Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Newb Question.  (Read 844 times)

winvirus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Newb Question.
« on: March 31, 2007, 08:52:00 pm »

Hey. I just started this after the "burning" loss of my fortress. (Ignore the bad pun.) Anyway, I can't figure out how to enter places on the world map. I go over a place. and there's nothing I can DO to get INSIDE. Help?

EDIT: Okay, new question, because I'd rather not triple post. But where the HELL do I find merchants?! I've searched all over towns...is there anything specific I should be looking for?

[ March 31, 2007: Message edited by: winvirus ]

winvirus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Newb Question.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 09:09:00 pm »

Oh, nevermind. After mindlessly slamming every keyboard button frustratedly, I found out. For anyone else who doesn't know, which everyone probably does except me because I suck, it's >.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 11:29:00 pm »

For the merchants they are in little buildings... they have stuff in them and you need stuff to trade. They are not very friendly.... I recommend bashing their faces in

stirpot

• Bay Watcher
  • Born and raised by a loaf of bread
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 11:33:00 pm »

The secret to adventure mode is throwing rocks and sneaking around in circles until you're superman and then just killing absolutely everyone.

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 11:52:00 pm »

This is also the secret to winning the Grand Theft Auto game series.

Maybe Toady could get a contract with Rockstar?

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

MrSidnet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 03:07:00 pm »

Frick, so THATS how you enter areas!  I hammered every key (except the shift modifiers) and gave up to come here.

I've looked all over the place, anyone have a list of controls for Adventure Mode?  I've been pressing random keys so far, but I really need a list of what each key does.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: okay, I found the help, i didnt knowit contained the key list for AM (i thought it was the same help in Fortess Mode).  Still though, a list somewhere would be useful, with some descriptions and all...

[ April 13, 2007: Message edited by: MrSidnet ]

Trae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 01:24:00 pm »

Hit the ? button and you'll get a help screen.  The 'key bindings' menu will show you what all the keys are.
f it''s broke, fix it.
If it''s not broke, break it.