Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 68

Author Topic: LGBTQ+ Thread  (Read 49281 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: LGBTQ+ Thread
« Reply #735 on: May 28, 2023, 02:31:43 am »

Maximum Spin, you got to start actually reading the links.
If you had read my link to the article, you would have seen Target didn't reveal what threats were made, nor support their actions in any way with any real info.

If you had read the second link from the designer of the merchandise, you would know that he was actually pretty cool about having his merchandise pulled.
Mainly he said "Yeah, I don't want anyone getting hurt over my merchandise"
He also didn't have any Satanic merchandise for sale at Target. Both Target and him agreed that would not be a good fit for Target.

Anyone else think we've beaten this horse to death? Aye!

On brighter news, Disney+ will NOT be removing the documentary "Howard".

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 28, 2023, 02:34:55 am »

« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 02:41:25 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 28, 2023, 02:43:36 am »

Maximum Spin, you got to start actually reading the links.
If you had read my link to the article, you would have seen Target didn't reveal what threats were made, nor support their actions in any way with any real info.

If you had read the second link from the designer of the merchandise, you would know that he was actually pretty cool about having his merchandise pulled.
Mainly he said "Yeah, I don't want anyone getting hurt over my merchandise"
He also didn't have any Satanic merchandise for sale at Target. Both Target and him agreed that would not be a good fit for Target.
I do, in fact, read the links. I never said a single word that would contradict any of those statements.
I mean, I actually want to know what your thinking is here. Where do you think I said that Target revealed any threats, or that the designer had a problem with it, or that any of the silly Satanism nonsense took place at Target? You bring this all up so matter-of-factly as if it's obvious, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with anything.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 28, 2023, 06:36:28 am »

Maybe the true Target is the Satan we made along the way
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 28, 2023, 06:38:17 am »

...I imagine some people misinterpret the snake-staff-and-wings as satanic. Because people do that kind of thing.

(Though it should be snakes-staff-and-wings (for negotiation) or snake-and-staff (for medicine), really. It's either a very clever multi-levelled joke or a common mix-up.)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 28, 2023, 09:00:41 am »

Seems fair.

Don't worry, there's always Raytheon. (Raytheon is apparently genuinely very inclusive, which is neat. Never mind the cluster bombs.)

2 days till pride month, heck yeah.

I will say despite all the shit we give megacorps, etc. about pride month, the fact that they consiser the LGBT+ market a target for money and advertising is genuinely a good sign.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 28, 2023, 01:50:32 pm »

Some more Trans news.
"Irreversible damage" was translated to Hebrew and sold by a right wing book publisher.
The good news was they had a launch event in a place of a right wing think tank, after every less transphobic place cancelled on them and the eventual place was known like two days before, and the trans community had a protest in the place, and it was great, there were at three times more protestors then attended, probably way more I just remember the end now, they were so fuckin scared inside even though they were barley touched, they brought like 4 boarder patrol cars, they arranged themselves three ways out because non of them really looked well.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 28, 2023, 02:21:05 pm »

Seems fair.

Don't worry, there's always Raytheon. (Raytheon is apparently genuinely very inclusive, which is neat. Never mind the cluster bombs.)

2 days till pride month, heck yeah.

I will say despite all the shit we give megacorps, etc. about pride month, the fact that they consiser the LGBT+ market a target for money and advertising is genuinely a good sign.
if nothing else, pride month gave me the rainbow Pinkerton logo 🌈
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 28, 2023, 09:08:25 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FscUyMuf-Fo
... this is supposed to be a "smash"? That was the saddest tik-tok stunt I've ever seen, although to be fair I intentionally don't look at tik-tok stunts. I actually saw this while I was looking, and I thought, that couldn't possibly be what you mean.
"Is that supposed to be broken glass?  The window barely even shattered.  Really, I saw this and didn't care about it, surely you're not concerned about this.  You're overreacting."
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 28, 2023, 09:13:14 pm »

Rolan, just don't engage him lol.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 28, 2023, 09:15:27 pm »

Yeah, you're right, sorry.
I listen to other women.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 29, 2023, 06:30:29 am »

Alright, I'm making a new rule here:

Sports discussion is banned.

Every time it comes up, things devolve into shit-slinging, either overt or hidden under the pretense of argument, and the thread veers ever closer to Toady winding up coming in and either calming everything down by deleting posts, or it getting locked and (temp) bans being put in place.

Yes, it's an important topic, especially with it being used as a wedge issue with regards to trans rights, but this isn't the place to get hotheaded over it. If it comes up, I'm temp locking the thread. Wouldn't be an issue if we could stay civil, but we can't.

And on that note:
KEEP THINGS CIVIL!

Apologies for not being here to keep on top of it, I've been away for a few days so I didn't have access to the forums.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 06:37:10 am by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 29, 2023, 07:15:47 am »

I'm getting Ukraine flashbacks.

...that came out wrong.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 29, 2023, 11:26:43 pm »

I'm getting Ukraine flashbacks.

...that came out wrong.

You and like a million other people in 5 years...
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 30, 2023, 09:29:12 am »

This article seems fitting between Memorial Day and Pride Month: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/26/gay-transgender-veterans-compensation/
...to bad it's in the UK.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 68