Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 68

Author Topic: LGBTQ+ Thread  (Read 49186 times)

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
Re: LGBTQ+ Thread
« Reply #420 on: February 03, 2023, 02:12:27 pm »

I should really stop looking in this thread. It's giving me a siege mentality.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 03, 2023, 03:10:24 pm »

Yeaaah, sorry about that.

On a more positive note I've storyboarded some comics I might mspaint up at some point.
And also I'm going makeup shopping rn
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 04, 2023, 06:59:51 pm »

Question for yes who have gone the "Grow boobs" side of thing:

Me left nipple's aching when I press it in now, but there's no bud as far as I can tell. This normal beginning-of-breast-growth, or have I just gone and prodded it so much it's got sore?
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 04, 2023, 07:35:37 pm »

The issue with politics is that you can't live with it but you can't live without it. Ya gotta know what's happening to keep yourself and those close to you safe, but you gotta stay away from it cause in the grand scheme of things there's only so much one person can do about it all. It's true that This Too Shall Pass, but it's very easy to say that when you're not living through a major historical event.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #424 on: February 05, 2023, 06:34:02 am »

Me left nipple's aching when I press it in now, but there's no bud as far as I can tell. This normal beginning-of-breast-growth, or have I just gone and prodded it so much it's got sore?
Both are possible

The issue with politics is that you can't live with it but you can't live without it. Ya gotta know what's happening to keep yourself and those close to you safe, but you gotta stay away from it cause in the grand scheme of things there's only so much one person can do about it all. It's true that This Too Shall Pass, but it's very easy to say that when you're not living through a major historical event.
Yah even if you care not for politics, politics has a way for caring about you. But also it is true that getting over engrossed in politics can just poison people's mindsets. I tend to strike a middle ground of focusing on the kinds of politics I can actually influence in some way, or at least the kinds of politics that actually has a point (e.g. I don't give a fuck about people debating Prince Harry but will vociferously defend NHS strikers)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 06, 2023, 08:52:57 pm »

So "powder foundation" still sounds gross, but it's actually pretty intuitive and discrete and covers up blemishes.  I think I'm getting the hang of it.  Was cheap and comes with a little mirror and sponge.  I'm glad I chickened out from the the mall stall because that stuff was like 4X as expensive.

The mall assistant would have helped me get the proper shade, though.  I went slightly too light because my family keeps insisting I'm ivory-white.  It's pretty close though, aside from my rosy cheeks.  Close enough to be helpful.  I like it.

Pink "rose" lipstick was a mistake lol (for now).  I was going for something subtle (lip-colored) and missed hard.  I think red would have worked better.  Interesting, though.

Next is my eyes.  I got a little variety pack of shadows for Halloween but I didn't try them.  Now with foundation I'm ready to experiment with them, but not right now.  Seeing my dad tomorrow and I *know* my first attempts are going to be... garish.  Not the stealth I'm looking for.  I'm pretty excited though!

I paid $10 for 100 double blades for the awesome razor my partner got me, so now I can stop torturing myself by reusing them so much!  Cheaper than I thought.  I got Shark brand because I liked them best out of the sampler pack.  OH RIGHT I was gonna order a plush... ehh.  I'll adopt something from a thrift store.  I want something special (not that my partner's Blahaj isn't special!)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 07, 2023, 01:41:28 am »

Not that I have any other useful information to impart, given your getting a pack of razors for possibly much less than I do[1], but it is pretty much a truism (I've heard actual industry experts on the products state this as fact) that the only real difference between men's razors and women's razors is that the latter "are coloured pink and cost ten times as much". However much particular bits of hair might be different on different bits of skin, really a razor (or a shaver) is pretty much going to do the exact same job when it gets down to the stubble-end of the deal.

The rest is social-aesthetics. Both for your exact choice of cutter and of how much/what you then decide to cut!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 09, 2023, 09:27:16 am »

Sounds like about the normal amount of weirdness to expect, yeah. There's a lot going on there, so expect soreness to just sorta come and go from time to time.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 24, 2023, 05:41:29 pm »

After over two months of hormones, I think I'm developing boobage.

Mentioned the whole left nipple being sore, still is (A bit like a bruise in terms of feel), but I'm pretty sure I can feel something a little more solid under it now.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 24, 2023, 09:01:38 pm »

Neat.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 24, 2023, 09:49:16 pm »

Its tragic that every man has genetic code for boob size, but only transwomen get the opportunity to find out what it is.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 25, 2023, 10:27:08 am »

Hey now, I have bigger boobs than some of my female friends ;)
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 25, 2023, 11:04:21 am »

Yeah it turns out a lot of cis men have extra breast fat, sometimes exclusively on their chests!  It's a thing that often goes unspoken.  I only know about it since it's commonly taken care of surgically... but if the guy is trans, it's a lot harder to access that gender affirming care.  It's gender affirming in both cases, but as usual it's more difficult if you're trans :( >:(

tldr; cis guys get breast reduction easily but don't talk about it, trans guys have to fight for it.

Congrats GO!!  That sounds on-track, maybe a little early so they may get more tender yet.  Pretty sure they don't hurt unless poked/bumped.  Make sure you're eating plenty, the metabolism really goes into overdrive.  I keep wanting to give advice but I'm no expert and your own research is probably fresher anyway...  I just really liked that period where the buds were growing, because the soreness was proof/reminder that the process was working.  The human body is amazing.

The soreness goes away after enough months but the growth continues.  Gradually, as you know, but yeah.

Last week, after a week on progesterone, I noticed a new soreness.  Much more localized.  Not nearly as painful as my endocrinologist seemed to expect, heh, but maybe it gets stronger.  I guess I'm working on areola shape, which I don't have strong feelings about other than general transhuman fascination!

The mood effects have been more interesting (though confused by having pneumonia).  Speaking of...

I'm trying she/they out a few places.  I think I like it, though my gender is still quite fluid (far cry from the agender I was for years).

I had another dream about my alternate gender-affirmed childhood, that was nice.  My NB partner was in it, and we hung out in an Escher-house and my dad embarrassed me (in a good way) by saying how cute we were together, which got me to formally ask my partner out on a date instead of mutually pretending to only be friends, so that was... gosh.

Partner was masc-leaning NB, I was femme-leaning NB, we messed with old computers and youtube and musical instruments.  Nice blend of our interests.
She/they

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 25, 2023, 11:40:39 am »

Would it be crude to call this... Plot development? :u

Very happy for you, very cool that body does cool things when provided hormones. I'd like to make an "it's plug & play gender" joke, but I fear that might also be a) a woeful oversimplification and b) also crude and insensitive, and I don't personally know any enby/transfolk, so I don't have a good read for the community's sense of humor. Will accept recommendations and/or browbeating.

Unrelated- like half of my friends are bisexual with ADHD and most of the friends they collect are also bisexual with ADHD, as four of us acknowledged in our travel vacation. There's a nonzero chance I may be one of them, but I'm not really brave enough to find out firsthand. It's also, I dunno, a lot easier to flirt at the men in my life because there's no consequence behind it? I dunno, they deserve some flattery and it's fun to oblige that. Almost related to that - I've been told I'm good at making platonic friendships, which is a peculiar thing to hear when you assume that's the default state of friendship.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #434 on: February 25, 2023, 12:41:29 pm »

Happy for the trans people in here getting what they need, and I hope that any trans people here who don't (lurkers? people I clumsily forget to think of? people from the future?) get what they need asap. Human bodies are cool, when they're not horrible.

None, if you feel the hots for both men and women then you could probably fit into some kind of bisexual label. It can be hard to place oneself on the Kinsey scale and such, but in any case there is no need to interact with other's bi-ly to be bi. It just comes down to your own attractions. Just like gay people don't need to date to be gay, nor do straight people to be straight. :)
Plus there's a (many?) -romatic dimension on top of the -sexual one, so the netheral hots and don't need to line up with the candle-lit dinner or flirting hots. I've personally felt more or less inclined to date women or men (or enbies, though the ones I know IRL have been very few) during periods... I dunno what I was trying to make of that, maybe: don't make too much of what label you fit into, and do what you feel like. Which can be either "nothing", or something more.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 68