Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 68

Author Topic: LGBTQ+ Thread  (Read 49135 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
LGBTQ+ Thread
« on: October 08, 2022, 08:54:32 am »

Making this because I'm finding myself diving into it more and more, and I'm not wanting to derail other threads with it. General discussion, news, events, whatever's relevant.

Two rules so far:

Sports discussion is banned.
Keep things civil!

Yes sports is an important topic with regards to trans rights, but it appears that nobody can keep calm about it. If people start getting heated with one another, the thread will be locked until people cool off. If you keep going at it, I'll start reporting posts to Toady.

Cisgender and heterosexual people are welcome to enter and use the thread, but please be respectful to those of us who are part of the community. Insults, bigotry, Just Asking Questions and such will not be tolerated.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 06:36:10 am by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: LGBTQ+ Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 08:57:11 am »

Aye.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 09:09:46 am »

The current thing occupying my mind:

https://twitter.com/TheProblem/status/1578414849083654144

Specifically, the comments in the thread. It's like looking at a bunch of illiterate people who think they understand a book reading it out loud. The interview itself... It'd be hilarious if this person was just a random schmuck, that she's a politician makes it depressing.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 11:25:28 pm »

Oh, this is a good idea.  It went wrong once, but I think things are calm enough here nowadays.

Hi, I'm Rolan.  I'm an NB AMAB androphile.  AKA:  I'm between genders, I lived as a man but now have estrogen, and I like masculinity.  Though I'm pansexual, currently with a femme NB.

For this particular topic... Mmn.  Jon Stewart has said some shitty things in the past, but I'm not the sort who cancels without overwhelming reason.  I thought he does fine in that clip, not perfect but fine for a liberal.  Maybe it's even the best presentation for his liberal audience.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 11:27:28 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 05:49:43 am »

Eyyy I'm LW I shirk from labels because I think they draw people towards enforcing rigid divisions between genders and sex rather than bring people together, but if I had to say, I'd say I'm a speed-strength-kinaesthetic-spatial main because it's like being a Dex build without being a filthy Dex build. GOD HATES DEX that is all even though dex build is the meta build. We have to show STR builds love otherwise they will lose their pride and become really small.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 06:25:01 am »

Eyyy I'm LW I shirk from labels because I think they draw people towards enforcing rigid divisions between genders and sex rather than bring people together, but if I had to say, I'd say I'm a speed-strength-kinaesthetic-spatial main because it's like being a Dex build without being a filthy Dex build. GOD HATES DEX that is all even though dex build is the meta build. We have to show STR builds love otherwise they will lose their pride and become really small.

Lay off the gnomeblight, man.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2022, 06:44:56 am »

my sweat could gnill a gnome. I am invincible (to gnomes)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2022, 02:00:02 pm »

Cis-male Pansexual here, though more attracted to cis-men/trans-men on the whole.

Don't tend to keep too much of an eye on the politics side of things, but I'm fortunate enough to live in one of the most pro-LGBTQ places on the planet.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2022, 12:27:34 am »

Cis-male Pansexual here, though more attracted to cis-men/trans-men on the whole.

Don't tend to keep too much of an eye on the politics side of things, but I'm fortunate enough to live in one of the most pro-LGBTQ places on the planet.

Oh my gosh. Literally the same.

On that front however... ugh...

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2022, 02:40:12 am »

I'm keeping an eye on the politics because, being trans, I'm basically the West's political football at this moment in time. I'm having to sit around and see how the media's depicting me (Because joy of joys, some people think I'm a woman-hating rapist simply for existing) and what the political situation around me is, especially with an increasingly right wing Tory government.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2022, 08:47:23 pm »

I'm keeping an eye on the politics because, being trans, I'm basically the West's political football at this moment in time. I'm having to sit around and see how the media's depicting me (Because joy of joys, some people think I'm a woman-hating rapist simply for existing) and what the political situation around me is, especially with an increasingly right wing Tory government.

It's not as bad here as it is in England, but I've been doing the same thing. People act like it's not reasonable and I'm jumping at shadows but I'm not convinced.

However, I've stopped watching news recaps of the "here's a lot of bigotry as seen in clips, tweets, and news reports and us debunking it," style because engaging with concentrated transphobic narratives, especially where they're treated as ordinary talking points, has started consistently giving me migraines and/or diarrhea.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2022, 12:30:27 am »

Gay kaaba is a thing now. Look it up.

You know, my honest opinion about this is...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2022, 05:40:20 am »

Yeah, it's not all that fun being Designated Political Football.

Managed to avoid gay rights by realising I was bisexual *after* the issue was settled. Didn't manage to avoid this one however.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 08:31:54 pm by Great Order »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2022, 11:22:25 pm »

Gay kaaba is a thing now. Look it up.

You know, my honest opinion about this is...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not surprised. When fundamental christians rejected gays, the LGBTQ+ community just founded their own churches.

There are signs that mainstream christian churches of at least a couple branches are starting to accept some forms of gay/bisexual relationships, in that those churches that don't want to accept it are the ones having to break off on their own.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2022, 11:38:35 pm »

I suppose I'm LGBT, but it's not really a big part of my identity?

Probably not going to be posting here much (I am dreadful with treating topics like this delicately).
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 68