2024, 09:34:06 pm »

Fallout.
Its much better then halo at takeing its world and useing it, sets are great and there a real feel that it is set in a fallout wasteland.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 19, 2024, 11:54:35 pm »

Watched first 2 Fallout episodes, agreed with Funk.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 20, 2024, 06:31:23 pm »

I feel like Fallout works better as a TV show than it did as video games. The worldbuilding and storytelling was always the strong point of the games, with actual gameplay being clunky and often tedious.

I enjoyed the show, though some of the game elements didn't translate very well. In a world where stimpaks are a magical cure-all that is commonly available, it doesn't really make sense that so many people are bleeding out from stabs and gunshot wounds.

The stuff in Vault 4 left me very confused at first; I had to read a summary of the episode before some parts clicked. It didn't help that they were simultaneously exploring the Cult of Shady Sands and the Mutants, when the two were actually unrelated. But mostly the exposition describing the Mutant's past just wasn't handled in a way that was clear to me.

I do feel like the big reveal of the origin of the Vaults came a bit too soon. They could easily have pushed that back to Season 2, giving us something to look forward to. Now I have a hard time imagining how they'll keep things interesting moving forward, but hopefully they'll figure something out.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 09:37:03 pm by Folly »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 22, 2024, 11:12:51 am »

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]