Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28

Author Topic: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Ended  (Read 30051 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The World Of Bones - Succession World - Cleaners Wanted!
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2022, 06:34:55 pm »

Yes, I have many dice.  And a few thieves.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2022, 02:50:07 am »

Hey other people who like AD&D, I to am interested in that as its the only D&D I know anything about.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2022, 08:10:53 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - The Unbridled Bust

And so Grognak, with his trusty yak, Ithru, and his three war dogs, Nato, Fathri, and Rane, headed south.

Of course he had not named his animals.  His Great Grandmother had always told him never to name the animals.  Getting emotional toward future food rations was never a good idea.

Well, he headed south and southeast.  There were signs of a nearby settlement to the southeast and he wanted to visit it.

It was a small hamlet.  Called Umbralesteems. 

He tried to find people to talk to.  As he entered the hamlet he noticed ruined buildings among the still standing houses. 

He walked into the fields and found it was full sugar pods.  As he left the field and explored some of the houses that were still standing he found them empty.  Did people LIVE in this hamlet?

Who had plowed the land and seeded the fields?  He found a statue in one of the cross roads.

He was disappointed.  The artwork meant nothing to him.  He felt nothing from it.  Whatever the artist was trying to tell the viewer he, or she, or they, had FAILED.

He continued to search for somebody to talk to.

All he found were more ruins.  And intact buildings were always empty.

He moved east and noticed a building.  No doubt a mead hall or city hall.  He went towards it.

Its name was The Unbridled Bust. 

He then entered the building.  And before him stood a goblin, a human, and a dwarf.  He decided to talk to the dwarf first.  And decided not to do a tavern joke about the three.

The dwarf, named Master Rovod Zokunducim, was civil enough to exchange a greetings and a little information about the region.

Turned out the settlement was just as isolated as the fort.  So he talked to the goblin.

The goblin’s name was the Holy Sacrifice Nguslu Stasostenga.  And his information was the same.

So he talked to the human.  Whose name was the Sacred Ivy Estemoth.  And his answers were the same.

He asked a few different questions about the mead hall and troubles they might have.

None of the new information was interesting and Grognak pondered if he would ever find a center of culture and art.

But he did have some plans….which would require much travel and finding the perfect places to start his labor.

He also noticed a downward ramp in the mead hall.   Where did that go to?

Would he continue with his goal to become a great artist or go down the ramp to see what was beneath the Unbridled Bust?  Maybe he should flip a dog?  Or just go search for the perfect spot to work on his first masterpiece?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2022, 03:12:32 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Rest Stops

Grognak flipped one of the dogs.  If it landed on its belly he would go down the ramp.  If it landed on its back he would continue south until he found a spot he liked.

The dog landed on its back.  So he ignored the ramp and continued south.  In the back of his mind he wondered if those three individuals he had met in the hall were the ONLY people in the hamlet.

But in the end it wasn’t something he really worried about.

He approached the nearest river to examine it.  He frowned.  It seemed pretty small and there was no trees he could see.

He explored the area a little more.  He needed trees.

He noticed some camels but then spotted what he needed.  A saguaro!

So he went to cut it down.  He and the yak crossed the river but the dogs stayed behind.  Seems they didn’t know how to swim and feared the water.

Once the saguaro was down he used the logs to make a carpenter’s workshop.

Funny enough the dogs seemed to have crossed the river without his help and even helped with building workshop.  Weird mixture of skills.

He still needed more logs and searched for another saguaro.  After having a meal with some of the meat he was carrying and drinking from the river he found one, cut it down, and took the logs to the workshop while the dogs chased camels and the yak fled them.

Now he had the logs he went to work and made a BRIDGE!

It was lovely.  And functional.  Now he needed more logs.  For this was going to be his first piece of artwork.  A resting point for travelers.

While examining his bridge one of the dogs killed a great horned owl which Grognak butchered for what little meat it had.

He examined what logs he had and realized, even if he wanted to build a simple shelter, he still needed more logs.

So he went a cut down another saguaro.   And with the logs made a very simple shelter.

He then worked on the roof.

The result was an open ended shelter with a roof.  No much but it would keep the rain off.

And the timing was perfect.  For he needed to eat, drink, and sleep.  So he had some owl meat, drank from the river again, started a campfire, and went to sleep on the bare floor.

The next morning he found the fire still going and the animals near the shelter.

He pondered if he should add a bed?  And maybe add some more walls?

And so his first piece of art was almost done.  A rough piece of art.  But he planned to expand each one.  Try out new designs and increase his skill.

“I will be the builder master of rest stops!” he proclaimed to his animals.

Would he go down in the history as a great artist?  Or a loon?   Only time would tell.

===================================

Author’s OCC Note :

I used a d6 to decide instead of flipping a dog.  1 to 3 go down the the ramp.  4 to 6 continue south.  I rolled 5 and continued south.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 03:17:28 pm by callisto8413 »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2022, 03:15:11 pm »

nice update. you are obviously a bridge builder, innately.

one of the dogs killed a great horned owl

this confuses me greatly. either the owl made a grave miscalculation or that dog can JUMP

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2022, 03:25:16 pm »

nice update. you are obviously a bridge builder, innately.

one of the dogs killed a great horned owl

this confuses me greatly. either the owl made a grave miscalculation or that dog can JUMP

I think the owl got too close, the dog seemed to bit off a leg, killed it, and then I got two raw pieces of meat out of it.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2022, 09:21:16 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - The Next Project

So he needed more logs to finish the shelter.  Grognak went to find more saguaros.  To be honest he only needed to find one.  He needed maybe two, or three, logs.

After cutting one down and taking the logs back to the workshop he had a meal with the last of the owl meat and drank from the river before continuing his work.

He made a matching ramp, a bed, and a small chair.  The shelter, while simple, was homely and welcoming.  He was pleased.  He put the remaining logs in his backpack.  Along with some ostrich lungs he found on the ground.  He named the camp the Bridge of Peace.

He said goodbye to his piece of art and headed south.

He followed the river and passed some far off structures.  They could have been forts or tombs.  He did not care.  They meant nothing to him.

He soon became hungry, thirsty. And tired.

So he picked a spot to eat and sleep.   It was a safe place if a little barren.  He noticed some snapping turtles before he went to sleep

He woke up while it was still dark.  He ate another meal while he noticed the river was frozen.

He went to sleep, woke up again, maybe from the cold, and had another meals before going to sleep again.

When morning came he guided his yak south.  The dogs followed,

He found a saguaro.  His idea was not just make a bridge and shelter.  But a bridge AND a log cabin.

First he made a workshop near the saguaro.  Then he made the floor of the future log cabin.

The floor was almost finished but was missing one tile. He needed more logs so he cut down the saguaro while the yak and dogs went off to play.  Or chase down and kill something.  Whatever.

He had another meal of lung and water from the river.

He finished the floor but needed more logs for the walls.  And of course the ramps to allow him make the roof.  And bed.  And maybe table and chair.   Maybe a chest?

He looked forward to the work.

And of course he would need to make a bridge.

Next time would his log cabin be pretty?  Cozy?  Or cold and full of spiders?  Could he make a little front porch for the cabin?!?!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 10:25:51 pm by callisto8413 »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2022, 09:34:34 pm »

Next time would his log cabin be pretty?  Cozy?  Or cold and full of spiders?

these four attributes are present in every log cabin I've ever experienced, in varying levels. Some cabins are beautiful but not as cozy. Some are ugly, but super warm. Others - ugly, cold, uncomfortable, and full of spiders.

there's a reason only Alaskan homesteaders and yak-riding bridge builders live in them

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2022, 03:31:06 am »

Kind of random to find some ostrich lungs on the ground.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2022, 08:03:38 pm »

Kind of random to find some ostrich lungs on the ground.

I think he dropped it when he dropped the logs.  I just pushed the same letter again and again and I think I dropped the lungs.  They were in his inventory at the start of the game.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2022, 10:00:56 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - Gator Attack

Grognak Osp found another saguarto to fell and cut it down.  He took the logs back to the workshop and finished the walls of the cabin.

At this point he was kind of sleepy so he went to sleep on the floor of the unfinished artwork.

He woke up in the night, once again wanting to eat or drink something.  Also he had forgotten to make a campfire.

He went back to river, which was NOT frozen, to take a drink and then found his backpack empty of rations.

He needed to hunt.  Good thing he had three war doggos with him.

So at night he went searching for prey.

He sighted some buzzards and went for it.  He tried to mount the yak but found out it wasn’t meant to be ridden as it was purely for carrying items, pulled out his axe, and charged them.

The dogs joined in and a three of the birds were killed and butchered.

He got six pieces of meat, one of which he ate, and then he went back to work on the cabin.

It needed a ramp so he could build a roof. After finished the ramp he went searching for more logs.

As he walked about he sighted camels, ravens, and a eagle.  So there was a lot of food if one was willing hunt for it.

He chopped down another saguarto.  But he also found some obsidian rocks.  Interesting.

He took logs to the workshop and ate some more buzzard meat and drank from the river before continuing his work.

Most of the roof was finished but he still logs.  More logs.  He decided to explore the other side of the river even if his animals could not follow him, easily, across.

He found another saguarto to chop down.  And took the logs to the workshop.  He also noticed more obsidian rocks.

By nightfall the roof was finished and a door had been put in place.  And a bed had been placed in the cabin.

So he went to sleep inside a proper building for once since he left the fort.

Of course he woke up before sunrise to have a meal of buzzard meat and drink from the river which was still unfrozen.

Maybe the southern regions were warmer?

In the morning he ate the last of the meat and drank from the river.

He knew there were plenty of animals in the area so he didn’t worry about starving.  Though he did seem to be missing two of his dogs.  Where had they wandered off to?

Still, he needed logs.  So he went searching again.  But before that he wondered if he could pull down the ramp to use as something else?

He WAS able to pull down the ramp and make it into a table.

Then he found the two missing dogs just laying on the ground.  Alive but not moving.

Weird

Anyway, he crossed the river, found another saguarto, and cut it down.  Sadly it was small and only gave him a few logs.

And he was hungry and thirsty by end of it.  He would have to go hunting again soon!

Now the cabin had a chair with the table and bed.  But now there needed to be a bridge.  Which meant more logs have to be found.

But not after he hunted down some game and fed himself.

So he found and killed a snapping turtle which gave him 12 pieces of meat.  It was a very big turtle.

He washed the blood off in the river where he also refilled his skins, drank some of the river, and ate some fresh turtle meat.

Then went looking for more logs.

This time two of the dogs folliowed him.  Maybe the two stunned dogs had recovered?

Anyway, he found another saguarto, cut it down, and took its logs.

As he went back to the workshop he noticed his animals were attacking the wildlife.  He found at least one dead badger.  Which he butchered and recovered 8 pieces of meat.

He then tried to make a bridge but was one log short.  So he went and chopped down another saguarto.  He grabbed the logs and crossed the half finished bridge to be attacked by a alligator next to his workshop.  While taken totally by surprise it missed him.  Three times.

Grognak, with his axe, did not miss.

More meat!

After he killed the creature and butchered the corpse he finished the bridge.  At least his animals could now cross the river without getting wet.  His next piece of art was finished!

Hungry, thirsty, and tired he ate some gator meat, drank from the river, and went to bed in the new cabin.

The next day he had breakfast and named the new cabin, and bridge, the Home of Birds.

Then went south before his dogs killed all the birds and to save his yak who, when the sun came up, had gotten beat up by the gangs of roaming kangaroos.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 10:03:47 pm by callisto8413 »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2022, 11:12:20 pm »

this is why %98 of australia is unpopulated

its too bad this game has no canoes, it would fit right in to your stream-side adventure

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2022, 11:20:24 pm »

this is why %98 of australia is unpopulated

its too bad this game has no canoes, it would fit right in to your stream-side adventure

I wish I could farm.  Leave little fields of wheat or corn for future visitors.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2022, 04:07:45 am »

Farming in adventure mode would be pretty cool.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2022, 09:13:43 pm »

The World Of Bones - Succession World - The Loons!

Grognak had to stop to eat and drink from the river he was following.  Then he continued south again.

But then the mountains blocked him.  Yet there was evidence of a large lake of something beyond the mountain tops.  So he tried to move around them.  And found a lake. 

Surely a great place to leave another piece of art.  Maybe a two level cabin?

He found flocks of ducks and loons.  But no trees or any plants to cut down.

Then, near the southern end of the lake, was a saguaro.  So he chopped it down and started on making a workshop.

Once the workshop was finished he ate some meat and went to see if he could drink from the lake.

Turns out the lake’s water was okay to drink.

So, he pondered, a two level cabin?  Or maybe a cabin with a porch facing the direction of the lake?

Decisions, decisions.  Maybe he needed to flip a dog?

==================================================

Author’s OCC Note :

Just started laughing.  Did I invent Dwarf Fortress’s version of Australia?  I assume there are giant spiders someplace.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28