Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Town Of Coldness - North America  (Read 3225 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Town Of Coldness - North America
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2024, 02:41:15 am »

Dang sorry to hear that the update gave you trouble.

I wasn't aware that the adventure updated had been released, all the stuff I'm seeing says the newest update is 50.12 still.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2024, 07:35:45 pm »

Dang sorry to hear that the update gave you trouble.

I wasn't aware that the adventure updated had been released, all the stuff I'm seeing says the newest update is 50.12 still.

Whatever the update was it messed it up.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2024, 03:34:49 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - The Town Of Coldness - Migrants 

Unib Oiledsiege, Woodcutter and member of the Diamond Weights, was, at the moment, helping install the doors.  For some reason she was wearing a gabbro crown and a rhyolite crown.  And she was wearing a NEW wild boar leather robe over her pig tail dress.

Early spring had come.  But outside the water was frozen and snow was still on the ground.  The calendar said it was spring but the weather said otherwise.

The door she had installed was one of the new offices that had been dug out.  The Leader, and the Book Keeper, were getting sick of working among the crowds, noise, and smells of the first floor chamber.

After installing the doors she went to brew some sand pears.  She was...displeased.  She was missing friends, family, praying.  And also her two lovers were not in the outpost. 

And she wanted to acquire more items.  Not doubt why she was wearing two crowns.

She then decided to have a hen egg roast.  Which was made up of finely minced cow cheese, will-minced pig cheese, finely minced pig cheese, and minced hen egg.  So more like a two-cheese omelett.

She took it to the tavern.  And while eating her meal, which was a fine dish, she felt satisfied discussing her problems with a acquaintance.  In fact that acquaintance was Rakfil Catcrested the Human Poet who had been drinking there while enjoying a good argument.  But not too happy about the worms. 

Hey, that's what you get when you let turkeys into the Nut of Crafts.

Unib went to wash down the dish with a mug of Blackberry wine.  Which got her drunk.  Also she liked it for being a pretty decent drink. 

At least the room and board wasn't bad in this outpost.

On the 7th of Granite she went to see the Leader.  Where she cried.  She wasn't the only citizen who was displeased.  More than half of them were displeased.

Then, on the 9th of Granite, the elven caravan from Quithecaraca had been spotted.  Well, two elves and two pack animals.

The Leader ordered the inner door of the Depot opened and FOUR cut gems taken to it.  Surely the elven traders would have no issues with gems?  Right?

After the elven traders unloaded their wares the Broker, ingiz Swordtundra, traded them for two barrels, a grown hemp cloak, a rami robe, ten apricots, ten apples, ten pears, ten peaches, ten plums, and ten bayberries.  Giving the elven traders about 2736 credits in profit.

There wasn't really anything else the Broker saw of worth.  They didn't even have any books.

Funny.  The traders' pack animals had been a Yak cow and a male unicorn.

While this was happening Unib had been in the Unbridled Mark meditating on Thralldom.  Why she was thinking of slavery was unkown.  Surely she didn't think of herself as a slave of the outpost?

Outside, in the cold, the last remaining raven flew around.  With the spring had also come the Giant Flies!  But unlike the bird they were not interested in starting fights.

Then there was a surprise.  A elven caravan from Coce Rera had also been spotted.  Oh dear.  Another two elfs and two Yaks. 

The Leader decided this was not a problem.  Maybe they would have something the first traders had not?  The Leader ordered three cut gems to the Depot.

She helped move one of the gems to the Depot and then grabbed the new grown hemp cloak.

The Broker was called back to the Trade Depot.  As the first traders were leaving the second traders were unloading.

For the three cut gems the Broker bought up fifteen almonds, fifteen hazel nuts, ten pecans, five walnuts, five acorns, five mangos, five apples, five peaches, five plums, five oranges, a grown alder buckler, and two buckets.  Which gave the traders around 2807 credits of profit.

With that all the new fruits were being brewed Unib was working on cooking more lavish meals.  In this case she was cooking with hazel nuts.  You couldn't brew or plant them so you may as well cook them.

Then she got a drink of blackberry wine. 

Then something weird happened.  Migrants appeared from the north.  A Third Wave of Migrants?  How?

There was a male Miner named Dishmab Lanternbury, a male Weaver named Avuz Girderravens, a male Woodcrafter named Rakust Walkedgilt, a male Gem Setter named Dastot Bootbridged, a male Weaver named Zas Dentbolted, a male Lye Maker named Ustuth Deerarrow, a male Weaver named Sakzul Blazedcastle, a male Miner named Imush Zealtool, a male Hunter named Shorast Gearedswords, and a male Peasant named Deler Talonoils.  There was also a female Engraver named Led Ragclutch, a female Peasant named Zon Sabrescaled, a female Iden Tradeyearlings, a female Siege Engineer named Ducim Helmsdistinct, a female Carpenter named Ral Redbolt, a female Woodcrafter named Logem Slingclose, a female Woodcutter named Alath Coalrubs, a female Peasant named Atir Wheelbone, and a female Potter named Unib Doordrills.

Led and Avuz were married.  So a new bedroom would have to be made for them.  And they had a child, male, named Inod Wheelstheater.

There was also a male child who belonged to Iden.  Named Oddom Insightsarrow.  But there seemed to be no father on the records.

At least there was bedrooms ready for some of them.  All were were formed into one-dwarf squads.  Some would train in early winter and some would train in late winter.

The Peasant  Deler was also given the position of Performer of the Silvery Church as he was a follower of Alron.

They also brought a stray Blue Peacock, a pig, a dog, a bunny, a cavy boar, and a yak.

Unib was attending a meeting at the time of the migrants pouring into the small outpost.  Which was now a Hamlet!

The number of citizens was now forty-one!  Beds, cabinets, chests would have to be produced and bedrooms dug out.

Well, at least this meant more people to talk to? 

With all the new citizens the Leader decided the small library needed one Scholar and one Scribe.  Sazir Inkoceans was now a Scholar and Unib Oiledsiege found out she had been selected as the new Scribe!

She was going up in the world!

The mid spring came and some of the Diamond Weights went to train in the barracks.  Including herself.

The rivers were still frozen as the first day of Slate rolled around.

----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

So the update broke my game.  Well, let's see how long I can handle this.  If not I can try to see if I can't create a World of Bones 2.0!
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!
Pages: 1 2 [3]