Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 68

Author Topic: LGBTQ+ Thread  (Read 49130 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LGBTQ+ Thread
« Reply #751 on: May 30, 2023, 12:13:47 pm »

Went and visited some members of my mother's family alone (i.e. without my parents) for the first time. I've only been out to my lesbian cousin, and this time I came out to her mother, my aunt.

It went well, she was kind to me ... ... ... she packed my lunch for the train in her deceased son's old lunchbox.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 30, 2023, 04:00:17 pm »

This article seems fitting between Memorial Day and Pride Month: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/26/gay-transgender-veterans-compensation/
...to bad it's in the UK.
I was initially thinking it'd be some sort of thing of veterans being denied pensions due to being LGBT or something, instead it's about literal torture being done on people because they were gay or trans, or even as much as suspected of it.

Six figures isn't enough for that sort of thing.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 30, 2023, 04:18:37 pm »

Oh, shit.  I didn't click the link, thanks for summarizing it.  :(

@Vector It's so interesting what little gestures can mean the world.  I'm so glad that went well.  I'm planning to come out to my dad's sister sometime during June...  She's always been pretty nice to me, and in general, but we're not close.  I'd like for her to know.

I saw a cute bumper sticker today: "I've got my TWO moms wrapped around my little *pawprint*".  With a little rainbow loop.

I don't get lesbians but they're neat!  My cousin has two moms too.  He asked me my pronouns in front of my dad once, heh, and dad made jokes but we literally ignored him until he moved on.  The dynamic is so different when there's even one ally around.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 01, 2023, 12:28:55 am »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 01, 2023, 02:42:42 am »

Well, I came out to my mom, it went better then I expected, and I didn't expect anything bad in the first place  :D.

In a partly related news, I am not sure I am trans, more accurately, I am not sure what being trans would mean for me, or what gender is.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 01, 2023, 05:43:19 am »

Gender is [insert thing], pretty much.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 01, 2023, 06:36:46 am »

Gender is [insert thing], pretty much.
Surely that's actually Sexuality?  ;D

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 01, 2023, 08:42:12 am »

Or just plain sex?  ??? :o
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 01, 2023, 10:35:24 am »

my girlfriend has described me as a 'femme boy toy' while talking with a friend about said friend's femme boy toy and said friend says that I give off they/them energy

(it seems to be a winning strategy for me)

Happy pride, y'all. Be you, stay you.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 02, 2023, 07:26:12 pm »

I want to keep up to date with trans stuff, I really do because it matters, especially now I'm part of the group.

Unfortunately every time it's just people pissing and shitting themselves over the fact that someone is different. It's confusing to them, so rather than learn they throw a tantrum and advocate for, at best, detransitioning or, at worst, straight up murdering us (So ranging from "forcible removal of a group" style genocide to "Systemic extermination" style genocide) while screaming that we're all paedophiles (Meanwhile religious institutions and right-wing groups tend to have issues dealing with kiddy diddlers).

It's fucking exhausting. It also makes me wonder when it's going to turn into someone going violent in retaliation. I wonder that for a lot of things really, see a group being demonised and verbally/physically attacked, and it seems weird there's not actually *more* retaliatory violence. Maybe it speaks well for humanity's ability to cooperate and search for peaceful solutions.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 02, 2023, 08:29:00 pm »

I found this article to be informative. I think it mentions a lot of stuff covered in this thread. Let me know what CNN got wrong.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/06/01/business/pride-month-companies-reaction/index.html

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 02, 2023, 09:11:35 pm »

Quick rundown seems to be:

Seeing the same thing as we did with LGB rights, staying the course is rewarding, reversing just pisses everyone off (And makes people think "If they walk back on that, what about things that directly affect me?"), don't be hypocritical.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 02, 2023, 11:17:53 pm »

we went to the pride march at the capitol without ever actually making it to the pride march at the capitol, lol, but we had a nice dinner, made faces at the mormon superbuildings, saw lots of queer folk ambling about, we bought funny tank tops, it was a great time.

it was a nice day to be out
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 68