Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Renaming  (Read 790 times)

Kasmodahn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Renaming
« on: October 12, 2022, 04:41:26 am »

Hello everone, thanks for stopping by:

soo the thing is i want to rename my Fort as it didn't save the name i gave it on embark (probably left without saving it)
Is there an easy way to Edit the saves? If yes, plz give me an instruction-for-idiots (cause i'll need that lvl when it comes to editing saves) or do i have to live with the epic name "Minedaub"

Thanks in advance :)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Renaming
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 07:20:31 pm »

You could probably use DFHack's gui/gm-editor.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 07:57:05 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 07:22:09 pm »

Aye, without DFHack there's no way in the base game to do so. I have no idea how to do it with DFHack, though. Someone in that thread may be able to help you, though.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 07:57:27 pm »

This should work:

Find site_id in the list shown by entering command "gui/gm-editor ui" and press 'i' to jump to your site info. Then press enter on "name" (the first entry.) Then you can edit "words" and "parts of speech" by pressing enter on those. (Press Esc to go back to previous pages.)

You'll need to know the numbers that represent the words you want. I wrote a small script that prints all of those to gamelog.txt (since there are too many to fit in the console):
Code: (Enter this command in the dfhack console) [Select]
:lua for k,v in ipairs(df.global.world.raws.language.words) do dfhack.gui.writeToGamelog(k.." = "..v.word) end
Result will look like this near the bottom of gamelog.txt in your DF folder:
Code: [Select]
0 = ABBEY
1 = ACE
2 = ACT
3 = AFTER

Parts of speech will let you change what form the word is in (e.g., walk or walked.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 08:06:59 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?