Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 69

Author Topic: LGBTQ+ Thread  (Read 52086 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: LGBTQ+ Thread
« Reply #765 on: June 03, 2023, 05:39:06 am »

I've never been to pride... I don't think I'll ever will be. They don't happen here. You know why.  :'(

I hate Islam.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 07, 2023, 04:19:02 pm »

We found an LGBTQ bookstore! I spent a little more money than I intended, but...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They have zines! and flags! And stickers! I've got reading material for an upcoming van trip now, and the flag's going to be part of our dashboard screen for the thing, hopefully.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 09, 2023, 01:02:00 pm »

Y'know, I've been having trouble figuring out which thread to put it in, if any, but... considering it's pride month and the fucker in question, let it be here: Pat Robertson has kicked the bucket. One of the biggest and most persistent names in the history of anti-LGBT sentiment is no longer around to plague the world with their hate.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 09, 2023, 06:08:22 pm »

Looking through the wiki article, all I can say is it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

EDIT: Also the fucking irony of saying Islam is trying to take over governments while advocating for Christianity to do so.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 09, 2023, 06:36:38 pm »

Pat Robinson Is Dead Everyone
I was genuinely tickled to see multiple people briefly worry that something had happened to Robert Pattinson.  Robinson deserves obscurity.

Things are going well... I went to a Pride last weekend as a gay guy, oddly.  Just felt right for a couple days.  Genderfluid you know?  Was a nice chill time, got complimented, and for a while I liked my face with a neat NB mustache.  Tuesday I recoiled from that hard.  Had to shave, felt better.  I need to be careful with that...  I don't need to look *pretty*, but I can't pretend to be a man for more than a little while at a time.

Yesterday I got my IPL out of storage.  I'd used it briefly on my arms but lost interest, since my arm hair is light and grows slowly.  And I epilate my legs.  This time, I used it on my neck and chin.  The instructions say not to, but I found out that professional places do it all the time.  I simply took excess caution in protecting my eyes, and avoided my lips.  It went fine!  I woke up with what felt like a very mild sunburn, and put a little aloe on from my plant.  Not even visibly red, and no "eye itchiness" at all.  Doing this twice a week for a while should really slow down the growth.

A trans friend shared a progress pic after "not shaving for a week" and thought her stubble was bad.  It was barely visible, what I'd expect after 12 hours.  I was kinda envious about that.  Not in a malicious way, though, and there's so much I appreciate about my body.

Oh yeah so tomorrow is another Pokemon community day!  Last one and the tournament were very affirming because people used my name and didn't gender me.  I'm going to enjoy tomorrow too- particularly since it's good exercise and I find that affirming.  Too bad about all the smoke, but I'll have my mask of course.

I FINALLY ordered pronoun pins and a little NB-flag moon necklace, they should arrive Wednesday!  I got a set of pins so I can choose which pronouns to ask for, though I'm sure I'll stick to they/them usually.  Unless she/her trip people up less, guess I'll see what works.

I let so many Prides slip me by for various reasons.  This time I actually feel proud though
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 10, 2023, 04:34:39 pm »

While I'm not in any Pride-related demographic, I thought I'd share that I've seen several businesses newly displaying pride flags outside. The state I'm in is not known for being very progressive, so this is new and encouraging.

In the opposite geographical area, I visited Salem last year and happened to stop by a Pride parade. That was nice.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 12, 2023, 08:41:25 pm »

Any other trans people (Those physically transitioning, at least) find themselves flip-flopping between "I'm gonna look amazing by the end" to "Nothing's going to change and I'm gonna be the most mannish looking woman/womanish looking man"?
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 12, 2023, 11:08:48 pm »

Yeah that's super common, especially early on. I find the solution for that is meeting other trans people and realizing we're all really hot regardless actually. :P

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 12, 2023, 11:44:56 pm »

Sounds like work.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 12, 2023, 11:55:23 pm »

I'm not planning a medical transition (e.g. hormones) at the moment but I'm changing many of the things you do to keep cis women looking cis and uh... yeah I have felt similarly :P
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 13, 2023, 12:39:18 am »

Right on.  As usual you are a nonbinary inspiration.

I am a rough, ragged, edgy person.  I like to think I'm a woman, but I'm also a man sometimes.  Usually I'm neither, woo!
I want to be STRONK.  I want to be nice.
That's who I am.

oh no, I'm a thembo
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 18, 2023, 12:52:33 pm »

Gods above and below, yesterday was a lot.
It was Father's Day [slightly early], and a family reunion, and finally got a voice call from my partner.  They've just been busy, and they've got SO much accomplished!!  And I was right, they were in a headspace to be presentable to their family.  Same as I was doing yesterday.

I'm happy enough when single, but nowadays I really do rely on them emotionally and I communicated that while praising them for taking some time and doing everything they needed to :blue_heart: and we're good.  So good.  It's a huge relief :relieved:

Anyway I felt transmasc, getting ready.  I wore my tightest sports-bra.  I pulled my hair back in that boring ponytail my dad wears.  Polo shirt and slacks (covering my smooth legs).

But shaved, whereas he's growing a fabulous set of whiskers.  Smooth tanned arms and longish (rapidly unpainted) nails.  And my NB pendant, for anyone who recognized it.  AKA my younger cousins.  (Nobody there was in my age group because of DNA issues, long story.)

My dad recognized the :pride_NB: and asked that I not wear it, and his wife said "What?  Let him wear it, it's not a nazi sign or anything!".  She's generally supportive.  So is he, sometimes.
I wore it under my shirt.
I pulled it out sometimes when I felt like I needed to.  Being with family sometimes feels like eroding who I am.  In or out, this little necklace helped me remember myself.

Anyway it felt kinda religious and I find that interesting and potentially problematic.  I'm obviously just talking about feelings here.  I'm spiritual but areligious.
Thinking about the Church of Prismatic Light again.
This is deeply and spiritually important to me, and there's doctrine (though I'm heterodox (lmao))
I find myself thinking "This would be my religion except that it's true"
which uh
hm
She/they

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 21, 2023, 05:09:13 pm »

Get hype for several more days of pride month!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 21, 2023, 05:18:14 pm »

yaaaaayyyy
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 25, 2023, 05:12:11 am »

Police in Istanbul are watching for any attempts at a pride parada to crush.

Yeah. No pride here.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 69